Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up notifications; WhatsApp/messenger

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi

I'm new to Fitbit and have the charge 3! I'm looking for some advice on how to set up notifications from WhatsApp and or Facebook messenger to my watch? I'm using an iPhone and have read some conflicting info on whether this is possible?

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
20 REPLIES 20

Go into "app notifications" and check off the apps that you want to send noptifications.

Best Answer

@Bodders Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for your interest in setting up Whatsapp or Facebook notifications on your Charge 3. It is no conflict at all!

Please follow these steps:

1. With your tracker nearby, from the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the Account icon > Charge 3 tile.
  2. Tap Notifications. When you're prompted to pair Charge 3, follow the onscreen instructions. After you've connected your tracker, "Charge 3" will appear in the list of Bluetooth devices connected to your phone. Note that call, text, and calendar notifications are turned on automatically.
  3. To turn on notifications from apps installed on your phone, including Fitbit and WhatsApp, tap App Notifications and turn on the specific notifications you want to see.
  4. Tap Notifications > Charge 3 in the top left corner to return to device settings. Sync your tracker to save your changes.

Check step 3, you will find it helpful. For more details on how to set up notifications; check this helpful article

@SunsetRunner Thanks for sharing your help on this thread! 

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

Thank you for the information. What if the apps do not show - Whatsapp/Messenger do not show in app list, actually the list is empty.

Using an iPhone 7.

Best Answer

You have to receive a notification from the relevant app before the app gets listed. So get a friend to message you and then they should appear in the list.

Community Council Member

Sean | London, England

Charge 3, Blaze (Retired), One (Retired) / iPhone XS Max (iOS 12.2)

Please visit Fitbit Help if more help is needed

Best Answer

It wouldn’t show up in Fitbit app for me to select from either following the Fitbit steps.  

These are the Steps that worked for me: 

Have a friend send you a WhatsApp message that sends you a notification on your phone (make sure your phone is locked to it shows as a notification on lock screen)

reboot your phone

Then it will show in the fitbit app for you to choose from.  

I do do not use Facebook messenger so i have only tried with WhatsApp.  

i have have an iPhone 6 with iOS 12

Best Answer

@Aloishere Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for posting the situation you are experiencing with the Whatsapp option not showing when trying to set it up for your Charge 3. It should work fine for an iPhone 7.

Are you still experiencing the same?

It seems that @seantnash and @joni_marie posted some solutions above. I'd recommend trying them out as that should definitely help you out to get the Whatsapp option to show on the list.

Thanks for sharing your experiences on this thread.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Struggling to get WhatsApp and Facebook notifications on my new Charge 3 (as a complete Fitbit novice). I cannot even see these on the drop down to allow notifications. 

Any help or advice please?

Best Answer

I’m having the same issue. No messenger app showing. Even though I’m getting notifications on my phone iPhone 6 ??!

Best Answer

I just got it to work. I found another notification section and that is where all the apps are. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I receive WhatsApp notifications on my iPhone. After one day of Charge 3 use WhatsApp did show up in my app notification menu in the Fitbit app. I have set notifications on in that menu for WhatsApp and also set Notifications on, on my Charge 3 but I still don’t get WhatsApp notifications on my Charge 3.  Any idea? I do get sms/texts. I don’t seem to get calendar notifications either and they are on too.  

Appreciate the help.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I made this work. Adjusted the notification settings in WhatsApp and in the Fitbit app, to make the banners permanent and this seemed to have to have done the trick. 

Thanks all. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ever since I updated my Fitbit charge 3 a few days ago, it does not stay connected to my iPhone and it get the message Bluetooth pairing failed call notifications and all-day sync are disabled for now.  I still can manually sync.  

Best Answer

Hi,

I have just purchased the Charge 3.

I have followed the above steps but i am still not receiving any notifications on my watch.

I have even checked my whatsapp notification setting to ensure its permanent but nothing?

I am also not receiving call notifications/ calendar or normal messages

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. Had the same issue with Alta HR. Followed these to restart it https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186 and it works now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much. This was super helpful!!!

Best Answer

I have a Galaxy S6 and Fitbit charge. I am getting notifications from all my desired apps except for the ringing of the phone.  I thought when I first set it up it worked. Now when I go to select apps for notification the telephone isn't one of them. Help?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi! I am still having an issue getting any all notifications sent to my new fitbit charge 3. I've gone into the account settings on the fitbit app and into the notifications section, but it won't pair once I get into the notifications section, nor does it give me the option to turn on any notifications in regards to phone calls, text messages, or facebook messenger. So it doesn't give me the option to turn on any of these settings. I have a LG Stylo 4 that has Android 8.1. Please let me know if there is anything I can try.

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Where at? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm unable to get notifications from android mobile, especially from whstsapp. WhatsApp icon is not highlighted to put :white_heavy_check_mark: mark 

Best Answer
0 Votes