Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repair Center

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit should seriously think of having a Repair center for products.

My Charge HR has just gone over 365 days before the strap started bulging and finally the sensor does not work at all.

As it is out of warranty even though I want to pay for repir it cannot be done so have to decide.

Do i go for another charge and possibly be in same position year down the line or swap for another product or make

Best Answer
88 REPLIES 88

I second the need for a repair center. I've had my Charge HR for about 2.5 years now. The first one had problems with stairs/floors shooting out of control (as has been discussed a ton on this board). They sent me a second one, which didn't solve the problem.

After a year, the metal piece the charging cable snaps into broke right off the second one, so I discarded it and went back to the first one.

The first one's plastic "collar" that keeps the band from flapping about snapped into three pieces over the last month or two, so I called about it. No option to buy parts. They did offer me 20% off a new item, but I know the Charge 3 is likely around the corner, so I declined.

Went on Ebay, found someone selling a new buckle w/collar for $5.

Upshot: Fitbit should provide these parts.

-HM

Best Answer
My final issue was straps that come off and keep coming off -- yes I know
how to put them on correctly -- they just wear out. Bad design. Cheap
parts. They would have to replace the device every 6 months.

I wear a Garmin now.

--
Mary Andrews
Best Answer

I really appreciate the time you took to share your experience @Gregg42. We'll pass this information to our team.

Thanks for getting back @Babybird2. Sorry about the issues you've had with during all this time. Your voice is being heard, as we're actively reviewing your responses and providing feedback to our product development team.

Thanks for your understanding. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Actually, I don't understand putting out a poor product. I am using a
different fitness tracker now. The design seems to be better.

--

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

Thanks for sharing your experience with us @Babybird2. We'll make sure our team receives this information. As mentioned before, your opinion is really important for us.

Thanks for sharing. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit blaze cannot charge. Where can I send for servicing or repair?

Best Answer

Sepam82

There are no repair centers for any of the Fitbit productions.

You need to contact them with your problem and if you are lucky and

Fitbit has not reach the one year warranty limit they may have a solution to your problem

After the warranty experation the best they can do for you is give you a percentage discount towards a new Fitbit that needs to be purchased online only

Good luck

Best Answer

Which brand have you got? Thank you! 

How long have you had the Fitbit? Did they offer you a discount for a replacement without asking?

My battery went flat after 26 months. They just said it is out of the warrant period and no repair services. US$250 is down the drain. It could possibly be fixed with the battery replaced. Every government is pledging reuse, recycle... etc for environmental protection. Fitbit’s business policy looks to drive for profit. They do not care about customer services (giving a discount to replace a faulty poor product is an act of waste when it can be repaired) and corporate social responsibility. It is triple loss business strategy.

I pick up my 10 year old Casio from the bottom of the drawer on sporting days which works perfectly fine. Fitbit should looks at their poor engineering capability and realign their business vision whether they are in quick fashion or sports accessories.

Best Answer

I had a Fitbit Charge 2 it lasted 18 months. The discount was offered after they verified when my account for this product was started. I did buy another Fitbit Charge 2 because I'm kind of addicted to having all this info to encourage me to move but I bought it at Walmart at a much better price

Best Answer

Welcome to the forums @sepam82. Thanks for help @Carol160. Nice to see you here @Joseph357. Thanks for keep sharing your comments in this thread. Your comments are very important for us since we improve service and overall environment based on what you share here.

Let me know if you have questions about this topic.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dear sir or Madam

i reported my Fitbit ionic to your help desk 3 weeks ago, and told I would hear from someone within 2 days, still waiting or getting sent to help guide which did not solve my request. All I get on my Fitbit is the Fitbit logo and nothing else not even the battery icon to see if I have it charged. Perhaps you can enlighten me as to what my problem is, as I’m getting absolutely no where with anyone else.

thank you looking forward to hearing from you.

susan Walton

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've noticed you are new around @Susan-Walton, so let me give you a warm welcome to our Community. Smiley Happy

Sorry about what happened to your Fitbit Ionic. We strive for excellent customer service, and customer satisfaction remains our number one goal.  I've checked with our Support Team and apparently they already took your case under their wings. Please keep an eye in your email inbox, at this point you should have some information about your case.

Please let me know if you need anything else! Woman Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have called fitbit customer service several times on my broken Versa 

No service centers and No customer service as well 

I have an expensive paperweight  

I purchased through insurance program  at a discount   Wanted a replacement

and fitbit wouldn't even match the price on a new one to replace the verified broken model I have 

That's customer NO SERVICE   I was trying to be loyal to them  however they are not loyal to their repeat customers

Guess ill look at a garmin or other model 

Russel S.

Best Answer

Thanks for joining us @RusselSWelcome to the forums again and thank you for the thorough feedback for the Fitbit environment, customer service, platform and devices.

This has not gone unnoticed and be sure that I will pass this along. We don't want to create frustration in our customers. Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on what you share here.

About the information that you received from support, although we'd like to give you the option that you're requesting; it is not applicable for this case. I think that using this discount to get back on track with the same or a different tracker, it'd be the best option for a person that is considering staying in the Fitbit family. If it is not your case, sorry you feel this is enough but this is an option that Fitbit gives as something extra, since most of companies don't have options after the warranty ends.

I understand you've invested in the Fitbit Family; however, Fitbit as any other company have policies to follow through.  While customer satisfaction remains our number one goal, the demands of running a global business require that we enforce our warranty consistently.   

If there any questions present, please let me know and I'll be glad to help!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Option after warrantee is not longer a selling point if my Fitbit blazer last 26 months and US$120 down in drain with repair service nor replacement battery. Fitbit has to get the priority right that ‘quality’ and ‘reliability’ are the keys to keep customers loyal to the brand.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Yes they absolutely do
And I do not understand why no repair service or even parts online are available

Thank you Russ
Best Answer
0 Votes

I believe the products are not designed to allow the battery to be replaced by users or high street watch shops. Some clips on YouTube show that you need to remove a PCB before you can access to the battery. It is too difficult for general users. 

Best Answer

Hi @RusselS and @Joseph357, thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. 

Thank you for your feedback. We will use your feedback for future improvement. Do let us know if there is anything else we need to know to improve this area.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How about standing behind your products with a 2 year warrantee since so many breakdowns seem too happen between one and two years? Mine just failed and am facing: 1. replacing and 2. adding another item to trash. I see what others have experienced as well, why should I give you more of my money? Looks like failure is imminent. Poor.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had a similar problem with my Fitbit Charge.  About 13 months after purchase, the button on the side came out of the unit and will not stay in.  I was willing to accept the planned obsolescence and pay for the repair, but Fitbit told me they do not repair any of their products.  (???)  I guess they are subscribing to the "disposable society" philosophy, plus they sell more units that way !   Well, they won't be selling any to me since I will be going with a competitor's product instead of this piece of crap that has no customer support.  When  you think about it, all of the best products from reputable companies offer repair service.

Best Answer