Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

treadmill with charge 2

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

just got my charge 2 today. My flex wouldn't count steps on the treadmull or when pushing a grocery cart if it was on my wrist (had to pin it in my bra). Will the charge 2 need to be in my bra or will it count while on my wrist? It's charging now so havent tested it out yet.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

All of the wrist models will not count steps if you are holding on to something. They need to see the arm swinging

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
18 REPLIES 18

All of the wrist models will not count steps if you are holding on to something. They need to see the arm swinging

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Thanks. 

Best Answer

I accept the solution but at my age I'm not letting go while I'm on the treadmill and going at a speed that will register. So, it's circles around the kitchen island to register steps or walking out side.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did the Charge 2 register any of your activity when clipped to your bra?  I'm upgrading from a One but cannot handle the wrist wear more than 5-6 hours a day.  I want the advanced features of Charge (like HR on my wrist during cardio class) but to also be able wear it clipped to me bra...

how small is the actual device without straps?  TIA!

Best Answer
0 Votes

The actual device is about three quarters of an inch wide by one and three quarters .

havent unclipped it from the straps yet because the weather is good and I've been walking outside. My old flex was smaller and easy to pop out of the wrist band so I made a small fabric pouch that I'd pin in my bra and it work on all occasions, walking, treadmill, grocery cart.

i don't wear the charge to bed because it lights up when I move or turn and I really never trusted the sleep record anyway.

Best Answer

@Meaghanmcb why not keep both the Charge 2 and One on your account. That way when not wearing the wrist band, you can use the One. 

Either unit should count steps when attached to the core of the body. 

Ideally on a treadmill it is better to slow down and not use the support. Aside from the problems caused by holding on, you will find your nap lance will be better while on a free run. 

Best Answer

I didn't have a charge 1 I had a flex and was told by support to keep it at least 20 feet away until I could discard it. Supposedly it interferes with the new fit bit. I don't run because I have two knee replacements. I walk at a pretty good pace tho. As far as the arm movements go, why did the flex register steps when I held on as long as it was in my bra?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry nobody mentioned what you had, but wat support told you @gigi653 doesn't make sense, Bluetooth is rated for 30 feet, and I can sync my unit at 50 feet..

As for the tracker? Each one has a different ID and there is no problems with having multiple trackers on a single fitbit account.. Currently I have a Zip, Charge HR, Charge 2, Blaze, and a Surge. 

Where you able to get the Charge 2 to count steps attached to the bra? 

Best Answer

I don't think it's the swinging of the arms, it's the impact felt at the wrist with each step. For instance, I can be holding my Charge 2 looking at the display like I'm checking the time, and watch it count steps accurately while I walk.  Or keep it in my pocket and it does the same. So I could see why it won't count while holding onto the rails of the treadmill, holding a grocery cart, etc, because the arms aren't registering the impact of the step.  I get it though, they're not magic - there has to be a physical way to detect movement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just did the treadmill with the charge 2in my bra and was holding on to the rails. It registered all my steps accurately. 

Best Answer

Yes, just did treadmill with it my bra and it registered every step.

Best Answer

It works in your bra because it can detect any movement, in your bra for walking probably the rhythmic slight up and down with each step.  I can understand having to hold onto the treadmill rails, but if you could possibly just hold onto one rail and wear the device on the swinging arm works.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

Thank you all for your participation on this post! @Meaghanmcb @gigi653 @JohnnyRow @SunsetRunner @Rich_Laue

Interesting fact about the Charge 2 tracking steps while attached to the bra @gigi653 @JohnnyRow thank you for sharing this info!

Rodrigo l Italian & English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Parliamo di calcio Qual è la tua squadra di calcio preferita?

Best Answer

@Rich_LaueExcellent point!  Sadly, my One is eternally retired.  After three wonderful years together, her button became permanently depressed so the display no longer worked.  Despite that, I still wore it faithfully but I think the stuck button is causing issues; my steps and flights are no longer accurate.  😞  But the silver lining is that I was forced to buy a new one which I am super excited about.  I'm going to try really hard to get used to wearing the new Charge 2 on my wrist, but just in case I also made a custom pouch to put the unit in for those days when my wrist needs freedom.  We'll see how this goes! Well, after 12/25 I'll see how it goes! 

Thank you @gigi653 - your input was very helpful and what helped me make the choice!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's a bummer because you have to move ur arms for it to count! Walked 4 miles on treadmill n it only tracked 2.80 miles hard to swing arms continuously when you are inclining.  Heart rare accuracy in question as well!!! May have to return it in Vallejo

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Fitbit detects movement. If you must hold onto a rail which means your arms/wrists are not moving, put the device in your pocket. Worked well with my Fitbit HR

Best Answer

I'm in a similar boat, I am going through physical therapy for some back and leg issues and both my doctor and physical therapist are insistent that I must hold on the rails, no matter how slow I may be going, so i'm glad you posted this, I will put the Charge in my pocket for this activity.  Was really hoping it would register my heart rate and figure out my steps that way.  🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I strap my Fitbit to the laces of my shoe and it counts treadmill steps 😜

Best Answer