Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Silent Alarms Adding Steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Has anybody else found that silent alarms on the Charge 3 (for those who they’re working for) add quite a number of steps to their Charge 3 when they go off?

Steps aren’t added when notifications are received just with the silent alarms.

Community Council Member

Sean | London, England

Charge 3, Blaze (Retired), One (Retired) / iPhone XS Max (iOS 12.2)

Please visit Fitbit Help if more help is needed

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

@seantnash I hope you're doing well! Thanks for reporting the situation you are experiencing with your Charge 3 alarms tracking steps.

I haven't seen this before. How many steps is it tracking when it goes off? Try restarting your Charge 3 to sort this out.

Keen to hear if any other users have experienced the same?

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@seantnash@SantiR We had another report of this and I was able to replicate just now. I'm going to let our team know and will update once I hear further. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

Lovely thank you @KateFitbit. It’s adding about 10 steps for every buzz of the alarm. I’ve tried resetting, changing to dominant wrist setting, changing intensity of vibrations. None of them cured the issue unfortunately.

Community Council Member

Sean | London, England

Best Answer

Hello,

This is my first Fitbit so I am not sure but is it normal for the step count to be affected by the device's own vibrations?

I tested the countdown application and set it to 15 seconds. It vibrates when it reaches zero and I am not looking which is great. What's not so great is that it adds about 20-30 steps. Vibration setting is at normal and I can reproduce this every time.

Anyone else having this issue? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve had exactly the same problem but with silent alarms. It definitely shouldn’t be happening and I’ve reported it to Fibit support.

One of the moderators on here also replicated the issue so has also flagged the issue to them.

Community Council Member

Sean | London, England

Best Answer

Thank you for clarifying this. Hopefully it gets fixed with the next firmware update. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is this problem solved? I can't believe this problem still exist and more then one year already passed! I noticed when silent alarm buzzes it makes steps. Also tried with counting down, as someone mention, and succeed to reproduce. Fitbit common! 

Best Answer
0 Votes