Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracker not found, unable to sync

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

All of sudden ,I keep getting Tracker not found message and unable to sync. Charge 2 and my phone is LG XPower. Already restarted twice both Charge 2 and phone. I've used the same Charge 2 and phone for 6 month, this issue started last night.

Best Answer
46 REPLIES 46

Exactly, alway had the same vibe here. 

Best Answer

And there is zero consideration for the fact that the same people who are indicating a sudden issue with their Fitbit, often also indicate that there is zero problem with any other device or app associated with their phones 

And yet, it *must* be a problem with something other than the Fitbit  we are told  

So how come the cache clearing, and app reinstalling, and device resetting instructions are only given for the Fitbit? Hmmmmm... 

Best Answer

I started having the same issues again with the iPhone 8 and just gave up... No more Fitbit 

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue here.

Having tried everything I could find to connect my phone to my fitbit (which had been happily paired for nearly a year) - restart phone, restart bluetooth, reinstall app etc etc. I eventually tried to connect it on my laptop.

New installation of the app on Windows 10, try to Add Device and follw the instructions but it just shows "Connecting" and never goes any further. Eventually it times out.

The laptop's bluetooth settings show that it can see the Charge 2, so its bluetooth must be working. So i can only presume that it is a problem with the app itself.

Any further suggestions or help appreciated

Best Answer

@BrainWaveCC these steps are being given because your fellow Fitbit users have discovered that they have fixed their issues.

Now unlike most apps, Fitbit embeds drivers into the OS, which might be why clearing cache has helped in the past. With the latest app update this so hasn't helped me.

@boyse7en once the tracker is setup to your Fitbit app, it normally will not need to be setup again. The should have been no reason to do an add device on the computer as long as you've logged into the correct account.

One thing that you would need to do is turn off the Bluetooth on the phone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Rich_Laue

I was only setting it up again as it didn't work. After following these instructions - 

If your Fitbit device still won't sync, try these steps:

1. Force quit and then reopen the Fitbit app.
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Open the Fitbit app.
  4. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart it. For instructions see How do I restart my Fitbit device?
  5. Uninstall and reinstall the Fitbit app.
  6. If your Fitbit device won't sync after you reinstall the app, log in to your Fitbit account on a different phone, tablet, or computer and try to sync. 
  7. If your Fitbit device still doesn’t sync, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your phone and try to sync.

and getting nowhere with it the only option i could see that i had left was to remove the device from my phone, reinstall the app and start from scratch again.

When that didn't work i thought I would try using a laptop in case the problem was my phone, rather than the Charge 2. Having tried the laptop app and it still won't connect to the Charge 2 I'm at a loss as to what to do. I have tried switching off the bluetooth on both phone and laptop, but no combos of off/on seem to work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

tried again this evening on my phone. made sure that Bluetooth was turned off on the laptop. 

Uninstalled fitbit app. Reinstalled from Play Store. Went to Add Device. Selected Charge2 and follwed instructions. After about 10 seconds of whiring it found my Charge 2 and said it was Connected. The up popped a Bluetooth Issues warning dialogue and connection failed

Best Answer
0 Votes