Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 not tracking sleep

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge 2 has not tracked my sleep for the past two nights?

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

I'm glad you jumped here @cnewberrySmiley Very Happy  Try doing the following:

• Make sure that your Charge 2 is updated with the new firmware version (see the instructions on @DerrickFitbit's post)
  • Log out of your Fitbit App
  • Force quit the App
  • Restart your Charge 2
  • Turn off the Bluetooth
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes
  • Turn on the Bluetooth
  • Log back into your Fitbit App

Test your tracker tonight to see how it goes. Smiley Very Happy

Lastly, since your tracker didn't record your sleep and you remeber the start and end times for the past two nights, log them by doing the following:

• From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the sleep tile. This is the tile that says "How did you sleep?" 
  • Tap the + icon in the top right corner and tap Add Sleep Log
  • Enter the data on "Sleep Start" and "Sleep End" and then, "Save".

Let me know how it goes! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I am not able to update manually, my firmware is 22.44.12, which makes think it is way out of date.  I did restart my tracker. I believe the issue is it's not detecting my heart rate and it is set to auto. 

It didn't track my 2 hours of excerside today either 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hmmm @cnewberry.... by now it should be available for your tracker. If you are getting trouble when updating it, try these steps:

• First of all, make sure that your Charge 2 is charged (at least it isn't lower of 50%)
  • Restart it by following these steps
  • Try the firmware update again. If it doesn't work, on a different mobile device or computer (if available) log into your Fitbit account and try updating your firmware.

Note that since your tracker gets notifications, before trying the update with a different device or computer you need to quickly and temporarily disable the bond, turn off Bluetooth on your mobile device. You can turn it back on later to resume syncing.

Just keep in mind that a firmware update can take several minutes and is demanding on the battery, so make sure your tracker is charged beforehand. Do not update your tracker at midnight while it resets or you'll see an incorrect step count for 24 hours.

Share me the good news (I'm pretty sure once your tracker is updated all the issues will be gone)! Woman Very Happy

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also was not able to get my FitBit Charge HR 2 to track sleep. I did everything you listed in your post and it still did not work. Never had an issue with the original FitBit Charge HR so I was curious as to whether this was a common issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hmmm... very strange @alkego! If you have tried what I suggested, please do the following:

• Restart your Charge 2 once again.
  • Set it up as a new device by following the steps that @EdsonFitbit posted here.

Make sure to sync every morning to update your stats... speaking on my personal experience, I have to sync twice in a row to see my sleep data since the first time I sync my sleep data doesn't update as the rest of the tiles. 

Give it a try and share me the good news! Woman Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

How too you log out and force quit the app? Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's nice to see you around the forums @JoanneO! In order to log out of your Fitbit app, go to the "Account" option at the top of your dashboard, once you hit that option scroll down at the very bottom where you'll find the option "Log out", click there and you're done. Smiley Wink

Now to force quit the app, when you double-click the Home button (on your cellphone), your recently used apps appear. The apps aren’t open, but they're in standby mode to help you navigate and multitask.

Double-click the Home button to show your most recently used apps.

Swipe right or left to find the app that you want to close.        

Swipe up on the app's preview to close the app.  

Hope this helps! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, following these steps recorded what I thought was a night of lost sleep. Thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes