Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do you add a new fitbit to your existing account? I currently have the

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I currently have the fitbit one but hubbyjust got me the charge 2 but don't know how to add a new device to my existing account. Can this be done. Using my laptop computer not cellphone. Thanks for any help onthis.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@krisangel, you have to be logged into the app. Have you downloaded/installed the app on your phone, and set up an account?  Once you have opened the app and logged into it, select the Account screen, then Set up a Device.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
20 REPLIES 20

Hello @krisangel, this can be done either way, phone app, win 10 app, or Fitbit connect.

Simply do an add device. To add the tracker as a second device, or to replace your current tracker. I suggest to add it as a second device, you can always remive the other tracker later.

Best Answer

Where or how can I add it to my account?

Best Answer

@krisangel, in the Fitbit app Account screen select Set up a Device, and follow the on-screen instructions.

Best Answer

So doI login to my account and then where do I go. I don't see where it says add device. Checked settings etc???

Best Answer

@krisangel, you have to be logged into the app. Have you downloaded/installed the app on your phone, and set up an account?  Once you have opened the app and logged into it, select the Account screen, then Set up a Device.

Best Answer

yes, i alreadt have an acct. I think i finally found it and adding new device as we speak. Thanks so much for your help!!Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don’t have any settings on my dashboard from the app. There’s no place to add a device. 

Best Answer

@bitterdelight what type of device is this app on? Most apps have a settings symbol in the upper right corner. Click this then click add device. 

Best Answer

In the upper right hand corner, there's a square with some lines on it that kind of looks like a business card.  Select that icon, and you should see see 'set up a device'

Best Answer
0 Votes

FYI @tkwise. the technical name for that 3 line square in the top right is called a Hamburger Menu. Representing a top bun, hamburger patty .and bottom bun .

Best Answer

I have just purchased a secondhand Fitbit Versa & I can't get it to set up please help

Best Answer
0 Votes

I sadly also purchased a 2nd hand one, and could never get it to set up. Kept getting error messages, which No one anywhere that I spoke to in Any realm of support or personal experience, could help me with. Lucky I didnt pay much, will be throwing it out, which is a shame.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Nataleec if we knew the error message and what device is used to sync the tracker we might be able to help.

Then again, being a second hand unit, you might have simply bought a unit that was already replaced by Fitbit for bring defective. 

This has been documented by a few already.

Best Answer

I can not sync my new blaze i ,had a account before with the blaze ,I reset my password,but it keeps coming up ,existing email with this account it will not let me continue help thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Gianna13 it sounds like you night be trying to log into your Fitbit account in your Fitbit app. 

If I'm correct, when you first open your app, you will see two buttons. The top one says join and used to create an account. The bottom one says log in, this is the one you want to press since you already have a Fitbit account. Tap the GreenTap the Green

Best Answer
Sent from my iPad I done that 5times,it says account with this email already exist it will not let me reset password
Best Answer
0 Votes

Done what? If you choose log in, you have no need to change your password. 

If you want to change your password you need to enter an email address for an existing account. 

If you press Join Fitbit then you have entered the create a new account. You can not use your existing email. I don't think this is what you want to do. 

Tap log in, now enter your existing email address and password. 

If you don't know the password I suggest first check the saved password list in the browser or your password app. 

If it is not there then choose the I forgot password option found on the login screen. 

You will need to enter the email of an existing account. 

Best Answer
Sent from my iPad I did all that I tried to reset my password twice they keep saying the email is for another account
Best Answer
0 Votes

If you are getting the message account already exists.. You are tapping the wrong button. Please see the screen shot above and tap Log In. 

Now if you do not remember the password, on the next screen will be an option for I forgot password. 

The I forgot password will only work for an existing account. 

The Join Fitbit will not work with an existing email and you should be getting that error message. 

Best Answer