Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire 2 Double Tap and Screen Wake problems

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have  a problem with my new Inspire 2. 

The only way to wake up my display is to squeeze the sides. Inspire 2 won't wake up when I turn my wrist OR double tap the face. It DID turn on both ways when I first got it about a week ago, but hasn't for the past several days. When I navigate to the "screen wake" setting on the Inspire 2, I see where it says screen wake and there is a light bulb with a slash through it. However, I can't change that setting to 'on', despite tapping the face.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong and how to fix this?

Thanks! 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone! Thank you for getting in touch about this. 

I appreciate the troubleshooting tried and the details mentioned. I see where your disappointment is coming from. 

As mentioned by others in this thread, please confirm that your Inspire 2 isn't set to "Do Not Disturb" or "Sleep Mode". Keep in mind that when an icon is activated, it will illuminate in quick settings. 

Also please check that the "Double Tap" and "Screen Wake" features are turned on, this to ensure that when you turn your wrist or tap the display, it works. These settings will be found in "Quick Settings" by pressing and hold both both and then choose each setting, learn more about it by checking this article: How do I navigate my Fitbit device? 

Let me know how it goes. I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
25 REPLIES 25

I've tried to go to the quick settings screen, tap the screen wake icon to adjust the setting.but it does not turn on.
This is very annoying. I want to be able to check the time without squeezing the sides.

Best Answer

Mine is just a black screen even though it's charged.  No tapping or squeezing sides will turn it on.  I bought this last Saturday and it's already quit working.  Will return today for a refund.  Very frustrated

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Acc1I guess that is another issue not related with "Double Tap and Screen Wake". Are you saying you cannot turn on the device after charging battery?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have figure out how to turn on "Screen Wake" on the "Quick settings" menu. The option "Sleep mode" should not be enabled. After disabling "Sleep mode" I was able to enable "Screen Wake" and turn my wrist and the clock was showing! yeah! One less problem here.
I'll try if Double Tap it's working or not...

Best Answer

I didn’t realise I had the same problem until I tried this.

I managed to get the double tap working by turning off double tap and then turning it back off again.

Screen on with movement still does not work. 

I rebooted my device in the settings and this didn’t make a difference.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Type45does "Screen Wake" on in the "Quick settings" menu?

Best Answer

Hi Zlabs, yes that was the problem thank you

I had sleep mode switched on and Screen wake switched off in quick settings

I had to search on the internet to find out how to get to quick settings it doesn’t seem to be in the how to guide in the app. For those that need to know hold both sides of the device for longer to get to the quick settings.

Thanks Zlabs, awesome

Best Answer

Hi everyone! Thank you for getting in touch about this. 

I appreciate the troubleshooting tried and the details mentioned. I see where your disappointment is coming from. 

As mentioned by others in this thread, please confirm that your Inspire 2 isn't set to "Do Not Disturb" or "Sleep Mode". Keep in mind that when an icon is activated, it will illuminate in quick settings. 

Also please check that the "Double Tap" and "Screen Wake" features are turned on, this to ensure that when you turn your wrist or tap the display, it works. These settings will be found in "Quick Settings" by pressing and hold both both and then choose each setting, learn more about it by checking this article: How do I navigate my Fitbit device? 

Let me know how it goes. I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Thank you, that worked, but then my question would be, by sleep mode it means the light will come on at night unless you change that all the time?

Best Answer

My screen on with movement works but double tapping does not, even though it is on in the settings.   I have tried turning it off and on again like you suggest with no luck....

Best Answer
0 Votes

Exact same problem here so thanks for figuring it out !! 👍

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you get to quick setting menu? Is that in the app? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Mdlc, when you press both sides of the inspire 2 hold it for longer than you normally would to access the device functions, about 5 seconds and you will see a different menu appear, This is the quick settings menu.

Best Answer

Thanks for this tip. Turning off Sleep Mode allowed me to activate Screen Wake. 

Best Answer

This worked for me!! As soon as i turned off sleep mode screen wake turned on automatically! Thank you i was so frustrated!

Best Answer

My SO was having the same problem with screen wake not responding to double taps and text notifications were not working. Both DND and Sleep mode were off. We toggled DND and Sleep mode on, then off, and we were then able to double tap screen wake on. Working as intended now. Except now she need to turn off the landslide of notifications from email, etc. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got my device and was trying to figure out why it would not wake when I turned my wrist like my old fitbit. Turns out the device came with the sleep option under quick settings turned on. before I turned that off, I could not turn the screen wake option on. but after I turned that off, it un-dimmed screen wake option and I could turn it on and off. 

So the fix is Quick Settings -> sleep (turn off)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply on how to fix it. Like the others - i couldnt get to turn on the screen wake and do double tap, the instruction manual doesnt say anything about it (might have missed it). You would expect you can make changes on the mobile app. I guess the User interface is not that intuitive.

All good for now. cheers!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Had the double tap and screen wake problems too. It was so annoying because I didn't always have my other hand free (carrying things) when I wanted to check the time. Always had to have two fingers to pinch to check time. ----But THIS Worked! Now not only does the double tap work, all I have to do is lift my wrist up and the time is there! This is wonderful.  Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes