Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing steps on Charge 3 after sync

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Upgraded to Charge 3 from Charge 2 yesterday. Fluent in the use of the app, mobile track, etc.

(1) I'm noticing my calories burned today are a good bit lower than usual for time of day, which is likely related to issue (2) after my recent few syncs (all day sync is OFF and I sync at breaks, etc to check on challenges) a chunk of steps have disappeared. I was over 5000 at 2pm, and now down to 3448 within the hour. Shutdown and restarted phone, synced again, and the steps still are missing. Anyone else experiencing these issues?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Last night, after restarting the Charge 3 a few times and having no apparent success with the step loss, I restarted it 3 times just before bed. Today, I am no longer having issues with step loss when syncing. I hope it stays that way!
Now I shall continue to fret about no watch faces with a date 😕

Sent from my iPhone

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
82 REPLIES 82

Same problem the ap goes to Alta HR to get data them over writes what is on Charge 3.

Multiple restarts doesn’t help nor does turning off the all day sync on Alta but leaving it on for the charge 3

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve had exactly the same issue, I know I’ve done about 13,000 steps today and it knocks off about 4,000 every time I sync. So frustrating. 

Best Answer

I deleted tha Alta HR from my account

The charge 3 is syncing to ap

I am still loosing steps as during sync it seem to change to charge to some earlier point rather than the charge updating the ap

I have a iPhone 7 but my operating system is up to date

Best Answer

Same issue

i am on all day sync but will turn this off to see  if makes a difference

I thought if was due to the Alta HR on my account but still occurring after removing Alta

how do we know if Fitbit is aware of this problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes
There’s an update so I’m trying that now, hopefully it’s the fix!
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kaity27 wrote:
There’s an update so I’m trying that now, hopefully it’s the fix!

Same!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just installed the update. Synced and I lost approximately 3000 steps from yesterday. There are also periods today I was walking where there are no steps counted. Something is messed up. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I just synced after the update and lost 100 steps.. this is ridiculous. It told me I slept for 2 hours this afternoon when I was walking as well. And picked up another hours walk but then said I had no steps from doing it. My Fitbit 2 with a cracked screen and no display does a better job than this one!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I've had the Charge 3 for 48 hours, the steps reverse on the device, particularly when I open my iphone to the fitbit app.  Its moved back as much as 2000 steps.    Fitbit chat form tells me that it is a known issue and they are working on it.   Extremely frustrating.  Anyone else encountering this.  Fitbit acknowledges that they can see I have many more steps in their data base versus what the device is reading at my end.  I'm told to be patient.  I'm at 6,881 right now, but I know that I'm closer to 10,000.

Best Answer

Having same problem , only got my charge 3 today , and went from 15.000 down to 11.000  . it happened when i joined a challenge , and even took them off my leaderboard stats , 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just wondering if you have another Fitbit on your account that it's reading instead? That has happened to me.   My Charge 3 is coming tomorrow and I hope it works well!  How did you get yours so early? Scary that "it's a known issue"!  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Last night, after restarting the Charge 3 a few times and having no apparent success with the step loss, I restarted it 3 times just before bed. Today, I am no longer having issues with step loss when syncing. I hope it stays that way!
Now I shall continue to fret about no watch faces with a date 😕

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
I’ve tweeted them and waiting a response, I’ll update as and when!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Thank you for the advise. You’re correct, I still had the charge 2 attached. I will see if that works. I purchased online from BestBuy in Canada, ironically on an extended warranty claim on the Charge 2.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I talked to someone through the chat and was told the following:

Our engineering team is aware of this issue and is currently working to resolve it and hope to have a fix soon.
I'm really for the trouble you have experience with your device, rest assured that our team is working hard to get this issue fixed since has affected a lot of customers.

I hope we get a quick fix.

Best Answer

I have the exact same issue. Just got my Charge 3 today, swopped out the Charge 2 (deleted off app and Bluetooth) & I’ve been losing steps all day. Seriously unimpressed. Rather concerned that Fitbit is aware of the issue. How can they launch a product with issues! What are we paying for here. 

Best Answer

I’ve talked to them three times today via chat. Im really pissed. Just lost another 500 steps by reviewing on iPhone app. I watched it drop approx 500 steps on the FitBit. Extremely frustrated. And I was pumped to get it. First time I’ve been ahead of everyone with regards to new electronics !

Best Answer

What did they say?

Best Answer
0 Votes

They’re working on it, it appears they’re aware of it now. Hopefully they didn’t release knowing about this.

Best Answer
0 Votes