Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Charge 2 won't sync

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fitbit charge 2 has stopped syncing with the app on my Sony Xperia x. The fitbit is still working as usual and recording steps etc however any time I try to sync it nothing happens. I have tried uninstalling and then re-installing the app and setting the fitbit up as a new device but it still won't sync. It is still being recognised on Bluetooth and it says it has found my device but then nothing happens. Any help on how to fix this would be much appreciated.

Best Answer
84 REPLIES 84

My fitbit hasn't synced for 3 days.

Best Answer

Am having exact same problem. Only purchased 3 days ago. Not happy. 

Best Answer

My Charge 2 will not sync either for 2 days.  I have apple phone and computer,  Will not sync on either

devise.

Best Answer

Same thing here. Charge 2 will not sync to my iPhone. I go to Bluetooth and it will not pair. 

Best Answer

My hasn’t since Feb. 8. Bluetooth on iPad does not turn off to do what is suggested.

Best Answer

Hi everyone! If your tracker isn't syncing then please check that your phone is a compatible mobile device. After this go to the bluetooth settings area on the phone and remove all devices listed there then restart your phone. You can restart your tracker by doing the following:

Plug the charging cable to your computer or UL certified wall adapter.
Align the contacts of the tracker with the charging cable and plug it in making sure it snaps securely.
Your tracker should start charging.
Press the button for 10 to 12 seconds.
You should see your tracker's firmware version and you can now unplug your tracker.

If you are using an Android device make sure bluetooth and Locations Services (GPS) are on. Try syncing or setting up using wifi and if this doesn't work disable it and only use mobile data.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
I have an iPad air2 that I bought specifically for the Fitbit. Had no problems until Feb. 8. Nothing since.
Help.
Shirley

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Charge2 synched until the band came apart and the company sent a replacement. the replacement refuses to sync, despite every suggestion in the discussions and company pages. i am telling anyone who wants to know to find alternatives to this product.

Best Answer

Welcome on board guys @msedano @Lamplady! I'm sorry to hear about the syncing issues you've been experience. Thanks for the steps you've tried to sort this out, nice way to go! 

Well my friend @Lamplady, I'm wondering if by any chance you're getting any error message on the iPad Air 2 whenever you try syncing? Keep in mind that syncing difficulty is usually caused by a missing requirement. Verify each requirement before moving on to the troubleshooting steps.

If your device still won't sync, try these steps:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Open the Fitbit app.
  4. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart your iPhone or iPad. 
  5. Open the Fitbit app.
  6. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart it

On the other hand @msedano, while reading that you got a new tracker after the old one quit working, I was wondering if you removed the old tracker from the phone or computer/mac's Bluetooth settings?

If not yet, please go to the Bluetooth settings on your device and remove the tracker from there.

Once you've made sure about that, go back to the Fitbit app, go to the "Account" option in the upper right corner and select "Set up a Device". This should start the setup process for your device. Smiley Very Happy

If you can't get started with your Fitbit device, usually a missing requirement is the cause. Carefully review the requirements in this article to set up your new tracker. 

Give this a go guys and let me know the outcome! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Fitbit tracking ok. Seems to have trouble when battery low. Not sure how I
fixed it. 😊 😊
Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow... the exact same thing happened to me. When I asked for support they told me it was past the warranty... not impressed 😒

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @MegLaw29, thanks for jumping in here! While reading your post I was wondering if you are still unable to set up your tracker?

If you did receive a replacement and your tracker is unable to set up, I'd recommend leaving your tracker charging around 1-2 hours. Once the tracker if fully charged, go for the set up process. If the issue persists, please check the article: Why can't I set up my Fitbit device?

Additionally to this, I'd like to add that the warranty in most of the regions is only for 365 days. (In Europe due to the law, is extended for 2 years). This means that your tracker will be covered for a full year and during this period of time you can receive any replacement in case of a defect. But this warranty does not apply to that new tracker extending the time. The period of warranty would be only applicable on your original purchase until the 365 days have expired.

Also, if you received a replacement within the warranty (365 days) it does not mean it won't be valid after this. So, if your tracker fails again and your tracker is still between the time of the original warranty, you might be eligible for a replacement based on the resolution of our Support Team, this applies until the stipulated time of the warranty had expired.

If there's something else you'd like me to assist you with, let me know. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Welcome to the group!!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @MarreFitbit

Thanks for taking the time to respond. 

I am still unable to respond. I have read your article and tried those things but it still isn't working. My iphone is recognizing the Charge 2 but beside there is an icon with a red battery with a line through it and green lines on top of it (but I have charged the battery for hours...). When I try to update it, it gives me the message "make sure your charge 2 is charged and close to your phone. If this error persists, try restarting Bluetooth on your phone." 

I am at a complete loss and I am feeling very defeated. I have already spent hours on the phone and online trying to solve this. I am very disappointed as this is a brand new device that is not working. 

Best Answer

The solution given fixed my problem with syncing, thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit has stopped syncing & this is my new phone.  It stopped on my previous Moto g3 after 4 months,  even during that time I had to uninstall & reinstall on a number of occasions. Recent I've had a new Huawei P8 Lite for 2 weeks & it refused to sync after 1 week working,  then worked up until yesterday.  So frustrating,  looking at all the complaints on here it's sounds like a manufacturing defect.  Only had the tracker for six months & its never worked consistently in that short time 

😬😟

Best Answer
0 Votes

It worked like a charm! 🎉

Best Answer
0 Votes

It hasn't synced since 2-14.  I've tried all the current suggestions.  Have they worked for anyone else?  Is there something else you can suggest? 

Best Answer

This "compatible mobile device" is a sham!  Why would a device be working perfectly well for many months, and then stop working? Too much playing around with the software is my guess. Instead of making it better, it seems to be making things much worse for many of us. If it keeps up, although I love the functions on the fit bit, it will probably be necessary to switch to something else! Anyone have any suggestions?

Best Answer