Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does your Inspire HR last ?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Read some posts from people whose fitbit inspire hr stopped working after a few months.

Is this typical ? How long have you been using your inspire hr for ?

How long does the warranty last ? What do I need to return mine for a fix/replace somewhere down the line.

Bought mine on amazon. Have the email receipt.

Moderator edit: clarified subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

@dbee01 Thanks for stopping by!

Let me help you with your inquiries. Fitbit devices are designed to last but if you have any issues you can reach out to our Support team for assistance. Still you can check Fitbit warranty here. Usually the warranty is for 1 year except on the EEA which lasts for 2 years. If you need to return the device then the Support team will guide you through the process. Are you having an issue with your tracker?

Let me know how it goes.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had my Inspire HR for about a year and a half. I am starting to have issues that may not be able to be fixed. I contacted a fitbit associate, and after troubleshooting and concluding my fitibt may be broken, I tried asking how long the life expectancy is on an Inspire Hr. They only said they are made to last, so I am not 100% sure. A clear answer would have been nice. I'd say 1-2 years. 

Best Answer

I’ve had mine for 2.5-3 years. Lately it’s been completely unresponsive, tapping the screen or using the button on the side won’t get a response and when it’s in this setting it won’t connect to the BT. I’ve tried to charge it thinking it somehow lost all its battery in a day and sometimes it “wakes” up but that only lasts barely a day before becoming unresponsive again. I’m looking at getting a different model, so I’d say 3 years max

Best Answer

How long is a long time?  I ask because since I joined in 2013 I have had to buy or get replacements for multiple Fitbits for both my husband and myself on all the series we’ve had.  Always seems to go out too right when a warranty time is up…like it’s planned.  He finally said forget it after the last one went out on him and changed brands I’m ready to as well.  

Best Answer

I’ve had my Inspire for a bit over two years and today I stood up and the thing fell on the floor...the watch appears to have lost both flimsy ends that hold it on the strap...sorry but in my mind we are supposed to be getting away from being a throw away society! When I bought this I had no idea of the short lifespan, but reading of so many cases like mine it’s clear that it’s a design fault... why hasn’t this been addressed? I’m not a fitness fanatic, I’m just a normal person who wants to track her steps, my Inspire is not being used incorrectly but as I see it I’m supposed to think “that’s a shame, Il’l just throw it away and get another one” shame on you Fitbit!  

Best Answer

My fitbits seem to only last 1 or 2 years, which to me is ridiculous.  When I bought my Fitbit HR, I decided to get the extended 2 year warranty.  The last couple of days, it's been acting up (wouldn't display all the screens, now it's not showing anything.)    I've tried resetting., but no luck.  Just pulled out my warranty---it expired 2 weeks ago!!!  Do they plan this?

Best Answer

So frustrating! I’m really not now a fan because clearly you are just expected to go and buy another one! 

Best Answer

20220623_033554.jpg

 I know how you feel, just over 25 mths after purchase 

Best Answer

I've had my HR for 6 or 7 years. My only problem for a while is that it doesn't charge as well anymore. Then my dogs chewed on it and now it's even harder to charge it and the battery life only lasts 2 days at most.

Best Answer

I bought mine in March of 2019. My only complaint with it is that it's cranky to charge but I think it was dirty because now it charges. (I had a toothpick nearby and used it to poke the swab to the charging contacts and really get in there. The swab came back with a black spot on it. I did this to the other ports on the back, which also came back black. To my joy, when I put it on my charger, it started charging!) I was about to give up on it and get an Inspire 3, but I'm kind'a holding out for a Charge 6, if it's worth the upgrade when it comes out.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes mine is just over 2yrs old.  Will not Sync to my phone and have tried everything that is on website - will NOT buy another Fitbit.  Trying LiveChat and that does not work either

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I had my fitbit inspire gold metallic look and wristband bought for me in June 2020, well it's July 2023 now 3 years and it's going well. all I have noticed is that it occasionally drops its link with my phone. When this happens it also temporarily loses its turn wrist/turn on function but will turn on if you tap it Usually, it only happens if I let it go below the low battery warning, and to sort this you charge it and resync it, no issue. Firmware updates will also do this but sorted again with resync, but clearly its not too much of an issue as its 3 years old and still going. Its the best watch i have EVER had hands down, i have found ffitbits customer service since 2021 when we started with them to be absolutely excellent.  guess pre-2021 they had some issues to iron out. They honored my husband's watch replacement after some issues with syncing and battery issues.He is really happy with his watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's good to see you in the community for the first time @lilacgerry.

Thanks for the feedback, the comment and for taking the time to share the post with us.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Health & Wellness board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Best Answer
0 Votes