Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scratched Charge 2 screen

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I tripped out running and have scratched the screen of my month old Fitbit Charge 2 - any advice on screen repair/replace options. Still functions but looks bad...
Best Answer
106 REPLIES 106

Hope you are okay.

Fitbit doesn't has a repair facility, they send out replacements if decided and under warranty. Falling and damaging the tracker that way.. may not count for warranty..

Feel free to contact the Fitbit Support Team (it's up to them to decide):

India | United Kingdom | United States

Best Answer

I had exactly the same accident, although my Charge 2 is less than 2 weeks old.....

Anyway, I spoke to support and they say there isn't anything they can do as they don't have any repair facilities; they don't even supply spare parts so those of us who would want to give a repair a go can't.

So the upshot of this is I will need to consider a new Charge if the scratches bother me too much. Perhaps the next generation will have scratch-proof glass oh and be water proof too!

Best Answer

It does not have warranty same thing happened to mine

Best Answer

I did not badly scratch my Charge 2 in an exercising accident but, after having it since early Nov., I do now have a TON of light scratches that are not that bad  at first glance but when light reflects off of it at a certain angle the light scratches are extremely obvious--

Because it is a newer device, I assumed the Charge 2 was made out of some sort of scratch-proof Gorilla Glass "something"...??? Had I known what I know now I would have at least hunted for some sort of screen protector, skin decal or something...

Best Answer
Best Answer

Thanks.  I wish I had known about those before I bought my Charge 2 & the should help prevent any more light scratches.

Best Answer

When I asked Customer service about my scratched screen they just sent me a link on how to clean it. Very disappointed mine is less than a week old and they charge a lot to not want to do much for their customers. 

Best Answer

My biggest gripe with Fitbit is finding out about this stuff well after one has bought the device.  Wish at least Youtube reviewers would bring this stuff up...

Best Answer

All you need is to rub a little toothpaste (non gel) on it and wipe it off.  Your screen will be good as new. 

Best Answer

Does not work Sorry.

Best Answer

Exactly my thoughts. I was charging my 4 days old charge 2 and our puppy chewed on it. Within like 10 seconds. The guy sank his teeth and the screen got holes like it's cheap plastic. I thought that no device with screen these days comes without gorilla glass or something solid like that. And no repair or screen replacement available... oh Come on... 😞 😞 😞

Best Answer

sorry your puppy gnawed on your Charge 2. I feel your pain.

My band recently just started to slowly unravel but lucky I able to super glue it.  I know replacement bands are par for the course with Fitbits but ugh...

Best Answer

Wow! That is amazing advice! Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm so sad. I anxiously awaited my new Charge 2 after my previous Fitbit broke. I've now had it 5 days and the screen is already scuffed up. I chatted with Fitbit support and am totally bummed that because its only cosmetic, they won't do anything about it. Now I can't even send it back as the 45 day trial period because they said its damaged. Its too damaged for them to take back but apparently I should be just fine with it.

I am most worried because for the past week I have worn it under the most ordinary circumstances (house work, teaching, walking) however as the weather warms up, I planned to wear it for lawn chores and riding my horses. Undoubtedly it will take more hits. Its just not going to last. What a waste of my money. 😞

Anyone else have a similar problem? What did you do about it?

Best Answer

I agree. I thought their policy was crappy. Mine is too damaged to return (after less than a week) yet I am supposed to be just fine with the damage. Unfortunately, this will likely be my last Fitbit. Anyone know other fitness trackers that hold up better AND have better policies about incidental damage?

Best Answer

tbh I have now more-or-less gotten used to the cosmetic, scuffedupness of the Fitbit Charge 2 & I have even gained a few more light scratches. To the naked eye, any random person just glancing at my device would not recognize it but when the light hits it at a certain angle it's super obvious.

My problem now is the band started slowly unraveling & when I saw that replacement bands were $30-a-pop I tried a hot glue gun under the band, which did not work but super worked like a charm; however, I now have this small lump under my band, which, again to the average stranger they probably couldn't tell but...

Best Answer

Honestly. I cannot say for sure but I have heard nothing but good things about the HUAWEI Fit. Again. I have no idea how it holds up cosmetically but at least I know now to investigate screen protectors before buying. My only issue with the HUAWEI Fit is that it is designed & looks more like a traditional watch, eventhough it is not a smartwatch, it is an Activity Tracker.

Best Answer

The face has gotten scratched already, but I'm going to go by the cell phone store and try putting a screen protector to stop anymore. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You can get cheap bands on amazon, I got 3 for $10 for my Alta!

Best Answer