Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black screen

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

My battery ran out and I charged my Fitbit but the screen is black now. I’ve checked in the app and the battery is at 100% and it’s clocking up steps but there is just nothing showing on the face of the device. I’ve looked at threads on here and it says to try changing the clock face in the app. Done that - doesn’t work. It also says to put the device on charge then hold in the button to restart it. I’ve done that and that doesn’t work either. Any other ideas or will I have to buy a new one? My device is 2 years old but I thought it would last longer than 2 years. Thanks 

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
46 REPLIES 46

Hello guys, I'm happy to continue providing assistance with your Charge 2 devices, my sincere apologies for the delay in responding your posts.

@cornerbrook Thanks for bringing this to my attention, I understand your frustration with this. So we can move forward with this situation, can you please let me know if the information that was shared on my previous post was took into consideration? Please keep me posted. Same for you @L1saR4m and @Firemamma

@Roh84 I'm really happy to know that you're back on track with a replacement device after contacting our Customer Support team. Please do not hesitate to contact me back if you require further assistance or have any additional questions for me to answer.

I'll be around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having this problem with my Fitbit charge 2 and have not been able to use for a month. I have tried charging it, restarting it, updated the software, changed the clock face. It syncs, and steps/pulse works but screen remains black.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @RicardoFitbit 

Thank you for responding. I have looked at the previous post and followed instructions.  My battery does charge and shows it is fully charged (even on app) - however the screen is black.  No greens lights.  The device is not even switching on or off.   TIA

Best Answer
0 Votes

My screen has been frozen since 9:03 on 10/17.  Still tracks the steps and charges and updates to the app.  What can be done to fix the frozen screen.     Is there an option outside of replacing the device?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue with the black screen. Placed my Charge 2 on the charger and when I took it off the charger, it shows a full battery. However, after about five minutes, the screen turned black. I have an Alta HR that I've been using and the Charge 2 will keep up with the number of steps when I place it on the charger. I've reviewed a lot of the threads and have done all of the suggestion but I still get a black screen when it's taken off the charger. In addition, the green lights on the back are not working. HELP!!! I really rely on my Fitbit and love the features of the Charge 2 over the Alta HR that I'm currently using. My device is 1-1/2 years old and for the cost should last longer than that. My Alta HR is older than that and is still going strong! Any advice is greatly appreciated!!   

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello! It's a pleasure to continue providing assistance with your Charge 2 devices, my apologies for the delay in responding your posts.

@Joan11 @Cali_Ala_Girl Thanks for troubleshooting this prior to posting and bringing your difficulties to my attention. I was informed by our Customer Support team that assistance was provided about this inconvenience. That being said, please contact them back if you have any additional questions or if further assistance is required.

@L1saR4m @Rspivey I appreciate your confirmation and troubleshooting this. Let me share with you that our Customer Support team was contacted on your behalf to provide you with further assistance regarding the difficulties you're currently experiencing. That said, please keep an eye to your email inbox because they'll be in touch with you pretty soon.

Don't hesitate to contact me back if further assistance is required. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same situation. I did all that you recommended but still black screen. What to do next?

Best Answer
0 Votes

So many people reporting the same problem and there is no way to fix it, hence fitbit replacing so many that are still in warranty. Sadly this has also happened to me and my fitbit is just out of warranty. I am an electronic engineer and have tried everything to resolve this problem. The only way I can resolve this problem now is to put the fitbit in the rubbish bin and i will no longer be experiencing this problem. My advice to others is to buy a different make next time! I am so disappointed with fitbit. Very poor product.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have also experienced the same issue with my fitbit Charge 2. I also attempted to charge it and reset it to no avail. The green lights still work, but the screen is completely black. It says it is tracking things on my app, but I cannot get the screen to work at all. Immediately prior to this happening, it was having difficulty accurately tracking my heart rate. It was recording it nearly 70 beats per minute below what it actually was. I noticed this error and then the screen froze and went black. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You can have it replaced if under warranty.  Mine was not but they did offer me a discount to replace it.  Discount amount depends on which model you want.

Best Answer

Hello! I'm happy to continue assisting with the difficulties experienced with the display of your Charge 2 devices.

@F1tB1t_ Thanks for the input that was shared in your post and for sharing your personal experience with the Charge 2 device, your effort and patience troubleshooting this are appreciated. I'd like to let you know that our Support team was contacted on your behalf to receive further assistance with them. Please check your email for their contact. Same for you @frankiemn and @Pipay. Please check spam and junk folders too. 

@Joan11 I'm happy to know that our Customer Support team provided you assistance with this situation. Please do not hesitate to contact me back if you require further assistance or anything else, I'll be around ready to help you out.

It's always a pleasure to assist, please don't hesitate to contact me back.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, my charge 2 is doing the same since the upgrade, pls advise

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi!
Fitbit community responded to my concern and they are going to replace my fitbit since it is still under warranty

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Call support to see if you are still under warranty.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for all the feedback and advice. My replacement is on route. Very happy and impressed with service received. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have this same issues just started today.  My fitbit is not even a month old and I have loved it, but I need to know what to do next so it will work again.  It is charged, the green lights blink when I take it off, and my app shows it is fully charged.  I have deleted and reloaded the app.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue--green lights flashing, I can hear it buzz when I plug it in and/or a message comes in; I've cleaned the terminals and plugged it into my computer and held the button down; the app says 100% charged and it syncs. Still a black screen.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve had the same problem and cannot see any helpful instructions from the previous posts. Mine went blank about a year ago, and I desperately need it to work again. I have not used it since, but updated and synced to my phone again today. It’s well over 2 years old, so I’m assuming not under warranty. Please help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, mine seems to be working—like others who have posted, the app is registering activity and it says it is fully charged. It’s just the screen went black while it was charging the other day…so frustrating.

I don’t understand why these can’t be designed to have an easier battery replacement than the soldering and stuff that the video shows. You would think...

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same black screen. Charged it. Restarted three times. Green lights on back are on. Will update on my phone, but there is no display whatsoever. It sounds like I am not the only one having this issue. Have you figured out a way to fix it yet?

Best Answer
0 Votes