Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

measuring pO2 on CHARGE4

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

having the great experience of momentary-immediate determination of Oxygen saturation on HR (at any time of the day/night, just 1 min of determination!) I naively believed the advertisements and purchased CHARGE4. ALAS! what a disappointment - no such feature! AN ABSOLUTE FLOP!

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

After rereading my post, I thought I might try to clarify; as what I posted could be confusing and taken different ways.

The "oxygen saturation level" that is displayed only seems to be from data that was gathered while sleeping. The way I said it could give the false impression that the graph could only be seen while sleeping. To clarify the data only seems to be from when you're sleeping; but it seems you have to be awake for a while before it processes and sends the synced data to your phone or other synced device. So it seems only after sleeping and the data has been processed and transferred to your phone that you will be able to see the graph on your phone.

I would prefer a more or less real-time readout on the the fitbit device and phone of saturated oxygen level.
And to have quantitive oxygen saturation level data on a graph round-the-clock whether or not I'm awake or asleep. During sleep quantitive oxygen levels might help diagnose things like sleep apnea. Awake quantitive oxygen levels might help give warning of hypoxia from overexertion, asthma, COPD, etc. Unfortunately the data doesn't seem to be saved and displayed to the user with the current model and software. So this product is currently seemingly falling very short of its potential and customer expectations.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

The hardware is there but the software is a nightmare !!

Best Answer

I too found the advertising disappointing and somewhat misleading.

This supposedly being a health and fitness product that supposedly tracks blood oxygen levels; I was hoping that it would keep a log and display of oxygen saturation levels.

I was hoping that there would be a way to overlay oxygen saturation levels and heart beat data in such a way that might give some data and display it in a way that it might be useful to diagnostically hint clues at things like sleep apnea, Afib/arrhythmia, asthma, lung infection, etc.

The only graph I can find relating to oxygen is "oxygen variation" which sounds more like the rate of change rather than the actual oxygen levels. So they oxygen graph seem ambiguous thus largely useless.

I would like FitBit to change the readout so it displays relatively real time quantitive oxygen levels, and so that it keeps a log that can be displayed as a graph that overlays quantitive oxygen levels and heartbeat rates and (states of sleep/awakeness).

The FitBit is somewhat useful; but falls very short of my expectations and hopes. It falls short of the impression that many advertisements and descriptions give.

The device has some medical use; but is overhyped and the device and software is disappointing and falls short of what I suspect it potentially could be. I suspect because of litigative, marketing and bureaucratic reasons it's not being developed to its full potential. Therefore its usefulness as a tool now is very limited; so it's more of a gadget and a toy. Holding back as they are is probably resulting in illnesses and deaths that could be prevented.

I also suspect it might be part of a bait and switch marketing strategy. That they might update the software in the future but might charge extra for it such as "premium" services or paid "upgrades" or upgraded models.

They seem to have fairly good sensors, but it seems the software is not using the sensors nowhere near to the full potential. In my opinion some of the software, graphs and readouts are ambiguous and not very user-friendly or very useful.

Best Answer

I don't see any data. So I am not losing my mind?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Kmcvie "I don't see any data. So I am not losing my mind?"

It doesn't display at the way I would like it to display and it doesn't seem to give the type of oxygen readings I would like. And it only seems to display an oxygen graph while sleeping. It seems to require an update and one or more nights of sleep data before oxygen variations can be found on a graph via the fitment software on synced phone.

I don't see oxygen saturation as I would expect and hope; and what oxygen values are displayed are not where and how I would expect.

For the first few days I couldn't find any oxygen values at all. So it may require a few days of gathering data for it to show,
and I think it also requires the latest update. It only seems to display "oxygen variation" while sleeping.

The only oxygen display I can find is "oxygen variation" which I don't think is the same thing I and most others want is "oxygen saturation" percentage. Unfortunately "oxygen saturation" to the best of my knowledge is not displayed with the model and software I have.

The only oxygen display I can find is "oxygen variation"; which is kind of obfuscated in the "sleep score" on the fitbit software on my phone. I click on one of the bar graphs of my sleep score and then it displays a different sleep score readout, I then scroll down on that display to a bar graph called "Estimated oxygen variation".

It's just an oxygen bar graph seemingly of "oxygen variation" but it's not quantified. It would be more useful if it was quantified and overlaid with other graphs such as heart rate and sleep state.

I would prefer a bar graph that shows "oxygen saturation level" on a quantitive scale and that records whether or not there is a sleep or awake state.

Best Answer

After rereading my post, I thought I might try to clarify; as what I posted could be confusing and taken different ways.

The "oxygen saturation level" that is displayed only seems to be from data that was gathered while sleeping. The way I said it could give the false impression that the graph could only be seen while sleeping. To clarify the data only seems to be from when you're sleeping; but it seems you have to be awake for a while before it processes and sends the synced data to your phone or other synced device. So it seems only after sleeping and the data has been processed and transferred to your phone that you will be able to see the graph on your phone.

I would prefer a more or less real-time readout on the the fitbit device and phone of saturated oxygen level.
And to have quantitive oxygen saturation level data on a graph round-the-clock whether or not I'm awake or asleep. During sleep quantitive oxygen levels might help diagnose things like sleep apnea. Awake quantitive oxygen levels might help give warning of hypoxia from overexertion, asthma, COPD, etc. Unfortunately the data doesn't seem to be saved and displayed to the user with the current model and software. So this product is currently seemingly falling very short of its potential and customer expectations.

Best Answer

Yup, collect your data and sell it... but never give you access to it.  Fantastic business model

Best Answer
0 Votes