Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swimming with Charge 3

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Due to bad knees, I do most of my exercising/walking/joggin while in the pool.   My one disappointment with the HR that I now wear is that I can't wear it in the pool, and thus don't get credited for activity I do while in the water.   Does the Charge 3 track physical activity such as walking, jogging while in the water.

Best Answer
37 REPLIES 37

@ebygomm; if your Charge 3 is doing what you say then it’s NOT performing to current specifications and you have a ‘bug’. What’s probably happening for you is the same as me and others; it’s recording your ‘swim’ as a ‘run’, ‘workout’ or something else other than a swim and that’s why HR is working. The Charge 3 is VERY BUGGY’, particularly fir swimmers.

Best Answer

Nope, it logs it as a swim, counts the lengths and measures heartrate

Capture.JPG

Best Answer
0 Votes

How did you get your charge 3 to do this? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@KateFitbit I didn't get any of that info from tracker and graph gave very little info 🙄

Best Answer
0 Votes

It worked like this out the box. From day 1 it has autotracked my swims including heart rate.

The only bug I've noticed is it likes to say "sleep not tracked" when I've finished my swim

Best Answer
0 Votes

You're lucky then as mine gives very little and heart rate is supposed to be disabled. I'll try letting it auto track ans see if it makes a difference 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Swimming with swim tracker. I do not see what you are saying. The only thing that I can do is swipe down to set a goal and start and stop thats it. I can't swipe up at all. I haven't used it with the fitbit app on my Android Samsung Galaxy though., Could you please comment., 

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you just go ahead and swim it recognises the exercise and monitors it.

Mine doesn't reflect very good stats...laps n distance way out and calories are very low 😟 I just use it as a guide to improve from previous swim

Best Answer

Also too, can't find where you can set the pool length. Again please comment.Would be nice to have an edit function on the messages. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Also too, can't find where you can set the pool length. Again please comment.Would be nice to have an edit function on the messages. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
You need to do it in the app.

Go to exercise and choose swimming but it's set to 25m as default
Best Answer
0 Votes

The app in my phone I assume. Correct., Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
No probs hope it works ok
Best Answer
0 Votes

If you have an android phone, you have to open the app on it, go to your Account (upper right corner where you see the blue square with lines), scroll down to and click on "Advanced Settings", scroll down to and click on "Swim Settings". Fill in the pool length (most exercise facilities like the Y have the standard 25-yard length, some parks have 35-50 yards but will show metric equivalents, most schools and similar facilities have the standard regulation competition 50-meter length).  Make sure you know what measurement your facility uses, as meters are slightly longer than yards, and if you key in the wrong measurements, the Fitbit will auto detect your swim exercise and give you inaccurate stats.  For example, keying in 25 meters when the pool length is really 25 yards will make you seem slower, coz the Fitbit "measures" your flip turns or change of direction at each end of the pool. I have both a Charge 3 and a Flex 2, and have had no problems with both tracking swims accurately. Just remember to swipe up on the Charge 3 and press the "start" and "finish" buttons. Calories burned depends on how fast you swim. The faster you go, the more calories you burn. But it's hard to keep the speed up consistently during a swim, so maybe do some quick sprints and continuous slow swims in succession, one right after the other, because I've noticed that if you stop for even a few seconds to rest, the Fitbit also stops tracking, then you have to restart on the Charge 3 again. For this reason, I love to consistently use my Flex 2 for swims because I don't have to do a restart, but it will just auto detect a new set of laps for my slow swims and my sprints.

Best Answer

How do I track swimming?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I saw swimming as an option in exercise on the Fitbit. Now it doesn’t appear. Do you know how to get it to be displayed again?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hiya

I usually just let it detect the exercise, or you can select swimming and
start when you're ready to swim the stop once you're done. I find letting
it detect exercise gives you better details

Hope that helps 😁
Best Answer
0 Votes

I also do my workouts in the pool.

I place my charge 3 inside my left swim shoe with receiver just below the ankle and it counts steps great while working out in the pool and seems to pick up heart rate also.

Best Answer
0 Votes