Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps not syncing towards challenges

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My steps are not registering in my challenges. My dashboard is syncd and showing steps but not pulling through to challenges. Anyone have any idea?

Best Answer
52 REPLIES 52

Did you ever find a solution for this?

im having the same problem and nothing seems to help!

Best Answer

Sadly not for the original flex. I bought the flex2 and haven't had the issue since. My hubby uses the flex and still has the issue when he's in a challenge. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for your reply!
I have the ionic and there’s no way I’m spashing more cash for another. The only reason I got a Fitbit was to compete with all my friends in the weekly challenges, very disappointing Fitbit has still not fixed the issue.
Best Answer
Mine seems to be working OK now, but I'm not sure why. I
uninstalled/reinstalled both the Fitbit app and the step counter (the step
counter was uninstalled/reinstalled a couple of times!) and then after a
while, it worked again. Electronics are so frustrating, don't you think?
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Charge 2 and have tried the solution of posting a message  but did not work. I am in challenges crossing time zones but the most recent challenge I have  been in CST, the whole time while the challenge was started in PST. I'm missing a few thousand steps again in this challenge.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why is this problem marked as solved when it is clearly not?

Best Answer

In general @gogig it is the original poster that marks the thread solved. 

I would have to read the original post and the post that they marked solved. 

As for as steps not transferring, many have found that manual steps will not transfer. Which is to keep the user from cheating. 

I see this is your first post here, so I'm not sure what steps of yours are not transferring .

Best Answer

Mine is doing the same thing. I’ve gone into messages send a message that didn’t work. I turned off my phone turned back on. That didn’t work. I looked for updates, that didn’t work. The challenge is 62,500 steps, I have over 65,000 steps but my steps won’t sync to the challenge.

Best Answer

Didn’t work for my hr2

Best Answer
0 Votes

This fix did not help for me. But I fixed it some other way.

I quit the challenge and asked someone to re-invite me. Once I joined, all my steps showed up! Woohoo!!

Best Answer

Nope, didn’t work for me either.....

Best Answer

Didn't work for me either.  But my steps are registering correctly on Step Bet, so it's another fitbit problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try quitting the challenge and ask someone to re-add you... It worked for me. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I know this is now old but I still keep getting messages from comments. As the original poster I never marked this as solved so have no idea why it was. I never cheated I am aware that manually added steps would not sync in challenges. I was not new to fit bit and had had it for over a year when he issue occurred. What actually happened is fitbit phased out the model out so they stopped that model syncing correctly in order to make people buy a newer model. The model I had was the original flex which stopped being on sale 3 months before the issue

Best Answer

It worked but it's a one-time fix. Additional steps after doing this are not syncing.

Best Answer

Yes, it's whatever number of steps you have at the time you're re-invited.  Fibbit is still responsible for fixing what they broke.

Best Answer

I did send a message and my steps are still not syncing to the work week challenge. I have also done everything else that had been suggested. 

Best Answer

The challenge step sync and step update to the work week challenge stopped at the same time for everyone in my challenge. 

Best Answer

Same here! Everyone's stopped syncing at the same time yet they show on our dashboards. 

Best Answer

My challenge groups are having the same problem. The Workweek Hustle hasn’t done a sync in over 12 hours. I wonder if Fitbit is working on the issue??

Best Answer