Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

escalating notifications

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I tend not to look at the phone app, nor at the Windows app.  I just would like for the Charge 4 to sync automatically and for the information to be logged.  It normally works fine!

But sometimes there is an 'update required' situation for the device and then the data sync ceases to work.  Then (a guess), after many weeks of data accumulation, the update for the device will not work.  If I click on 'install update', it says 'sync is in progress' but the sync had not worked for a long time. I had to reset to factory in order for the update to work, losing much exercise history.  The last time I successfully sync'ed as July 4th.

I have some suggestions.
1. I think that the update should happen automatically. 

2. I do not recall getting any notifications about 'update required'.  (maybe I got one??)  If I got increasingly more persistent notifications I would perform troubleshooting soon after and avoid loss of  much data.  The notifications should start at the device, then after few days to the phone app, then after few days to email.

3. I got some 'you are up to date' notifications on the device when in fact, it was in an 'update required' situation.  Please do not send incorrect 'you are up to date' notifications.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi @Walk_every_day , Nice to see you around. Thank you four your feedback and suggestions regarding the escalating notifications. 

We're constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. The best place to make your voice heard is the Feature Suggestion board on our community (community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Requests/idb-p/features). 

If a similar suggestion has already been made by another member of the community, you can vote for their suggestion and add your comments. 

Thanks for your feedback and for participating in our community!

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes