Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMac not finding Charge 2

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Trying to sync my Chage 2 with my iMac. OS 10.11.6, the computer can not find the tracker. I have restarted the Charege 2 and turned iMac's Bluetooth off and back on .

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Got it working, the preogram was finding my old Flex whixch is not connected with my account anymore, took it out to the garage. I notice that there can not be 2 or more bluetooth devices near each other or the Charge 2 will not connect ot any of them.  

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
19 REPLIES 19

Hi @Jackk5,

Out of curiosity, are there any other Bluetooth devices paired to your Mac?

Also, I'd recommend the following steps to help with your Charge 2 syncing to your Mac:

1. Try to force sync your tracker using Fitbit Connect.
2. Turn Bluetooth off and then back on. 

3. Restart your Charge 2.

4. If you sync using a mobile device, make sure that it isn't near your computer and make sure that your mobile device's Bluetooth is turn off.

5. If steps 1-4 don't help with syncing your Charge 2, I'd then recommend reinstalling Fitbit Connect as a last resort. Click here for instructions.

Hope this helps.

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes
The Mac does have the Bluetooth connected to the Mac mouse and keyboard. My iPhone is close, but turned off. I did turn Bluetooth off and on and restart the Charge 2.
How do I force sync using Fitbit Connect?
I reinstalled Fitbit Connect.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jackk5 Sorry, I should have put instructions in my previous post. Robot tongue

If you open Fitbit Connect on your Mac and click the 'Sync Now' button you will force sync your tracker.

Let me know how it goes.

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes
I've done that a couple times, it just can't connect or find the tracker.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Got it working, the preogram was finding my old Flex whixch is not connected with my account anymore, took it out to the garage. I notice that there can not be 2 or more bluetooth devices near each other or the Charge 2 will not connect ot any of them.  

Best Answer

I'm having the exact same problem as Jack.  Tried to install on my Android phone (and was unable to connect to a device but assumed the os was too old, so uninstalled the app).

I then tried installing on my Mac, and when I get to the part where you get to "Synch Now" it tells me my Bluetooth is not setup - I have switched it on and off .... but can't get past that point in the installation 😞  The Mac bluetooth simply won't recognise the device.

This is my first device too 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having this issue

Best Answer
0 Votes

@mo123pa and @katysh, does your Macs have built in Bluetooth? 

Also the last time I saw a screenshot of the Bluetooth needs to be setup, there was a button under the message that said setup Bluetooth.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Screen shot?

Best Answer
0 Votes

yes my mac has built in Bluetooth.

The screen image I see, is en "error message" saying set up your bluetooth first before synching ... but there is no sign of a button on that screen.

I see there is also reference to a dongle that can be used with the pc, but my device didn't come with one.  Does anyone know if a dongle should have been included in the package?

Best Answer
0 Votes

yes, you'll be hapy to hear the company does not include the dongle you need to connect your charge 2 to your computer. luckily they also do NOT tell you this on the package when you purchase the charge 2 so you at least are well prepared. it's also quite inconceivable that a device that costs $150 can not concect with an apple product (aren't the likely users likely the same??) without the purchase of another device to keep track of? what are the people at fit bit thinking? no wonder the stock is tanking

Best Answer

Derrick,

My Charge 2 won't sync to my iMac OS El Capitan version 10.11.6. My bluetooth on my computer syncs to speakers so works fine but it won't sync to the fitbit. I've turned the bluetooth off & on, reinstalled & rebooted but it still won't work and my purchase didn't come with a dongle. Thnks, Andrew

Best Answer

@Andrew5 do you also sync through a phone?

If so you will need to move the phone 30+ feet away or turn its BT off

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit needs Bluetooth version 3.0 or greater. 2.1 will not work.

Best Answer

Thank you for being able to make the real issue clear. Are there older versions of Fitbit Connect which are compatible with 2.1?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The software version or the LMP version.??

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same issue where my iMac could not see the charge 2.  I tried all the suggestions listed in this post.  Contacted Fitbit and they sent out a dongle for free (great customer relations!). After plugging it in, it did a quick update and then synced without any issues.  One note, I made sure my iPhone Bluetooth was off before syncing the Fitbit with the iMac.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is not solved

Best Answer
0 Votes
The iMac will find the Fitbit Charge2 if no other Bluetooth devices are turned on in the vicinity, by vicinity I mean in the house. This was the case fir awhile, but now the app keeps coming back with a message saying it can’t find a dongle, which there never was for the Charge2.
Best Answer