Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 not syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi

I've not been able to sync my Charge 2 for nearly a week and am therefore going to start losing my data if I cannot sync it soon. I've tried all the advice I can find, turning phone on and off again, restarting the fitbit, uninstalling and reinstalling the app, turning bluetooth off and on again, unpairing the device and then pairing again, using another device to sync etc etc. So far nothing has worked. It connects and attempts to sync, steps for the current day appear on the screen and then disappear. Please help!!!!!!!

Best Answer
22 REPLIES 22

I have the exact same problem. Did u get any help? Have u been able to sync???

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi MissWalker

No reply from fitbit or resolution yet........ I suggest you keep checking this thread, as I will be doing.

If you are able to fix it please let me know how you've done it.

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey guys @Logles and @MissWalker, I hope you are doin' great! I appreciate the time you have taken to try to solve this issue, however since the troubleshooting didn't work, could you please get in touch with Fitbit Support? So they can take a look into your account and find the root of this problem. If you already did it, then just be patient. Our team will help you out as fast as they can. Smiley Wink

Let me know the outcome! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi guys,

Not sure if this is gonna help but I have a similar problem and find my Charge2 'tries' to update during the day when I'm at work or out and about. Sometimes it manages to sync but most times it doesn't and then I might see the real count on steps but then it goes back to an earlier reading....Man Sad

What I found mostly works for me is (when I get home) to put the Charge into the USB charging cable and turning the device off - press and hold the button until you see it restart (with the firmware version on screen). When I've restarted it invariably syncs up to date.....

Try it...

Kieran

Best Answer
@kieranbrady, as bad as sound if you don't delete your charger2 from the Fitbit application (online) you will not be really restarting the connection between charger2 and the tool.
It's not about pairing or inpairing but about forgetting the Fitbit I think. I hope it helps.
Good luck!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Claufitness, not really sure what you mean about 'the tool'..

The syncing I'm referring to is between the Fitbit device and the iPhone app.

It fails for me most times but when I restart the device (using the charging cable) it syncs - for me....

🙂

Best Answer

@MissWalker I'd recommend that you re-pair your tracker to your account using the replacement setup process. This should help, but keep me posted!

@Logles Out of curiosity, what type of device are you trying to sync your Charge 2 with (ie Win 10 PC, iPad, Android phone, etc)?

Also, have you tried syncing with a different device at all? Either way, I would recommend the following steps:

1. Reboot your mobile device.

2. Restart your Charge 2.

3. Open your mobile device's settings > turn off Bluetooth for 10 seconds > and then turn Bluetooth back on.

4. Open the Fitbit App to initiate a sync.

Keep me posted.

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have a Microsoft phone

Sent from my Windows 10 phone
Best Answer
0 Votes

HI Miss Walker and others, I'm also having the syncing problem.  Although it's syncing my runs, it is not tracking activity minutes or bike rides.  I've tried charing on my computer and still it won't work.  I've had this maybe a month and it worked brillantly at first.  Then last week, I began to notice the active minutes and my bike rides were not being tracked. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

I am having exactly the same problem with my new Charge 2. It says syncing and todays steps etc briefly appear on my dashboard and then all goes back to 0. My dashboard doesnt appear to be retaining all the info either.

Also it says it needs to update firmwhere but when i try to do this it constantly fails. I am using an android app.

Very frustrating! Help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Today and last night I also am having real problems syncing my Charge 2. Is this a new problem? 
Thanks for any insight.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have not been able to sync all day. I'd like some advice or answers from fitbit? So now even  though I have a charge 2 that indercounts by 30%,now I can't even get credit for the steps it has recorded. What next.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't know if it has anything to do with each other, but the fact that your data isn't storing and your firmware update is failing indicates to me that there is a signal problem- maybe your wifi is not strong enough. I know that when I have to update my tracker, I can only make it work at work. At home, sitting on top of the router box doesn't help. If I am synching at the gym, depending on where I am it will not synch no matter how long I watch it spin. And if it does synch, if I synch again it reverts back to the previous "real" synch and starts over again until I get to a place where a real synch happens. Its just my guess based on my experience. I would try to run an update somewhere you know the signal is super strong and see if all your issues resolve... good luck @jtw1072

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, the undercounting has been a continual problem(there is a very long thread on that) the syncing problem has just started the last day or so. I am current on updates. My wifi is high speed and I have now resorted to syncing on my laptop(macbook Pro) and its still a problem. I am a long time fitbit user and I am now starting to just hate it.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Having sync issues also.  Sometimes syncs but takes forever.  This issue just started today. Normally I'd open the app and it would quickly get "connected" sync and show live updates of hrt and steps.  Now I'm lucky to get steps updated, and maybe if I leave the app open eventually get the "connected" status.  I've had mine since release date, and charge hr for years before.  Using a S7 edge.

Called tech, like anytime you have an issue is new to them even though you can google a ton of his about the issue in the last 24 hours.   Supposedly there is going to be an app update in the next day or so.  

Best Answer

any update for this?

i'm already annoyed it undercounts the steps, my partners fitbit flex seems to be perfect, my fitbit charge 2 hasn't sync'd since the 13th of feb, tried doing it from phone and pc, both fail, restarted, nothing, is there a change in hardware versions? is it worth me returning it to the store and get a better band?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dear SteadVex, I have sent the charge2 back and I have replaced it by an Alta... This is working perfectly! Good luck! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you want to start the syncing process, how do you start?

Best Answer
0 Votes

how to delete account win all redy login 

Best Answer
0 Votes