Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to pair Fitbit charge 2 with Android phone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a charge 2 version 22.22.58.0 and I cannot pair it with my Google pixel 3a phone anymore. I used to be able to. I've tried restarting, removing and reinstall, etc 

Best Answer
0 Votes
15 REPLIES 15

Can confirm that I have the same issue with a Pixel 2 and Charge 2. Used to be able to pair them, but the tracker stopped being able to sync about a month ago and I cannot re-pair the tracker anymore. I've tried lots of different things: deleting app, deleting app cache, toggling Bluetooth, restarting tracker, restarting phone, removing other Bluetooth devices from phone. Nothing worked. I did try pairing on an iPhone and it worked fine the first time, so I feel that it has something to do with either the Android OS itself (I'm on Android 11) or the Fitbit app on Android (version 3.32) and not the Charge 2 tracker. The PIN is received on the tracker and inputting it into the Fitbit app works (inputting wrong PIN gives an error), but it fails to complete pairing.

Best Answer

This isn't good. We'll see what Fitbit says. Mine synced briefly at some point today.

Best Answer
0 Votes

To add my version is 3.32

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge 2 has suddenly stopped syncing as well. The phone app says the battery is empty (it isn't). I deleted and reloaded the app to my Android phone and also did a restart on the Charge 2. Has fitbit stopped supporting the Charge 2?

Best Answer
0 Votes
It feels like they no longer support it
Best Answer
0 Votes

Similar situation overhere. My charge 2 won't sync with my iPhone since yesterday. Bluetooth says it's connected, but the fitbit app says "searching....". Never had such an issue before ☹️

Best Answer

My version: fitbit charge 2, 22.58.0

Best Answer

I have same issue. Charge 2 updated to 22.58.00 and Google pixel 3a updated to os11. I've tried so many things tonight to no avail. Nothing in Bluetooth, charge 2 at at 86 %. I'm not on Twitter and that appears to be only way to contact support. Never used to be an issue. What gives? Very frustrated. 

Best Answer

My android phone updated this morning and then after two tries about 10 minutes later I was finally able able to sync. So I guess android had to catch up with Fitbit update?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Meanwhile my issue has been resolved. The trick: remove the device from the app, and reinstall it. That did it for me. While reinstalling the bluetooth connection was established and synced successful. No data lost.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I tried reinstalling but no luck
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here.  I can get the code to my fitbit to pair it but then it fails.  I tried uninstalling, updating, draining battery and charging, turning off bluetooth to everything in the house, I removed it from the app and now it's dead in the water and won't connect at all. It has not been connected for weeks. I also have a google Pixel 3XL. I think they stopped supporting it but won't outright say it. I've been waiting for fitbit support for 3 hours now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I don't think I'll ever buy another Fitbit after this experience!
Best Answer
0 Votes

This has been just one of many issues I've had with this tracker and an android phone over the years but especially since they've come out with several new trackers. They've told me many different times that "this is a known issue with android phones". The fitbit works fine so it's very frustrating. I don't want to get a new one if I'll have the same android problems all the time. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same. Mine stopped syncing to iPhone 10x. Never happened before...

Best Answer
0 Votes