Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn off floors?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is there a way turn turn off the floor option so floors are not counted at all?

Best Answer
15 REPLIES 15

No there isn't. You could suggest that option here , preferably first searching if it is already there to add your vote to it.

I'm curious why you would want them completely off instead of just ignoring them.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

I work on a train all day so going through tunnels seem to tell the charge 2 that I suddenly climbed 50 floors. 

This messes up my calories count big time so I asked for the feature to turn it of when I had the charge 1.

But nothing yet. That is pretty lame fitbit! 

Best Answer

I don't think they affect calories burned on the Charge 2 since it detects heart rate and calculates calories from that.  On an earlier version without heart rate, I can see perhaps it would use that in calories but I think not on the Charge 2.

Curious about the tunnels.  There must be a big change in atmospheric pressure in them.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a calorie count of 3000-4000 a day so I thought it affected it but I could be wrong. This is my first day using it.

Yes you can really feel it in the ears when going through tunnels in 200 km/h 🙂 

Best Answer

You could check that by looking on the dashboard at fitbit.com at the daily graph of floors and calories to see if calories do jump when you get the extra stairs.

Best Answer

I will as soon as I'm back. Now it's Christmas! 😀

Best Answer
0 Votes

As @JohnnyRow stayed floor counts have never added calories. Even with the non heart rate trackers. Calories. . My guess it takes energy to keep the body balances when on the train. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh, well I'm on my feet almost all day so I guess I burn a lot of calories. 

I think I need to buy me a gainer protein supplement 😁

Best Answer
0 Votes

Because the charge 3 doesn’t count them correctly I can walk a lap on a flat office loop of 30 feet and it tells me I did “great 5 floors “

Best Answer

Walking past air ducts could add floors. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem on the Charge 3 except I gain floors while driving or doing water aerobics. It's quite irritating. I found a recommendation on Fitbit that said you can put in the activity you were doing during the time that stairs were logged to override and remove the stairs but it does indeed change the calories burned when you make that change. 

Best Answer

Fotbit does a vo2 fitness calculation when running. But it does not do the calculation when running hills. With all the stairs, it never does the calculation.

Best Answer

Fitbit has never used floor count on any calculation other than display for The user. 

While on a run, GPS will be used to monitor 

Yes @OvS123 SpO2 is the amount of O2 in the blood, why would going up hills keep the tracker from reading the SpO2. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Apologies, my understanding might be wrong. Recommendation is from article : Go for long runs on flat terrain. (How do I get best cardio fitness score during runs?)

My understanding was that the same mechanism is used to determine flatness of terrain. And it also is that it needs flat terrain to properly calculate vo2. So I understand then that the sensor for flights of stairs is not used when determining flatness of terrain. That is good news as I then can totally ignore it.

I tried to implement the workaround (set execise to driving) but it then loses my steps as well which is not acceptable. 

So if there are no effect than display. I can live with it by ignoring it. I have a shooting star badge (20 000 lifetime floors) 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've never heard of using driving as a workaround for removing only stair counts. 

It will also remove steps. 

Also Stairs will not be added unless the tracker is also adding steps, something the bouncing train will be doing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes