Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracker won't sync after update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So after the update on the 7th, my device wouldn't sync. I restarted the Fitbit and it worked. Last night it stopped being synced again. So far I've done the following:

- restarted the Charge2 at least 8 times

- restarted my phone several times

- uninstalled the Fitbit app and reinstalled 

- removed device from Bluetooth 

- reset my phone settings

I tested to see if my phone would pick up another Bluetooth device in the house and it did. I didn't connect the device. So it has to be a Fitbit malfunction in my mind. My Charge2 was on the charger when doing the actions above. The Charge2 just isn't on my phone's radar. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @WilliamD7, hope you're doing great! Thanks for already troubleshooting this syncing issue, nice way to go! 

I'd like to make sure about the following requirements:

Keep in mind that if your iOS or Android device is managing multiple Bluetooth connections simultaneously:

• Your Fitbit tracker might stop syncing or stop receiving call, text, and calendar notifications.
  • You can experience interruptions with any consistently streaming Bluetooth connection such as headsets, car kits, stereo audio, tethering, and file transfers.

These interruptions are caused by known iOS, Android, and Bluetooth limitations. For Android users, it's also possible that an app on your phone is causing the issue. I recommend trying these steps:

1. Turn off the Always Connected option your tracker settings in the Fitbit app.
  2. Disable other Bluetooth connections when not in use.
  3. Check to see if your mobile device has an app compatible with Ford Motor Company's voice control system. If so, you'll need to disable Bluetooth on the app if possible or uninstall it.

If what I posted above doesn't make any chance on this issue, I'd recommend removing your device. To do the "Forget This Device" procedure, follow these steps:

• From the Fitbit app tap the button on the top left corner and tap "devices".
  • Tap on your Fitbit listed in the menu and then at the bottom tap "Remove This device". 
  • Go into the Bluetooth settings on your phone and tap on "Forget This Device".
  • Go back to the Fitbit app, go to the "Account" option in the upper right corner and select "Set up a Device". This should start the setup process for your device.

Make sure all other bluetooth enabled devices are out of range when you do this.

Hope this does the trick!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
22 REPLIES 22

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @WilliamD7, hope you're doing great! Thanks for already troubleshooting this syncing issue, nice way to go! 

I'd like to make sure about the following requirements:

Keep in mind that if your iOS or Android device is managing multiple Bluetooth connections simultaneously:

• Your Fitbit tracker might stop syncing or stop receiving call, text, and calendar notifications.
  • You can experience interruptions with any consistently streaming Bluetooth connection such as headsets, car kits, stereo audio, tethering, and file transfers.

These interruptions are caused by known iOS, Android, and Bluetooth limitations. For Android users, it's also possible that an app on your phone is causing the issue. I recommend trying these steps:

1. Turn off the Always Connected option your tracker settings in the Fitbit app.
  2. Disable other Bluetooth connections when not in use.
  3. Check to see if your mobile device has an app compatible with Ford Motor Company's voice control system. If so, you'll need to disable Bluetooth on the app if possible or uninstall it.

If what I posted above doesn't make any chance on this issue, I'd recommend removing your device. To do the "Forget This Device" procedure, follow these steps:

• From the Fitbit app tap the button on the top left corner and tap "devices".
  • Tap on your Fitbit listed in the menu and then at the bottom tap "Remove This device". 
  • Go into the Bluetooth settings on your phone and tap on "Forget This Device".
  • Go back to the Fitbit app, go to the "Account" option in the upper right corner and select "Set up a Device". This should start the setup process for your device.

Make sure all other bluetooth enabled devices are out of range when you do this.

Hope this does the trick!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Hello MarreFitbit, 

I've gone through your suggestions and still no luck. My Fitbit is on a supported device; iPhone 7. My Bluetooth is on. I have the latest update for my phone as well as Fitbit. There are no other devices paired with my phone. My battery is full. Already did the remove this device from Bluetooth as well as tried the replace the device through the Fitbit app. Now I've said forget this device and now it won't find it at all anywhere; phone or Fitbit app. I'm just gonna take it to a store and see what they can do. 

Best Answer

I have the same problem. I tried syncing for days. I tried resetting many times. Ive turned off Bluetooth on my phone (Android). I've tried a second phone and two different computers. Nothing sees my Charge 2. Now I've deleted the device and setup/pairing won't work. I've tried everything short of a factory reset. It has to be the Bluetooth on the watch. It's a shame that the only thing left is a factory reset and loss of data.

Let us know if you find the solution.

Best Answer

Only solution I have is returning this Fitbit back to Fitbit and getting another through my warranty. 

Best Answer

Yes, that's what I had to do, but now I can't get the new tracker to connect during setup. So frustrating.

