Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trading in my fitbit

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I have a Fitbit charge HR and it is in perfect condition! I want the Fitbit Alta. Since the charge HR costs more money can I trade in my Fitbit that is in amazing condition for a new Fitbit Alta??
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello and welcome to the forums @Emmybassler

Fitbit doesn't have a trade-in program, but you could always give your ChargeHR to a friend or family member and get the Alta.

Now if you got your device directly from Fitbit, they have a 45 day return policy, for any reason. Some retail outlets have varying return times, so you might want to check with them.

I'd like an Alta, too!

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
36 REPLIES 36

Hello and welcome to the forums @Emmybassler

Fitbit doesn't have a trade-in program, but you could always give your ChargeHR to a friend or family member and get the Alta.

Now if you got your device directly from Fitbit, they have a 45 day return policy, for any reason. Some retail outlets have varying return times, so you might want to check with them.

I'd like an Alta, too!

Best Answer
thank you!! if I give to a family member are you saying I would get one for free?? or re buy and spend the money!?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

@Emmybassler you'd be gifting the ChargeHR to the person of your choice and spending your money for the Alta.

If your friend has a Fitbit, the two of you can do challenges and see who steps the most.

There are always sales at places like Target and Best Buy. Fitbit usually has sales around the holidays, too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

i think this is a horrible answer. I have three fitbit flex and two charge hr's and now the blaze. I'm filling a drawer with useless trackers I can't give away. Please come up with a trade in program since i know you refurbish them at little cost. Or at least a recycle program since this plastic isn't going away any time soon.

Best Answer

@dolevsky if you aren't using your Fitbits, there is a way to recycle them. Please check out Recycled Health - click - which collects and gives new life to unwanted devices.

Best Answer

@Emmybassler @dolevsky Welcome to our Community! Currently Fitbit doesn't have a trade-in program but you can vote for this request in our Feature Request board. The more popular an idea is the more likely the developers will try to implement it.

We also encourage everyone to recycle their defective trackers through their local recycling programs so @Odyssey13's suggestion is a great one for this purpose.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
They are only useless because you deem them to a life in a drawer. I have 2 that I switch out for different reasons. I use the Alta mostly during the workday when I am not as active and switch when I need other features.

Giving them to a Friend or family member would also make you a lifelong friend and give you a new workout buddy.
Best Answer

Hello and welcome to the forums @Flirtmd

Very true words.

Nice to see you around the forums.

Keep on stepping!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you still have the HR? I just received a new Alta and wanted the Charge. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a HR and also would like to change it for an Alta 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the forums @Comare

If you have an Alta and would rather have a different Fitbit, why not return it?

The Charge is no longer being produced.

The new models are the Alta, Charge2, Flex2.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Glad you've joined us @Kimv99

You'd first need to return the HR where it was purchased in order to get the Alta.

Keep on stepping!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry it took so long to respond but yes i do!! wanna trade??

Best Answer
0 Votes

YES i do!! trade??

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have a charge HR and am looking for an Alta

Sent from my Personal Assistant iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree it is a horrible answer. I also got a nice nasty gram for saying the "s" word when wanting to get a different Fitbit. 

APPLE just earned my business. Will not by another fit bit. 

Best Answer

Why can't we organize trades within the community?

Best Answer

I completely agree! 

Best Answer

I'll gladly buy one of those charge Hrs off you

Best Answer
0 Votes