Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swim length tracking charge 3

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just done my first swim with charge 3 and it only shows time on the tracker (there is a clock on the wall for that) so my question is whether there is any way for it to show length count  in real time while swimming?

Best Answer
66 REPLIES 66

Hi there

I bought the Ionic for swimming & although sometimes it counts the lengths it's wrong more often than it right by 10s of lengths.

However my biggest frustration & who knows why Fitbit decided only to record your activity splits in calories WHY? I was  hoping to read that this had been put right but obviously not!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does your Versa track the swim in the App giving you details for length splits in minutes or calories like the Ionic which is useless?

Thanks Paul

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry I don’t know as haven’t swam (?) swum (?) 😂 with it yet

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey I’m not entirely sure what you’re asking-but I can tell you that if you auto track, in the app it tells you lengths, total calories, cals per minute, time per 100 meters, and total time. 

If you manually track, you get all the above info in the app, and you get your total time, calories, lengths and speed when your swim is over, but won’t see any stats while swimming. 

Also noteworthy with the versa:

-if you track manually, your heart rate monitor is disabled, and calorie count is inaccurate. 

-auto track allows your heart rate to register, but you lose lengths/laps, your speed is incorrect and calorie count is also off. 

It it really depends what’s important to you. The versa is the only Fitbit tracker that correctly tracks my laps and speed when using the manual tracker. So I use both options-depending on whether I want my speed/laps or my heart rate monitored. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi LindseyThank you for your detailed reply. What I was trying to say is "What athlete wants to measure their performance in calories" which is what the Ionic does for the swim results which is ridiculous. All the data is on the watch so I can't understand why it's all not transferred & uploaded to the App?The other problem is you don't swim in your glasses so I can't read the results from the watch & even try to remember them.Thanks PaulSent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought charge 3 as swimming is only exercise I can do and I'm quite disappointed that it doesnt count lengths. Not a happy bunny. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit Charge 3, which is only a year old has now packed up. Fitbit have been kind enough to send me a replacement. I must say, I think it is swimming in mine that has caused it to go faulty. I certainly won’t be going swimming with my new one. 

Best Answer
0 Votes