Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen wake not working on Charge 4

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi All. My new Charge 4 was working fine, but I updated the software two days ago and now when I rotate my wrist my screen doesn't wake. I can only wake the screen when I press the "button." Anyone else having this problem or have a fix? Thanks!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Batdork Is sleep or DND turned on? 

Also, what @Rich_Laue is referring to is when you long press and hold the button for 2-3 seconds, there should be a screen that pops up that has screen wake listed there. It is next to the Fitbit pay menu. This is slightly different than the settings menu. This is the "Quick Settings" that he is talking about.

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2086#c4_adjustsettings

Screen Shot 2020-04-27 at 1.07.20 PM.png

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
29 REPLIES 29

Hold your button in, swipe left, check your quick view setting. 

Best Answer

Hey. Thanks for the response, but I don't see a "quick view" setting. I can get to settings, but within that category there's nothing for "quick view" or anything else that seems to apply to the screen waking when rotating my wrist. All I get within settings is brightness, vibrations, heart rate, do not disturb, sleep mode, heart zone alerts and about. Am I doing something wrong?

Best Answer

@Batdork Is sleep or DND turned on? 

Also, what @Rich_Laue is referring to is when you long press and hold the button for 2-3 seconds, there should be a screen that pops up that has screen wake listed there. It is next to the Fitbit pay menu. This is slightly different than the settings menu. This is the "Quick Settings" that he is talking about.

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2086#c4_adjustsettings

Screen Shot 2020-04-27 at 1.07.20 PM.png

Best Answer

@SrRojo gah! I'm an idiot... I didn't scroll down. Just saw the sleep and dnd settings. Thank you so much for your help!! Stay safe and healthy!!

Best Answer

Phew I'm glad you found it! You stay safe too!

Best Answer

You may want to download your user manual from the help site. 

Best Answer

I’m glad you were an idiot because so am I! I couldn’t find this darn screen wale setting for anything until I saw your post. Yay it’s finally working now! Thanks!

Best Answer

I'm glad I'm not the only one!! Happy the public airing of my cluelessness helped someone else.

Best Answer

You can add me to the list of idiots - until I saw your post on needing to scroll down to find the ‘screen wake’ setting, I was convinced the last firmware update had deleted that setting or I had a faulty product!!! So thank you - you helped me as well!

best

guy.

Best Answer

I cannot get the screen to swipe to the quick settings.

Freemont

Best Answer
0 Votes

thanks for asking this question because it was driving me nuts while swimming today. Now if fitbit woyld allow us to see our screen the entire time we are working out. It's very difficult to stop your stroke in order to flip your wrist the right way to see your screen for the less than 2 seconds it stays awake. May need to return it....

Best Answer
0 Votes

Video to treat the problem 👍
https://youtu.be/r2IfEZ7ogb8 

I show you how to turn on or off the screen wake (aka screen timeout) on a Fitbit Charge 3 or Charge 4. When its on all you have to do is flip your watch towards you and the screen will come on. Fitbit Charge 3 Fitness Activity Tracker: https://amzn.to/2SEtJkl Fitbit Charge 4 Fitness and Activity
Best Answer

You're not the only one! For several days I was struggling with the same problem. I did get to the "Quick Settings" and noticed the DND and Sleep options, but never realized I should scroll down to see the Screen Wake option ... I must have accidentally toggled this setting, perhaps while cleaning the device. I am relieved my pretty new Charge 4 isn't broken, but I really hope that new devices have a better user interface.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I found The screen and the icon with the line through it. But I cannot change it! I tap I swipe I cannot change it. Any advice? This **ahem** cost a lot of money for this to be happening

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had this problem since about the first week.  The only time it works is when I rollover in  bed and do NOT want it to!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you! This worked!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Old post but another new idiot here. I was searching for easily 1 hour or so and reading all the help pages etc. I know we have to press and hold the button to go to screen wake setting but i keep on seeing two pages only which is the fitbit pay and then swipe rite to see DND and Sleep option.... and i did not think of swiping down!!! What a total idiot!!! Lol... glad i manage to read so many forums and postings until yours one here that says... SCROLL DOWN !!! 

Best Answer

I am having this same problem.  My wake icon is grey nd won't let me change it.  Did you find a solution¿

Best Answer

Problem solved! Thank you!

Best Answer