Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I adjust the brightness on Inspire 2?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi I have the inspire 2. Is there a way to brighten the clock face? It’s usually unreadable outdoors in any light. Is there a setting?

thank you very much 😊

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @suesue2020, welcome to the community forums! 

If the screen of your Inspire 2 is dim, please check that the following settings are turned off: 

- Dim Screen 
- Sleep mode

These will be easily accessed in the Quick Settings, just press and hold the buttons on Inspire 2 and choose those. They shouldn't be illuminated to indicate that they aren't activated. You can also review this help article for more information: How do I navigate my Fitbit device?

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
54 REPLIES 54

Hello @suesue2020, welcome to the community forums! 

If the screen of your Inspire 2 is dim, please check that the following settings are turned off: 

- Dim Screen 
- Sleep mode

These will be easily accessed in the Quick Settings, just press and hold the buttons on Inspire 2 and choose those. They shouldn't be illuminated to indicate that they aren't activated. You can also review this help article for more information: How do I navigate my Fitbit device?

Best Answer
Thank you! That did it!
Best
Suzanne
Best Answer

@suesue2020, it's been a pleasure! 

Have a great day! 

Best Answer
Thank you so much!

Your email helped me solve my screen brightness issue AND I followed
your advice to make my watch once again turn on when I turned my wrist. I
was very frustrated about these items and thought about just not wearing my
FItBit. Thank you!
Best Answer

Hello @Stepping71, welcome to the community forums! 

I am glad to know that these instructions helped you! I hope you can continue tracking towards your fitness goals! 

Have a great day! 

Best Answer

Hi Wilson,

I have turned off DimScreen, and Sleep Mode, and the screen text is still hard to see when running outside on a bright sunny day.  I previously owned the Fitbit Charge and Charge 2.  I never had any issues with reading the display.  I was going to get the Charge 4, but opted for the Inspire 2 because it looked less bulky.

Since there is no control to adjust screen brightness,  I was wondering if it is possible to bring up the issue of screen brightness with the engineers and increase the screen brightness through a firmware update?  Maybe, put in a brightness control?

Between the glare of the sun and the glass face, reading the screen is really difficult.  I have to cup my other hand over the watch to read anything.  I really like this model, but the screen brightness is a big problem.

Best Answer

Hello @J1V8. Welcome to the community forums! 

Thank you for the detailed information and for following the suggested steps. Your suggestion is very appreciated and I'd recommend to post this idea in the Feature Suggestions board so our developers can take it into consideration for new updates or product development.

Our team strives to improve the Fitbit experience based on our members feedback. If you find that a similar suggestion has already been made by another member of the community, you can vote for their idea and add your comments.

See you around.

Best Answer

Did anyone at Fitbit do product testing with the Fitbit Inspire 2?   Reading the display of the  Inspire 2 on a bright sunny day is almost impossible.  The glare of the sun and the shiny glass face totally drowns out any output from the display.

I have the Fitbit Charge and the Fitbit Charge 2.  I opted for the Inspire 2 over the Charge 4 because I liked the slimmer, simpler offering of the Inspire 2.  I never had an issue with reading the screen while running with the Charge or Charge 2.  I am so frustrated with the Inspire 2, I may return it for the Charge 4.

Before I do,  I was wondering if it is possible to increase the brightness through a firmware update?  I know that there are two levels of brightness on the Inspire 2:  Normal and DimScreen/SleepMode

Normal mode is plenty bright indoors, but totally drowned out when it is sunny.  It would be nice to have some sort of brightness control on the watch settings that has multiple levels of brightness to choose from rather than the binary DimScreen ON/OFF option.

Best Answer

I agree - so hard to see it’s annoying 

Best Answer

I’ve tried everything! Oh well 🙂

Best Answer

I agree as well . it’s very difficult to see the screen in the sunshine. I do a lot of swimming and boating and I’m outside a lot hiking and it’s impossible to see the screen. 

Best Answer

This did not work.  I did find the Settings mentioned above - both were already off. ...but still pretty impossible to read outdoors.

Also, there are no buttons on the Inspire2  - so any references to "buttons" is incorrect. And the navigation instructions aren't correct. AFTER activating the display (critical or nothing works), you have to hold the sides of the display (where there are touch sensors) until you get to the main display (not the Water Lock display), then scroll up to Settings, then tap the face of the display to select Settings.  Then scroll to find the two items mentioned........ then how to change them is also missing.  Good luck figuring out how to get back to the main display.

I think I just solved the mystery.  Quickly simultaneously touch the side sensors of the display (the forum keeps incorrectly calling these buttons).... doing that three times just got me from the screen I was stuck on to the main display.  Also quickly doing this at this point will toggle the display on and off.

The Fitibt Inspire 2 "quick start" guide is seriously missing basic instructions like this..  It's also missing a map of how to access all the features on the device.  The app isn't much better.

Best Answer

I’ve tried all these things and can barely see the screen in a dark room. Dim and sleep mode are both off. I tried resetting the thing. No change. A magnifying glass barely helps. This is not working.

Best Answer

Hi - wanted to see if there was any update on this issue? I bought this as a gift for my mom and we're 3 months past the warranty period. Followed all the troubleshooting tips and the screen is still impossible to read. Have been in touch with the customer service team and was advised to buy a new one - definitely not planning to do that. Trying to salvage this but no other solutions provided.... if there is a software update that can be pushed that would be great. Otherwise it's a useless product. If something worked for you, pls let me know! 

Best Answer

Hi, 

I’ve just been given an inspire 2 as a birthday present. Love it with the exception that you can’t read the screen in daylight, let alone when sunny. Has anyone had any luck with increasing the brightness? I keep on being told to check the settings, but they are all set correctly. It’s not fit for purpose as it is.

Best Answer

I've just bought Inspire 2 and i find very odd that a tool that it is made to assist the workout mostly outside, is lacking the most important feature: readability at the sun.

Really disappointed

Best Answer

Yeah, I am still hoping…but mine is getting dimmer and dimmer….I can’t see it inside the house now, until dusk.

My son’s Inspire HR can be read anywhere anytime….I suspect the battery life was doubled, at the expense of visibility.

Not fit for purpose?

Expecting post to be deleted (again) due to my (rightful) complaints….

Rob

Best Answer

Hi @Zaxanoid  my Alta HR grew dim over time and was hard to see, so I got the new Luxe. The Luxe has good battery life and the screen is bright and clear. Sometimes things just happen as our devices get older. When we join the forums, we agree to abide by the terms of service. Moderators are allowed to edit, merge, move or delete posts, per those terms. I've had posts removed and gotten a private message as to the reason why it's been removed. Click to read those terms

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

Help why is screen so dim is my brand new watch fault 

Best Answer