Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wristband Problem with Fitbit Charge 2

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The last month or so I have had to stop wearing my Fitbit Charge 2, one of the wristbands started to de-attach from the Fitbit. I can re-attach the wristband to the Fitbit but it does not stay on, I am afraid of losing the Fitbit, it has fallen off. What can I do to stop this from happening or get replaced ? I miss wearing the Fitbit, I have had a Fitbit for at least the last 3 years.  Did not have a problem with the wristband coming off with previous Fitbits. It has not even been a year since I purchased this Fitbit, I purchased on 5/21/2018, still have the receipt. Please let me know what can be done, thank you in advance.  Email : rhodydew@comcast.net 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

My Fitbit started doing the same thing tonight. Both ends came off, and putting them back on makes the band too loose. Apparently a LOT of users have been writing about their bands also popping off. 

I tried to to play with the band and tighten it like some users suggested DIY, but doing it yourself doesn’t work.

So at my last resort since I was so upset about my band possibly being broken, I chatted with a FitBit agent tonight and she was very helpful with me, ordered me a free replacement band which will arrive in the mail in 5-7 days.

So here’s my advice:

This is the solution I think you need to go for, chat with support.

Here is what you need (from what I learned in the chat) to send about the band if the agent is willing to send you a replacement in the chat:

-picture of the band that popped off as proof of the damage

-the case number that you need to write on paper that the agent will give in the chat

-your first and last name, address line, city, state, postal code, phone number, and size of the wrist band

Good luck!!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

@Rose1017 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! I hope you're doing well! Sorry to hear that your band is falling off. Try pulling the metal tab to the outside so it better secures the band.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
No, this did not help. I can attach the band but it does not click in like the other side and again just comes off.  I looked at both wristbands and compared them, the side I am having problems with looks like the plastic piece is cracked in two places. Could this be why the wristband is not clicking in ans holding securely ? 

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

No, this did not help. I can attach the band but it does not click in like the other side and again just comes off.  I looked at both wristbands and compared them, the side I am having problems with looks like the plastic piece is cracked in two places. Could this be why the wristband is not clicking in ans holding securely ? 

Best Answer

My Fitbit started doing the same thing tonight. Both ends came off, and putting them back on makes the band too loose. Apparently a LOT of users have been writing about their bands also popping off. 

I tried to to play with the band and tighten it like some users suggested DIY, but doing it yourself doesn’t work.

So at my last resort since I was so upset about my band possibly being broken, I chatted with a FitBit agent tonight and she was very helpful with me, ordered me a free replacement band which will arrive in the mail in 5-7 days.

So here’s my advice:

This is the solution I think you need to go for, chat with support.

Here is what you need (from what I learned in the chat) to send about the band if the agent is willing to send you a replacement in the chat:

-picture of the band that popped off as proof of the damage

-the case number that you need to write on paper that the agent will give in the chat

-your first and last name, address line, city, state, postal code, phone number, and size of the wrist band

Good luck!!

Best Answer

This same thing has happened to my wristband as well. It will not click into place on the Fitbit. I discovered the plastic piece on the band separated from the metal clip portion. The remedy is to buy a new band if it is out of warranty. It is not a good design, for it's happened twice on mine.

Best Answer
Thank you

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer

I completely agree. I’ll stick with my charge 2 for now and see if there’s any problems that arise in the future. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I see that I am not alone with the wristband not staying on. I got my Fitbit three years ago and was only able to enjoy it for less than a year. I stopped wearing it. I feel bad not wearing it because it was a gift from my husband. I saw where one of the agents suggested to pull the metal tab. I will try it and hope this helps 

Best Answer

Hello there,

i will try your suggestion with my Fitbit. As I am experiencing the same problem. 

Best Answer

@MargoF Welcome to the Fitbit Community! I hope you're doing well! Sorry to hear about your band falling off. Did you try the suggestions in this thread? Did it work for you? Do you still need help?

I look forward to your reply!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for asking ! Suggestions did not help.  Replacement bands were needed and Fitbit sent me new ones. No more help needed on this issue.  Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes