Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to setup replacement device

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My tracker has been replaced under guarantee and I cannot get past the set up screen when I tried to connect new one to my account. Won't do the update and just has set up screen on tracker. In my account, if I sync it appears to show my steps but nothing else. There are no flashlight green lights showing on the back of the tracker.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
15 REPLIES 15

Hello @JackieinUK thanks for bringing this to my attention, let me give you a warm welcome to our Community Forums and a hand with your difficulties. 

Seems odd that you're experienced difficulties with the setup process of your replacement Charge 2. If you haven't already done so, please check our help article: Why can't I set up my Fitbit device? and let me know how it goes. Such article includes a restart process, which should resolve the heart rate green lights that are not currently flashing.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for your help. I think the replacement tracker was faulty and has now gone back to the shop. They let me have my original one back and just replaced the strap, which was all I needed but they had insisted on replacing the whole thing at first. I was able to reconnect this original one back to my account at the first attempt and all seems well with it...
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the exact same problem - Fitbit replaced my Charge2 tracker as my original one suddenly stopped syncing and then would not pair again after I unpaired it to see if that solved the problem.  Long story short, replacement has arrived today and I'm having the same problem as Jackie.  I started the setup, got the 4 digit number to pair and then it said an update needed downloaded.  The update will not work and the tracker will not work without the update.  Please help as I'm losing the will to live!

Best Answer
0 Votes
That's exactly the same issue as I had with my replacement Change 2- it seems that there is a problem with the update...
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello guys, I'm here to continue providing assistance with your difficulties, my apologies for the delay in responding your posts. Welcome aboard @Bairnschick and thanks for your reply @JackieinUK.

@JackieinUK I'm happy to know that your concern was resolved with the retailer where you bought your original Charge 2. Please do not hesitate to contact me back if you require further assistance with your Fitbit, I'll be here.

@Bairnschick Thanks for sharing your experience with me, certainly this is not a common situation. Can you please let me know if you tried the troubleshooting steps that were provided on my previous post? Also, which mobile device you're currently using to setup your replacement Charge 2? I'll be looking to your reply.

Keep me posted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there

I just received my replacement today directly from FITBIT, same issue, taking ages trying to update then fails.

Should I contact customer service for another replacement?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Probably. I never did get my replacement tracker to set up properly. The shop where I bought the original one and who had provided a replacement gave me my original one back with a replacement strap, as the broken strap was the only reason it was being replaced under the guarantee. There is obviously a widespread problem with these replacements...
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having exactly the same trouble with my replacement I’ve received from Fitbit today, it will not pair up. I have had to reinstate my old one.

Best Answer

just make sure that you have followed all the steps in the trouble shooting before contacting customer services,  I performed all the steps, still couldnt get it to work,  contacted customer services and they have raised a case for it.  

Best Answer
We did everything - I was lucky in that the shop I purchased it from and who had replaced it under the guarantee were very helpful, took it back, gave me the original one back (only the strap was faulty) with a new strap and they are now dealing with it. Hope it all gets worked out satisfactorily for you.
Best Answer

Thanks for the advice, tried all the troubleshooting steps but nothing worked so rang customer service who were really helpful. They talked me through all I’d tried myself and agreed it was faulty so are sending another replacement.

Best Answer
0 Votes
So pleased they have helped you - hope the new one works properly 🙂
Best Answer

Hello all, it's a pleasure to continue providing assistance, my apologies for the delay in responding. Welcome aboard @KatieKitten. Thanks for your replies and updates @barbygal @JackieinUK

I appreciate all the information that was shared in your posts, the patience and effort with this situation are appreciated. Follow these instructions if you already have a Fitbit account and want to replace your existing Fitbit device with a new one, or if you use more than one device connected to the same account. If you’re replacing one device with another of the same model, you’ll be asked to confirm the replacement. For instructions on how to remove a Fitbit device from your account, see How do I remove a Fitbit device from my account?. Also, I recommend to take in consideration the steps from my previous post

If by any chance the issue persist after trying the above steps, please get in touch with our Customer Support team to receive further assistance. 

I'll be around if further assistance is required. Keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

For me emptying cache of app worked and settings.   I found it in settings apps on my phone (for me in memory card location)  Then I followed usual steps of turn off blue tooth restart etc.

Best Answer

I'm having exactly the same problem mentioned here so it can't be that uncommon. My Fitbit froze one day on the Fitbit icon. A replacement was sent. I followed the instructions and got the code. Syncs fine, connects fine but screen frozen on Fitbit icon and welcome screen. Tried again from scratch same result. Rebooted fitbit same screed appears.

Best Answer
0 Votes