Best Answer

I have had the same issue, and I just managed to solve it - maybe this will help you guys.

Background:  I have an Android v.5.1.1 (Kyocera Brigadier) and a Fitbit One - I've had the phone for over a year, and the One for two years, and both have been synced and working fine for that entire year - until Sunday night (8/13/17) when they stopped syncing for no apparent reason.  The Fitbit had been charged a day or two earlier, and the Fitbit App had not been updated on my phone (new update was available in July, but was not installed yet).

I tried: 1) Uninstalling and reinstalling the Fitbit App, 2) Restarting my phone, 3) Fully charging my One, 4) Restarting my Bluetooth connection, and finally 5) Unpairing my One from my account.  None of these worked, in multiple tries and multiple combinations - and in fact, when I Unpaired my Fitbit One, I couldn't get it to reconnect with my account/app.  It kept giving me errors and issues (couldn't find device, restart Bluetooth error, etc).

What finally worked: In the troubleshooting guide on the Fitbit website, there's a minor note on how to restart your Fitbit device - for the One, you plug it into the charger in your computer, hold the button down for 10-12 seconds, then unplug it, and hold the button down 2-3 seconds again until the display comes up.  After I did this, I went through the steps to reconnect the One with my account/app - and it worked!  I did not lose any data and everything is syncing and connecting again.  Hopefully this will continue to work properly day after day going forward.

Good luck to you all!

Best Answer

I've tried everything including what you've posted to get my charge 2 to connect to my phone after the new update. Still will not connect. Please fix this problem. I had no issues until this last update. And as I've read others are having the exact same issue. 

Best Answer

This charge 2 is now looking like a total was of money! Like many of you mine hasn't synced since last Tuesday and I've tried everything suggest. It seems to be the last update that killed it but it's seems pointless even wearing it now. Very disappointed with this product,  it's only 6 months old and too expensive to replace on a regular basis.

Best Answer
Hi,
I was able to resolve the problem by working with Fitbit Cust Support. I contacted them, explained the symptoms and all the actions I had taken, they had me perform a couple of "tries" and then concluded that it was not fixable. Because the Charge 2 was still under warranty, they replaced the "pebble" (the watch piece) no charge.

(there was a hiccup here in that the replacement pebble wouldn't sync either. I pulled out my old Charge HR to validate it was neither of my phones, and Fitbit replaced the replacement).

I'm up and going again.Nancy
Best Answer

I was able to resolve by getting a replacement from Fitbit, as mine was still under warranty.

N

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fit has been having major issues ever since the recent ios update. The battery only stays charged for 2 days when it used to stay charged for at least a week. It has stopped syncing several times and I have to reboot my phone and turn my one on and off. It has now been three days and the **ahem** thing refuses to sync. It is tracking steps but will not sync no matter what I do. I have had a fit bit for over 4 years. It isnt me. I know how to troubleshoot things. It is you fitbit. And this sucks!

I have tried all of the troubleshooting tips including "forgetting this device" and trying to reset it up as a new device. No luck.  It has been saying searching for 4 minutes now.  It is fully charged, bluetooth is on, and no other devices are near by. I have an iphone 6 s. I have tried rebooting phoen, I have tried resetting my one.

I am beyond frustrated. The last update killed my one!  Please help!

Best Answer

Thank you for this.  I just tried this 3 times and the third time was a charm. I am back up and running (for now). Appreciate the message.

Best Answer

If you're still having battery issues, you could try shutting off "Always Connected" and/or "All Day Sync".  I keep "Always Connected" shut off and "All Day Sync" turned on, and I get a week to ten days of battery life on my One with persistent daily activity.  The sync actually works better now than before the update, and I still haven't had any further issues.  Glad to help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This finally worked! Thank you for the suggestion!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing happened to my Fitbit charge 2 after the Fitbit update my Fitbit will not send it to my phone it won't even show up in my Bluetooth anymore I've done everything that they've told me to do and everything I saw online nothing has worked I even resetted the Fitbit I'm really agitated now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here 

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you find out if your Fitbit is still under warranty I got my Fitbit almost two years ago

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ever since the late update, my Fitbit one will not synch automatically.  I have reloaded the app, rebooted the phone, checked the bluetooth, etc. I have checked all settings.  This seems to be a system flaw. Is there any way to get the synch feat8to work automatically again? (Samsung android phone)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you find anything or they send you a new one yet?  I updated my Fitbit , which I had for only a week, and it's not syncing with my phone. One of the best feature I liked was the call vibration I get on wrist. I have tried all the sensible fix that are mentioned above. Nothing is happening. 

Best Answer