Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing steps on Charge 3 after sync

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Upgraded to Charge 3 from Charge 2 yesterday. Fluent in the use of the app, mobile track, etc.

(1) I'm noticing my calories burned today are a good bit lower than usual for time of day, which is likely related to issue (2) after my recent few syncs (all day sync is OFF and I sync at breaks, etc to check on challenges) a chunk of steps have disappeared. I was over 5000 at 2pm, and now down to 3448 within the hour. Shutdown and restarted phone, synced again, and the steps still are missing. Anyone else experiencing these issues?

Best Answer
0 Votes
82 REPLIES 82

while the post I had been monitoring and posting to about steps being lost on sync was closed as 'fixed', the behavior still exists!  There are no firmware updates available for the charge 3, app  (windows) is current but 10k+ steps were lost on a 6/19 sync.  Trying again on 6/20 steps went from 7k to 3123 on sync.  Looks like fitbit moderators are closing problem reports (over a year old!) even though the behavior has not changed, and steps still are being lost.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I experienced the same issue for the first time today with my Ionic, loosing over 3K steps from a high of around 14k.  The distance seems correct though at just over 10km.  With a stride length of 71cm, 10km would equate to 14,085 steps, but the Ionic and app are showing 10,886 Steps.  Very disconcerting that this issue has been ongoing for so long without a solution.

Best Answer
0 Votes

PS. The full 14,269 steps were showing in the ‘Exercise’ section of the app.

Best Answer
0 Votes