Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exercise ‘Impact on Day’

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’m not clear on the above listing that’s attached to each exercise. I recently did a ride of 79 minutes and the Fitbit tells me it had an impact on my day of 65 minutes. What’s up with that? Anyone know how this works?

thank you for your help!

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Workout's "impact on day" shows how much of the day's activity came from that workout.

For instance "+2,000 of 8,000 steps taken" would mean that you had 8,000 steps for the day and 2,000 of them came from that workout.

It usually show for steps, calories, and active minutes.  Did your minutes say '65 of xxx active minutes'?  That would mean you got 65 active minutes in that workout out of xxx total active minutes for the day.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Johnny

The ride was 79 minutes but the impact on the day was listed incorrectly as 65 minutes. Why would a 79 minute exercise only impact my day by 65 minutes.

Thank you

Gary
Best Answer
0 Votes

"Active minutes" are not the same thing as the length of your workout.  They have a strict definition as a certain level of intensity maintained for at least ten continuous minutes.

See Active Minutes .

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi

The exercise in question was a 79 minute bike ride. This was uniform level of activity for 79 minutes throughout so I don’t see why 14 minutes of that 79 minute ride would be mysteriously considered ‘not active minutes’ when the other 65 minutes of the exact same activity level were considered active minutes.

I’m impressed overall with the device but it clearly has its functional issues and peculiarities. I still ponder why anyone would create an ‘exercise tracking’ device with a screen too dim to read outdoors… probably to be able to say it’s battery lasts 5 days – although mine barely gets 4.

Take care

G
Best Answer
0 Votes