Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Orientation doesn't change

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was wearing fitbit charge 2 on my right hand and I switched to wearing it on my left. I went to settings in the dashboard, I changed the wrist orientation to left while leaving handedness as right. However, the text orientation doesn't change on the fitbit charge 2 screen even after multiple manual syncs. How to fix this problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

@salilsurendran  Please correct me if I misunderstand what you are saying.  When wearing your Charge 2 on your right wrist, the orientation is such that you press the button with your left index finger.  When wearing it on your left wrist, you want to wear it so that you can press the button with your right index finger.  That will not work.

The button must always be to the left as you look at the tracker.  The Quick View feature that wakes a dimmed screen only works in one direction.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Hello @salilsurendran and @LZeeW.

Thanks for trying to sync multiple times to get to change the text orientation.

I will be moving this to the Charge 2 board as I think it is better suited for it.

In this case @LZeeW is correct. It is not possible to set it up that way. The setting for wrist orientation is more related to knowing what wrist it is being worn on to better track your movement and adjust the algorithms accordingly.

Maybe you could post it about it in our Feature Suggestions board. Other users could then comment and vote on your idea to show their support. Be sure to also read the FAQ if you have any questions in the way that board works. 

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

Hi, where you change the wrist it says Fitbit changes the orientation depending on which wrist so why doesn’t it change?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @Awesomely, I am not sure where you are seeing that Fitbit says it changes the orientation?  

As others have mentioned, it does not change the orientation.  When you change the wrist setting in the app it slightly changes the algorithm for counting steps:  when you wear it on your Dominant wrist, the step counter will be slightly LESS sensitive, to avoid too many false "hand steps" (people move there dominant hand more often -- so the step counter needs to expect more hand movements).  With the setting to Non Dominant the step counter will be MORE sensitive, because the program will expect fewer hand movements.

That is the only reason for the hand setting -- nothing to do with screen orientation, which is always the same whichever hand it is worn on.

I hope that clarifies.  Welcome to the forums.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

Hello @Awesomely and @Julia_G.

@Julia_G thanks for being around to help. 

@Awesomely, the post above this one is very on point. If you do find it useful be sure to vote for it.

Be sure to let us know if you have any further questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Julia, thanks for the response and welcome.  I’ve made peace with this😊 but I’m attaching a screenshot of where I saw this as asked in my question.  It is in the app where you change the chosen wrist.  It’s nice to see that there is indeed support👏🏻Looking at the forums I don’t think I’m the only one who misunderstoodLooking at the forums I don’t think I’m the only one who misunderstood

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Awesomely.

Thanks for sharing that screenshot. 

Please know that we take all feedback seriously and that your post will not go unnoticed. We are always looking for ways to improve.

If you have the time, be sure to visit one of our Discussion boards. Perhaps something in there will pique your interest, or you have something you'd like to share. 

Feel free to reach out with any questions.

Best Answer