Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Charge 2 won't sync

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fitbit charge 2 has stopped syncing with the app on my Sony Xperia x. The fitbit is still working as usual and recording steps etc however any time I try to sync it nothing happens. I have tried uninstalling and then re-installing the app and setting the fitbit up as a new device but it still won't sync. It is still being recognised on Bluetooth and it says it has found my device but then nothing happens. Any help on how to fix this would be much appreciated.

Best Answer
84 REPLIES 84

Let you know how it goes? The answer is TERRIBLE! Nothing I do will let my phone sync with the watch. This compatible device is a sham! Why would a phone with all the latest software, that has been working for many months, suddenly stop working. Nothing has changed on the phone, no software updates etc. Can only assume it's on the fitbit watch software side. Please quit playing with the software or let someone get old software for their watch, Ready to throw the watch away and get something that works consistently. Anyone have any suggestions?   

Best Answer

Everything was going good till 1 St March Than the device stopped syncing. Than updated the app thought it will work but still did not work. 

Than yours the device uninstalled the app n installed again than tried to pair the device with mobile working fine till the app is showing that found the device but at the final stage getting error.

Tried all the best possibilities to pair it but in vain. 

Kindly help out. 

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

I gave up in the end as I was advised that my current phone, Huawei P8 Lite is not compatible with my tracker. Although they say that they're working on it & it could become compatible in the future 🤔 My daughter kindly suggested that I sync with her phone Moto g5, which allows me to keep track occassionally, although not ideal. I'm very disappointed with this product. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried your suggestion multiple times and my fitbit is still not syncing to my device

Best Answer

My fitbit charge 2 has stopped syncing with the app on my iPhone. The fitbit is still working as usual and recording steps, heart rat, etc however any time I try to sync it nothing happens. So I was figuring out what happened I noticed the Bluetooth would not connect while only at home. Then I discovered the my home IP address was blocked and receiving an error message!!  Why did this happen? So I now have to turn off my WiFi to let my Fitbit sync celll data.  This is really not good. What’s going on with blocking IP addresses it has worked for well over a year just fine until yesterday. 

Best Answer

My fitbit has stopped syncing on a number of occasions but each time I have been able to fix it by doing the following... 

In my Bluetooth settings, forget the current link to the fitbit

Go into the fitbit app and set up a new device (if you try this without removing the Bluetooth link first it won't work)

This will set up a new Bluetooth pairing and it should hopefully re-establish the sync

Admittedly this is a bit of a pain and there is no reason as to why it happens but doing this this has worked for me and the sync works fine afterwards (until the next time).

Good luck!!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit has stopped syncing on a number of occasions but each time I have been able to fix it by doing the following... 

Go into the fitbit app and set up a new device (if you try this without removing the Bluetooth link first it won't work)

This will set up a new Bluetooth pairing and it should hopefully re-establish the sync

Admittedly this is a bit of a pain and there is no reason as to why it happens but doing this this has worked for me and the sync works fine afterwards (until the next time).

Good luck!!! 

Good luck!!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is the same and have tried everything suggested 

Best Answer

Thank you for your feedback everyone.

@Stu75 thank you very much for sharing what you did to sync your tracker with your phone. I am sure other members will find it helpful.

@Steller13  @Damitchjr welcome.

@Steller13 @Katecrayford92  Since the suggestions didn't work I have created a ticket so Support can further assist you. You will get an email.

@Damitchjr Have you received an specific message that your ip is blocked? Can you access fiibit.com from your computer? It could be that you will need to troubleshoot your computer or that the signal is interfering. You can check these instructions to help solve the problem.

@Supreet please try the suggestions in my previous posts.

@SunsetRunner your phone is not compatible due to bluetooth implementation. Please check this article for more information.

I'll be around.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have read this thread and tried all methods to get my Charge 2 (re)synced. What else can I do?

Best Answer

No not working 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree with every word you wrote.  Its aggravating. I had just told a few people how great these are but this past week has been the worst  I have never had any problems in all the years I have used these.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge 2 won’t sync with my iPad or iphone

Best Answer

I also am having absolutely no luck connecting my Charge 2 to my phone. It just refuses to sync or connect at all. It's the first time connecting to a new phone, and it just keeps saying, "Sorry, the setup is taking longer than usual. Please be patient. We're on it!".... it will stay like this for hours. I've tried everything. I don't understand why it won't connect.

Best Answer

Same here. Updated app and haven't been able to sync for a week. Just spent an hour trying all the normal stuff: restart Fitbit and phone; reinstall app with clear of storage; enable all permissions on app; unpair device and re-pair it. Now I'm stuck at the enter pin stage where the fit bit is prompted to give a pin which I enter and the app just continuously displays : "Sorry, the setup is taking longer than usual. Please be patient. We're on it."

Can't waste anymore time on it so just going to wait for another update. Unless anyone from Fitbit wants to contact me directly. 

App version: 2.95

Best Answer

Same issue. It will work fine with iPad, but not iPhone. Support suggested junking my device. 

Best Answer
I had an older one and am using it my newer one won't synk
Best Answer
0 Votes

Had another stab at this today.

Sniffed the Bluetooth traffic from my Charge 2 and saw that it was sending a lot of data - probably because it had not been synced for quite a while. My guess is that this borked the pair and install on my phone using the Android app so I grabbed my wife's PC to install the Microsoft Store app on that - Added the Charge 2 using the laptop and it took a while but eventually it managed to pair and now my Charge 2 is associated with my fitbit account again and Android syncs are now working again.

It seems to daft to me that the only way of hardware resetting the charge 2 is via an app which presumes that you have it connected. If it won't connect you can't reset it and if you need to reset to make it connect you are in a bit of a hole.

PLEASE Fitbit - always have a hard factory reset on any of your devices to completely reset it.

Best Answer
Fitbit need to increase the number of devices for Fitbit users to access. In this day & age, the technology available, they're letting their customers down as this problem is on the increase, I feel is poor customer service. My phone still isn't compatible, although it had been for 2 weeks or so at the initial installation! 
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
They told me to throw mine away and get a new one after just one year

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes