Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Short Battery Life

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge 2 is needing to be charged after 1 day of use. The battery life was always great until a few days ago. Two times I've woken up in the morning and it was dead. Anyone have any ideas on what I can do or does this sound like a serious problem? Thanks 

Best Answer
36 REPLIES 36

Hey guys, I hope you are doin' great! 

@KayKay99, I appreciate you have taken the time to try to fix this issue and contact Fitbit Support for further help. As @Cwbarker mentioned, our team takes around 48 hours to give you a response, so I will ask you to be patient until they get back to you with a resolution. I'm pretty sure they will choose the best option to get you back on track. Let me know the outcome. 😉 

Thanks for your participation in the Community @Gpramirez. 🙂 

Have a nice day! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

I’ve tried all ideas and charge life is still appalling. These Fitbit’s are causing people headaches

Best Answer

Agree absolutely useless.

Best Answer

i have the same problem.

resetting, andoid app changes. nothing works. 1 day max with a full battery charge.

i did not have this issue when i bought the charge 2 3 months ago.  then it lasted up to 6 days.  i have a feeling that after every firmware the problem gets worse..

Best Answer
Hi
My problem was sorted, fit bit sent me a new one which is great
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Marklucas64, sounds pretty awesome that our Support team helped you out with this and get you back on track by sending you a replacement. If you have further questions or comments, keep me posted! 

@marcelmaab, I hope you are doin' great! In order for you to get further assistance, please take a look at your inbox. 😉

Have a nice day, guys! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

My doesn't last 8hrs the green lights on the back are staying on

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem. The battery life had gone down from 4-5 days to just a couple of hours the last week. I have tried the tips supplied, but it doesn’t help much. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello guys! I'm here to provide you with assistance to resolve your difficulties. I'd like to begin giving you a warm welcome to our Community Forums @Kibsgaard. My apologies for the delayed reply.

Thanks for taking in consideration the information that was previously posted on this thread. I'd like to let you know that I've contacted our Support team on your behalf to receive further assistance directly with them. That said, I recommend you to keep an eye to your email inbox for their contact, they'll be in touch with you soon. 

In the meantime, let me know if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge 2 battery barely lasts 24 hours.  I've tried every possible solution on the forum, but no fix.  Can someone help?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge2, just on Sunday (June 23, 2019), started only holding a charge for 30 minutes at the most. I have read several similar threads and some of the fixes are, to be frank, silly. Turn off all the functionality I currently am using, that used to last 5 days, so it will last longer?! That's not a good answer...be up front Fitbit...if two years is the life span then so be it...but tell us. I love my Fitbit and if I need another then fine, that's the way it is. BUT, if there really is something wrong with our devises that are crapping out after two years then let us know that too, and that you are trying to figure out why. Thanks.

Update: Since posting these questions about the battery life and my Charge2...all of a sudden (mmmmmm....really?) it is now functioning as it did before.  This behavior went on for 4 days. And all of a sudden it is taking and holding a charge. I smell a rollback of an update...and if that is what fixed it then YAY!!  Thanks Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had same sort of problem.
I eventually received a free replacement

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hello again, I'm happy to continue providing assistance. Welcome to our Community Forums @slvgw. It's nice to see @BillsFB and @Marklucas64 participating again in our forums.

@slvgw Thanks for troubleshooting your Charge 2. I was informed by our Support team that they already provided you with assistance regarding the difficulties experienced with your Fitbit. That said, I recommend you to get in touch with them again if you need further assistance or have any additional questions regarding the information that was provided by them. 

@BillsFB Thank you for taking the time to troubleshoot your device and search a possible solution for your concern here in the Community. I'd like to let you know that I've created a ticket for you with our Support team to receive further assistance directly with them, please keep an eye to your email inbox, they'll be in touch with you soon/ The feedback that was submitted in your post is appreciated, we're always striving to improve.

@Marklucas64 I'm happy to know that your received a replacement accordingly to our warranty policies. Don't hesitate to contact me back if you have any additional questions or if I can do anything else for you.

I'll be around.

Best Answer

They really didn't provide any help.  They just told me to buy a new one.  And new ones are in backorder. I asked them to expedite the order, but they said they couldn't.  So, my issue hasn't been resolved.  I'd appreciate if you can see what you can do in this situation.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @slvgw welcome back, my apologies for the delay in responding your post.

Thanks for sharing this situation with me. As it turns out, as a Community Moderator I don't have access to your order details to provide you with more information. That said, I recommend you to contact our Customer Support team again to receive further assistance, I'm sure that they'll provide you with this information. 

Don't hesitate to ask me any additional questions you may have, I'll be here. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

8/5/19  - charged my Charge 2 yesterday evening, takes longer to take a charge anymore. However before 4AM today the fitbit was totally dead. Looks like this problem in theses devices again lately. Hoping there is a fix to them soon. Less than 24hr charge is not acceptable, and I am not going to turn off all the functionalities to get longer battery life when there never was a problem before now. If there is any updates please let me know. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @ranchincows welcome to the Community Forums, thanks for your post. My apologies for the delay in responding. 

I appreciate all the details that were shared in your post and your patience with this situation after taking in consideration the information that was previously posted. I've contacted our Support team on your behalf to receive further assistance with the difficulties you're currently experiencing. That said, please keep an eye to your email inbox because they'll be in touch with you soon.

Let me know if I can do anything else for you, I'll be around.

Best Answer
0 Votes