Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Won't track exercise

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I worked out this am. I have heart rate, active minutes, etc. but track exercise nothing. Help!
Best Answer
26 REPLIES 26

It's great to see that you've visited the Fitbit Community @Lislagle. To address your issue better I would appreciate if you provide me with more information about the problem you are experiencing.

- Is your exercise not shown in the Recent Exercise tile?

- Was it not tracked as an activity record?

If you haven't done it already, I would recommend performing a restart to your Fitbit Charge HR by doing the following:

1. Plug your charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Insert the other end into the port on the back of your Fitbit Charge or Fitbit Charge HR. Your tracker will begin charging.
  3. Press and hold the button for 10 to 12 seconds until you see the Fitbit icon and a version number (e.g. "V30").
  4. Let go of the button.
  5. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

Additionally, please make sure you have the latest version of the Fitbit app.

Catch you later. Smiley Very Happy

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
This is happening to me as well over last few days everything else tracking OK also being selective in exercise it records ie not recognising trampoline bounce workout although recognising steps. Anyone help
Best Answer

I am having the same issue. My steps, activity minutes and heart rate are being reported correctly, but nothing is showing up in the exercise tab. This problem started last week. I have reset the device and the application on my phone.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Suesuperstar @jass1. Please be aware SmartTrack will record only some of your exercises. If there is an activity it couldn't track you can still manually log it

If your Fitbit Charge HR is not recording an exercise it should please let me know to further investigate.

Looking forward to your new comments. Cat Happy

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit charge Hr has stopped tracking my exercise since April. It will record sleep, steps, intensity etc but won't record the exercise and I really need to keep track of them. I don't know why it's stopped giving me the information. It was working perfectly till then. I have tried the plugging it in and holding till Fitbit model number comes up & making sure have latest update.

neither have changed the outcome. Hope someone can help. Don't want to buy something else I like my Fitbit Charge HR. Hope someone can help.. Thanks in advance 😊

Best Answer

Mine is doing the same thing and I went through all the different steps to fix it...

Best Answer

Hi, I'm also having the same problem as my Fitbit isn't automatically tracking my exercise and this has been the case for the last few weeks.

I have tried all of the alternatives suggested in the feed but still have the same problem and my Fitbit app is up to date. I know I can manually log my exercise but it's just another thing to do and I prefer the automatic log as it 'keeps me honest'. 

I'm on the my third fitbit and am disappointed that this is another issue I am having with the product.

Happy to accept all help as the alternative is to purchase another tracker.

Best Answer

my fit bit wont track my activity help

Best Answer

These fixes are not working.  The Fit Bit is not capturing treadmill, walking, or running on the Exercise days.  In addition, it is not tracking my weight loss progress even though I enter the data manually.  The dashboard seems to be unreliable.  

Best Answer

Hello,

My Fitbit HR has not been tracking my exercise for a week.  Please advise how to reset this.

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello. You said you can always track manually and I have done that 4 times but only 2 of them got saved. The 2 last ones had a blank screen for the map category when I clicked finished and the other category showed only calories. The third category was blank again. I tried to wait but nothing happened.

I think either there's something wrong with the manual one. Or it could be it can't handle me clicking pause and resume for whenever I am not moving and moving again.

How do I fix this? Or is there something you can do about it? 

BKKMPikanotte
Best Answer
0 Votes

I also having problems with my Fitbit charge 2 not recording my exercise. If restarted several times, I've uninstalled and reinstalled app and checked all my settings, but nothing helps. Please if you can tell me something else to try it will be appreciated.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I followed the instructions until I got to press and hold the button. What button?

Best Answer

I have had the same problem.  It never tracks any weight training or the entire hour of HIT.  I did a body combat the other day and it only tracked 15 minutes of it and it never tracks SPIN.  Not very impressed. My husbands Apple tracks his all the time.  I have had a Fitbit since they came out and have always liked the way they work, but the HR has not been very reliable in tracking exercise at all.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit reported that I was outdoor bicycling at a time I was driving down the freeway, twice (I don't own a bicycle)? Also, my fitbit is not recording exercise. For example, I ran over 2 miles today and my fitbit did not record as exercise. Another day, I went on a 2.5 hour hike, 4+ miles,  where the first half was mostly at an inlcine and my fitbit did not record as exercise? Only a few examples of what has been happening. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for this. Did you sort the problem

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

You press the only button on the charger on the left hand side and hold it for like 10 seconds until it vibrates, turns off and then back on. Good luck. This hasn't worked for me.

Best Answer
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Your welcome. It did not fix my issues. Hopefully, it will work for you. Let me know. Have a great day!

Best Answer
0 Votes