Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workout exercise option missing on Charge 3

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just received my charge 3.  The "workout" exercise shortcut is missing.  This is the option I used EVERY DAY on my charge 2.  Please help. 

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
15 REPLIES 15

You'll have to edit the exercise shortcuts. This is how:

1. Open the Fitbit app.
  2. Tap on the icon in the upper right corner to access your account settings.
  3. Tap on Charge 3 in the list of devices.
  4. Scroll down to "Exercise Shortcuts" and tap it.
  5. Click "Edit" in the upper right corner of the screen.
  6. Decide which shortcut you want to delete and tap the red circle next to its name.
  7. Now tap on the "Exercise Shortcut" option at the bottom of the list.
  8. Find "Workout" in the list (it's NOT alphabetical) and tap on it.
  9. If you want to make "Workout" the first exercise shortcut, press and hold the three vertical lines icon to the right of the "Workout" section, and drag the Workout section to the top of the list of shortcuts.
  10. Press "Done" in the upper right corner.
  11. Press "Charge 3" in the upper left corner.
  12. Make sure your phone syncs to your tracker to send it the new shortcut and ordering changes.
  13. Verify the "Workout" shortcut appears in the list of exercise shortcuts on your Charge 3.

Hope that helps!

Best Answer

I also want the workout option, but I can't see the Edit selection to add more exercises like on Charge 2.

Best Answer

Looks like on Android, you have to "swipe left on any shortcut to remove".

Best Answer

Thanks! Got it 👍

Best Answer
0 Votes

Glad to hear it!

If you want, you can accept my answer as the solution, so the moderators will know this question was answered.

Best Answer

I don't have an edit button in top right corner when I go to exersise shortcuts. It tells me select up to 6 activities on your fitbit 3.. non of them is workout or circuit 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Edit option (plus sign) will appear when you remove at least 1 exercise (it's hidden when you already have 6 shortcuts in the app visible). It's kind of poor... would be nice if they had this plus sign greyed out or at least mentioned that you need to remove at least one exercise option to have edit functionality enabled. 

Best Answer

Agreed, not too intuitive

@RiseAndShine wrote:

Edit option (plus sign) will appear when you remove at least 1 exercise (it's hidden when you already have 6 shortcuts in the app visible). It's kind of poor... would be nice if they had this plus sign greyed out or at least mentioned that you need to remove at least one exercise option to have edit functionality enabled. 

or user-friendly

Best Answer
0 Votes

Brilliant thanks!!! I've had this watch for nearly a month and moaned about the lack of activities.  I'm glad I finally searched for the solution

Best Answer
0 Votes
Don’t get too excited- it seems temporary and I’ve had to repeat these steps when it goes missing

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Does this also apply to the CHARGE 4.

I can't see the option.

I use this for strength training and HIIT

I wanna see the option on the watch

But it seems they removed the option for the supposedly "better, newer" Fitbit

I only have 

"Run, bike, swim, treadmill, outdoor workout, and walk"

This makes me kinda want to return it. Cause all of them are a little redundant as they're too similar. They're all cardio and distance related with no interval per se. And I can't figure out how to use Spotify on it either.

And if I have to buy some "PREMIUM" THING for an ALREADY expensive watch that advertised features as automatically accessible without making it apparent that it has to be paired with an additional costly service, thatd be upsetting.

It's my first Fitbit... Someone please help me figure out how to use this to track my activities. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't know how to add a picture. But MINE DOESNT EVEN SAY THAT ON THE BOTTOM

LIKE LITERALLY THE OPTIONS THEY GIVE ME ARE IT. 

IM FRUSTRATED AND ABOUT TO JUST BUY AN EARLIER OPTION.

I CARRY MY PHONE EVERYWHERE..

AND IF I CANT USE SPOTIFY AND CHANGE THE MUSIC while also TRACKING THE EXCERCISE. then all these new features are useless and the ones I like have been taken away. Strength and interval

Best Answer
0 Votes

Kelsey all I can find is Exercise Goals - Auto-Recognize - no way to add or remove Activities. For an unknown reason, BIKE disappeared from my Charge 3 and I got PILATES 4 tmes. Reset dosn't help.

Best Answer

Me too! I had BIKE option the other day (using it first time on my Versa 3)..the next time I want to bike, the BIKE option has gone..like you, Pilates is shown 4-5 times. What the hell is going on???

Best Answer
0 Votes

I followed your helpful tips. Under settings I now have the 6 activities I want. But they do not show in under log previous. If I type them in the exercise is not recognized. Have not had a chance yet to see if they will be auto recognized. 

Best Answer
0 Votes