Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setup not working Charge 2

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

IPhone 6. I’ve installed, unintalled, and reinstalled everything. Every time I enter the code from my device, I get this same message. “There was a problem communicating with your tracker. Please try again.” How do we fix this?

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@BecTone Welcome to the Fitbit Community! I hope you're doing well! Is your tracker charged? You won't see a battery indicator but you can plug it for a couple of hours to make sure it is fully charged. You can also restart the bluetooth on your iPhone (make sure you go to the settings area, don't use the control center menu) or restart the phone itself and then restart your tracker by doing the following:

Plug the charging cable to your computer or UL certified wall adapter.
Align the contacts of the tracker with the charging cable and plug it in making sure it snaps securely.
Your tracker should start charging.
Press the button for 10 to 12 seconds.
You should see your tracker's firmware version and you can now unplug your tracker.

After this retry the setup process making sure your phone has a strong internet signal. Try using wifi and if this doesn't work then disable it and use mobile data.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@BecTone Welcome to the Fitbit Community! I hope you're doing well! Is your tracker charged? You won't see a battery indicator but you can plug it for a couple of hours to make sure it is fully charged. You can also restart the bluetooth on your iPhone (make sure you go to the settings area, don't use the control center menu) or restart the phone itself and then restart your tracker by doing the following:

Plug the charging cable to your computer or UL certified wall adapter.
Align the contacts of the tracker with the charging cable and plug it in making sure it snaps securely.
Your tracker should start charging.
Press the button for 10 to 12 seconds.
You should see your tracker's firmware version and you can now unplug your tracker.

After this retry the setup process making sure your phone has a strong internet signal. Try using wifi and if this doesn't work then disable it and use mobile data.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is not a solved solution! Hit the button as I hit reply. Sigh... 

I connected to wi-fi.

Now the Charge 2 is showing as paired in my Bluetooth settings for the first time, but it seems to be stuck in the app. “Connecting to Fitbit” for 20-30 minutes. 

Best Answer

Which button should i press for 10 to 12 second.

Since from last 4 days i m trying to setup my fitbit versa with Iphone 11. Did lots of things like restart bluetooth, iphone, tracker, log out from app etc but nothing is working out. 

Best Answer
0 Votes