Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warranty

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This is my third Fitbit in 1.5 years. Disappointed is an understatement.   I have been told the warranty on these devices are not covered individually. The warranty for any replacement is only covered by the original date of purchase on the first failed Fitbit. This makes no sense. A company should stand behind their product. This third one I currently have that is falling apart is only 7 months old. I have been a strong advocate of Fitbit but the quality of these devices are fair at best. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

The warranty is very clear. You can read it here

https://www.fitbit.com/legal/returns-and-warranty

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

A warranty that covers a product other than the product you receive makes no sense.  Each tracker should carry its own warranty. This is a clear indication that Fitbit does not stand by their products.  These trackers are not made to last, not even 7 months! 

Best Answer

@DEBILANDRIE, where did you get the impression that's how the warranty works? I read the link posted by @WendyB and don't see anything remotely close to what you're saying the warranty terms are.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes

I haven spoken to several Fitbit reps and under remedies it reads:

Any replacement Product will be warranted for the remainder of the original warranty period or thirty (30) days, whichever is longer, or for any additional period of time that may be required by applicable law.

Trust me, I have done my due diligence. The warranty for the replacement is based on the original faulty Fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for explaining, I had misinterpreted your meaning. I've seen that kind of policy before, and I don't really get it. I guess it's to guard against customers who might break their trackers every month or two?

I'm still a little confused. In the first post you state that only the original is covered, and then in this last post the quote says replacements are covered for the original warranty or 30 days, whichever is longer?

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @WavyDavey as with most companies the warranty period starts at the time of purchase and lasts for the duration. For Fitbit that is one year.

As for a unit replaced under warranty this is covered to the end of the one year or for a minimum of 30 days. 

So if the tracker was replaced after 6 months, your covered for the rest of tge 6 months. Now if the tracker was replaced at 11 minths 30 days, your replacement will be warrantied for another 30 days, not just the 2 days that are left.

Best Answer

I agree!  I just finished chatting with a rep.  I don't understand how each Fitbit isn't covered by a year warranty.  My first Fitbit Charge HR the back fell off and it was replaced under warranty; that Fitbit then died and was replaced; so this Fitbit, my third, the strap is breaking off and separating from the display area.   I'm not excessively hard on them and I think they should stand by their product.  Maybe I'm the fool for sticking with Fitbit when I keep having problems but I like their app and how it communicates with other apps I use.  

Maybe I'll have to check out some other brands to see what are more durable.

Best Answer

so do we need to register the product with fitbit or just have a copy of the receipt, for my wife it was QVC for me it was Ebay ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

that goes without saying and applies to most everything you purchase these days.

Best Answer
0 Votes

EBay is an unauthorized seller in that there is no one store but everybody handles their own.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep, it does say exactly that --> " Any replacement Product will be warranted for the remainder of the original warranty period or thirty (30) days, whichever is longer, or for any additional period of time that may be required by applicable law.".  I'm just pleased that they are replacing my tracker. I'm sure it's frustrating to have 3 of the same product in 1.5 years, though.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So a few days ago I got a warranty for a new charge to or a 50% discount on a new fitbit (minus the Ionic and Veras). However I already had the charge two. I won't be needing the discount you offer if it doesn't apply to either of those products. I'd rather by them from Amazon where I get free two day shipping instead of 5 days offered by fitbit. They are more than 50$ cheaper as well on Amazon. If you can beat the the amazon price, and allow me to use my broken charge 2 warranty  for Ionic or Versa I would make it worth your time by purchasing from Fitbit rather than a third party.

Best Answer

I will not buy their products.  Poor service and can't remedy an issue where a Fitbit Charge 2 

replacement would not find my iPhone during setup. A couple of hours later of troubleshooting on my own based on their site suggestions, no luck.  Went through fhe same troubleshooting in a phone call to customer support.  Again no luck. He finally stated that their engineering team were trying to correct a problem with fhe Fitbit App that was causing this problem!! After saying that he requested I return the replacement for yet another one!  Really?! If the problem is their app, why would I return for a replacement that also wouldn't work if the app is not fixed. Six weeks later, I tried setup again in hopes the app had been fixed amd maybe the first replacement would connect to my phone. No such luck. They will not get my business!

Best Answer
0 Votes