Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black screen

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

My battery ran out and I charged my Fitbit but the screen is black now. I’ve checked in the app and the battery is at 100% and it’s clocking up steps but there is just nothing showing on the face of the device. I’ve looked at threads on here and it says to try changing the clock face in the app. Done that - doesn’t work. It also says to put the device on charge then hold in the button to restart it. I’ve done that and that doesn’t work either. Any other ideas or will I have to buy a new one? My device is 2 years old but I thought it would last longer than 2 years. Thanks 

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
46 REPLIES 46

Hello @LucyJ666, welcome to the Community Forums!

I appreciate the details that were shared in your post, thanks for troubleshooting this inconvenience prior to posting too. To better assist you with this, can you please let me know if the heart rate sensors are flashing or is your device completely unresponsive? If you haven't already done so, I recommend you to check our help article: Why isn't my battery charging on my Fitbit device? and let me know how it goes. 

Let me know if you have any additional questions, I'll be here.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi the green lights work at the back and the app confirms Fitbit is fully charged the screen is just black. Thanks

Sent from myMail for iOS
Best Answer

Your reply is appreciated @LucyJ666, sorry for the delay in responding your post.

The information that was shared in your post is appreciated. Let me share with you that our Customer Support team was contacted on your behalf to further assist you with this situation. That said, please keep an eye to your email inbox because they'll be in touch with you pretty soon. 

In the meantime they contact you, let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Lucy,

What was the resolution?  I am having the exact same problem...

Best Answer

Welcome aboard @Mshaw19.

If you're experiencing the same situation with your Charge 2, please take in consideration the information that was shared on my previous post and let me know how it goes. 

I'll be around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I followed all prior instructions and no changes, screen is still black. It buzzes if I hold down the side button but screen remains black. It still tracks my steps on my phone and buzzes when all steps are taken. I have charged, removed and readded from app. Changed the screen and left to charge.

Best Answer

Per app, fitbit is fully charged.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Your update is appreciated @Mshaw19.

Thanks for troubleshooting this situation prior to posting. Our Support team was contacted on your behalf too, please keep an eye to your email inbox because they'll be contacting you pretty soon.

Don't hesitate to contact me back if you need anything else in the meantime.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi the same problem is happening my charge 2.  Can you please let me know how you got the issue resolved 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I bought a second hand one online as I couldn’t get mine fixed sorry.

Sent from myMail for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Lucy

I just got an email from them to say they are replacing free of charge . You should try them & see

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Ah thanks - mine was out of warranty so I couldn’t get anything.

Sent from myMail for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes
I purchased mine last august not sure when or long the warranty lasts for but maybe worth a shot

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome aboard @Roh84, sorry for the delay in responding. Thanks for your update @LucyJ666, it's nice to see you again participating.

@Roh84 I'm happy to know that after contacting our Customer Support team they provided you with a replacement device to get you back on track based on our warranty policies. Please do not hesitate to contact me back if you require further assistance or if you need anything else, I'll be around. Same for you @LucyJ666, even though your device was out of warranty, I'm happy to know that you purchased another Fitbit device.

I'll be around.   

Best Answer
0 Votes

My screen has been black for a month, I tried investigating many sites, not one could give me a solution, not even Fitbit site, so frustrating 😡😡

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same problem black screen

Moderator edit: Format 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I contacted Fitbit & after a few steps which they told me to try I had no success so they offered me a replacement. Worth a try contacting them

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hi, this morning my Charge 2 did not switch on so I thought battery was flat, i put it oncharged for about 2 hours. But the screen remained black so I charged it some more.  4 hours later I put it on and worked for 2 minutes and screen went black again.  App shows fully charged. Please can you give me some advise? TIA

Best Answer
0 Votes

my fitbit has a black screen  now as well. Still updating to the app on my phone. But di not like the black screen. 

Moderator edit: Format 

Best Answer
0 Votes