Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Wake feature doesn't work on Charge 3

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why isn’t my Fitbit charge 3 screen lighting up when I move my wrist ..... to show time & steps. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
24 REPLIES 24

@Watchy  Do you have your Quick View enabled?  From the app dashboard, tap on your Charge 3 icon.  You should see a Quick View option that needs to be toggled to the on position (green).

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @Watchy, thanks for stopping by! Have you tried what @LZeeW suggested? 

I'd recommend restarting your Charge 3 by following these steps: 

• Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  • Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
  • Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. 
  • Press and hold the button on your tracker for 8 seconds. When you see a smile icon and the tracker vibrates, the tracker restarted.
  • Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

Then, please let's try these steps once again:

• On your tracker, press and hold the button until the Quick Settings menu appears.
  • Find the Screen Wake option and tap it to turn it off. 
  • Sync your tracker to save the changes.

Also, do this on your Fitbit app:

• From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon.
  • Tap or click your device image.
  • Find an option to turn off Quick View.
  • Sync your tracker to save the changes

Give this a shot and let me know if the restart and sync steps do the trick! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

All you need to do is hold the button for like two seconds and a screen will pop up and says "Screen Wake/Notifications". Simply click 'Screen Wake' and there you go.

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem of the screen going dark, but could not find any "Quick View" option in the Charge 3 app.

Best Answer

Thanks! Easy fix. Worked perfectly!

Best Answer

Thanks so much :))

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is the easiest! Thank you for this post Chanman826. It took all of 5 seconds. Like Chanman826 said: Hold down the left side button(the only button on the Charge 3), for a few seconds.

You will see "screen wake" on top. Tap it, and it lights up. Wait a few seconds for Charge's screen to go blank, and then move your hand and wrist- voilà! It works.  (You can always turn it off by tapping it again).

Easy!

Best Answer

What nobody has mentioned is that the "Quick view" or "Screen Wake" command DOES NOT exist in the iOS or Android app. Press the side button directly on the Charge 3, until the "options" screen appear. The first command is, in fact, "Screen Wake". You can toggle it on or off by tapping on it.

Cheers,

BK

Best Answer

So I have the same problem. There is no "quick" anything and the screen wake is on as well as notifications. Very frustrating.....

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here. Black screen. Tried connecting and holding button for 8 sec. Feel vibrate but nothing happens. It does such with my phone. Now what?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Agree! Very strange how the moderator would give a long complicated answer which does not work!

Best Answer
0 Votes

After doing all the restart - phone and fitbit instructions, my screen notifications would not "wake up". Usually I just press the side button and it toggles on and off. I then read your tap it instructions and voila, my screen notifications are now on. Wish I read yours first. Thanks!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks pal...that worked for me 👍👍

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for this! Easy fix!

Best Answer

I don’t see a quick view when I go to chage  dashboard and hit charge 3. There is nothing about a quick view

Best Answer
0 Votes

Juneholmes don’t try to follow the quickview advice. Instead, follow the side button advice in this thread. (Push and hold side button until the screen displays showing “screen wake.” Tap that to toggle it on or off.)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks so much.  My problem is solved

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I  push the side button, I get DND/Sleep? Not quick menu. I'm searching for the Wake function.

Sallie

Best Answer

Same issue here.  I get DND/Sleep.  I can scroll down and see the Wake function, but it doesn't do anything if I tap it.

Best Answer