Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Charge 2 won't sync

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fitbit charge 2 has stopped syncing with the app on my Sony Xperia x. The fitbit is still working as usual and recording steps etc however any time I try to sync it nothing happens. I have tried uninstalling and then re-installing the app and setting the fitbit up as a new device but it still won't sync. It is still being recognised on Bluetooth and it says it has found my device but then nothing happens. Any help on how to fix this would be much appreciated.

Best Answer
84 REPLIES 84

Correction I meant to say the charge to version is not even an option under add device in the Fitbit app.

Mine's not working too so I removes a device and tried to re-add it now I can't. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit is also not syncing anymore, not in the app, not online. Last time was January 1st. Looks like it's a trick from Fitbit to let you buy a new one.

To my opnion, this is scamming. For me reason enough to never buy a Fitbit ever again!

Best Answer

I did all these steps. Worked for a few days and now won’t synch again. So frustrating because I never had any problems so something had to change on your end...not mine. What’s the solution? Shouldn’t have to reset once a week. Really frustrated and disappointed. 

Best Answer

My fitbit charge 2 occasionally needed to have the app force stop, bt off/on, app open, sync, to sync.  Since after Tuesday Sept 29, it won't sync after this process, and all other suggestions on this thread.  I don't see a new firmware update.  Any new suggestions?

Best Answer

I find with almost all Bluetooth devices it takes a few goes to sync. Try 3 or 4 times, it seems to work for me! 🙂

Best Answer

But WHY does this happen ever few days!!!!!!!   

It is ridiculous to have to keep doing this every few days

Cant your company fix it with an update?????

I have called the help line, i have done what it says and yes they work but it takes me a good 20 mins each and every time  to take it off and put it back on and this is not what i bought into...

i can see having to do it maybe a couple of times a year but every week is WAY TOO INCONVIENT.

I HAVE A BRAND NEW APPLE PHONE AND A CHARGE 2 AND THEY USE TO BE WORKING BUT NOW IT IS EXASPERATING

If i have to buy a new one it certainly wont be a fitbit if this istheir way of forcing us to upgrade to newer styles.....

Best Answer
0 Votes

nd why havent they fixed it is my question   they know about it... 

are they trying to force us to upgrade????  not happening here.... will switch companies first

Best Answer
0 Votes

i wont buy another fitbit. their customer servie is only for the moment . they dont actually go in and figure out how to fix the problem and give us an update.  they are only giving us a bandaid.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here. Stopped syncing 30 Sept after 3 years with no problem. Have wasted an hour trying every suggested fix with no result. Why are perfectly working products ruined by so called improvement software upgrades. Been so pleased with Fitbit to date but not if I'm forced to buy anew one whenmi e wasn't Broken. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MishnDangerous:  Already tried a lot more than 3-4 times.  Like at least 20 times.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for your reply. The answer the Fitbit representative gave me helped. At this remove, I can't remember what it was. As her directly.

lynne-marie

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Update 10/15/2020 -- Finally got my charge 2 to sync to my fitbit phone app.  Here's what I did (long story):

1.  Deleted BT link of ch2 and my phone (Pixel 3xl).  Deleted ch2 from the phone fitbit app.

2.  Tried to reconnect BT link ch2 to phone.  Phone can see ch2 but won't connect.  Tried at least 7 times.

3.  Used my tablet Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, downloaded fitbit app, logged in, connected BT ch2 to tablet, add device in the app (this took at least 7 tries before it connected), tried to sync but wouldn't sync.

4.  Went back to my phone and tried to connect BT, ch2 to phone, at least 7 times, never showed that it connected.

5.  Tried to add ch2 device in phone fitbit app.  App would find the ch2, ch2 displays 4 digit code, enter 4 digit code in app, then it would just churn and not connect.  After repeating this at least 7 times, it finally connected.

6.  Tried to reconnect BT link ch2 to phone but won't show as connected.  Did this many times but no go.

7.  Tried to sync ch2 to phone around 5 times but wouldn't sync.  Tried to sync ch2 to tablet but wouldn't sync.  Waited about 1 hour.  Tried on phone to sync and finally synced to phone app.

8.  12 hours later, ch2 to phone was able to sync on command.

I'm sure not all of this was necessary but that's what I did and it seems to work.  Good luck all.

Glenn

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fit bit 2 will not sync now for 10 days ... reset the app but nothing ... I have a samsung phone 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is a problem in my view with release 3.32.1.  I have had my Charge 2 for 2.5 years and my I=-Phone and the inaibility to sync has just started.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Pj196:  What does resetting the app mean?  Try force stop the app, turn phone bluetooth off, then on, then open the app?  This usually works.  Same to DEM_NZ_57.

Best Answer
0 Votes
So many of us are having the same issues. They don’t seem to care enough to
come up with a fix. I’m thinking they just are trying to force us to
upgrade.... which if I did would not be with fit bit
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hiya,

Well this discussion thread has been going on for a long while and its evident that so many of us are having issues with syncing. In the end, I had to change my phone and was pleased to receive a second hand phone from a member of my family due to an upgrade and this has eventually worked, it takes quite a while to syc but it does do it. My current phone is a Huawei P10 Plus. I think its probably the only way to solve it, is to make sure that you check the compatibility of your phone with the fitbit team before you purchase. Hope this helps 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

So upset..same thing happened to me. I tried hooking fitbit to an old phone, that worked for a while. BUT fitbit mobile track ( where fitbit uses your phone as a pedometer) overwrote all of that data! I lost at least a week of >10,000 step days and therefore lost financial reimbursement from my health insurance. And now my data is all skewed. This is awful.

Best Answer
0 Votes
mine is a brand new iphone so that shouldnot be the issue,.. it was
happening both before and after with old iphone and now new one as
well....WHY CANT THEY FIX THIS?????
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello! We had the same problem. Did the restart three times. Removed the charge 2 from the Bluetooth and connected it again with no success. Finally checked the App Store and there was an update to the App. Did the update and finally got it working. The app should have been in the updates pending like all other apps but it was not. 

Best Answer