Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire 2 screen to dim

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I bought two inspire 2s. My wife’s one has a nice bright screen. Mine is very dim and difficult to see when outdoors. In fact it’s useless to me. I have to rely on the app for information. Is there a way to make the screen brighter?

Best Answer
52 REPLIES 52

@Alan105 A warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. It's great to hear that you and your wife are using Inspire 2. 

I'll be happy to help. This could be happening if your Dim Screen is turn on in your Inspire 2 to change it, please press and hold both buttons then access Quick Settings and select Dim Screen. If the icon is illuminated, this means that has been activated. 

Learn more about it by checking this article: How do I get started with Fitbit Inspire 2? 

Let me know how it goes. I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I tried the earlier, but it did not solve the problem.

The screen needs to be brighter.

Its very surprising that there is no way of turning the brightness up.

Best Answer

@Alan105 Thank you for getting back. 

It's pretty weird that the brightness is different than your wife's Inspire 2. In this case, I could create a case on your behalf with our Support team and they'll be happy to provide the options available. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,

yes please create a case with support .

Regards
Alan
Best Answer

@Alan105 Thank you for confirming. A case has been created on your behalf and our Support team will continue assisting you through email please check your email inbox. 

Have a great rest of the week. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Was Fitbit able to help you. I've had my watch since October and my screen was bright at first and now it is very dim and hard to read.

Best Answer

@ALFSaunders Hi there. 

Please make sure that Dim Screen and Sleep mode are turned off in the Settings app, to access it press and hold both buttons. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Best Answer

I just started having this issue after 16 months.   Sleep mode and dim are both off.  I also tried to reboot but it seems to be stuck in dim mode.

Please help

Best Answer

My Inspire 2 is same age and has same symptoms.  Any luck solving problem?

Best Answer

No I went thru all the different recommendations...finally called customer support.  They had no answer and since out of warranty provided me a 30% discount on a new purchase. 

Sort of frustrating since it wasn't that old...just barely over a year.

Best Answer

STOP IT! You know that the screen can't be seen in day light even with the dim turned off. Stop gaslighting people with the worthless articles.

Best Answer

I am same too. None of the suggestions work and it's obviously a problem with this Fitbit.

Pretty useless for anything. Can't even see the time.

I have a two year warranty with John Lewis so may see if they can help or replace it with something better.

Best Answer

FYI. Hi I finally figured it out. After holding both sides, I scrolled to ‘sleep’ and touched it to turn off…  immediately the screen was brighter… never saw a Dim mode anywhere….  it’s just not as bright as my Inspire HR was…too bad I lost that one. Had it 3 yrs and loved it, the clip broke that connected to the band.

Best Answer

Both fitbits are dim and useless

Best Answer
Lucky you!

The only time I can read the screen is when I plug it in.
It's a bit annoying having to do that every time I want to see my heart
rate or find out what time it is!
Best Answer

I'm having the same problem. Reset everything several times. Even did a factory reset. It's still dim. What can we do!?

Best Answer
I got in touch with fitbit via online chat, went through all the suggestions from their tech people to no avail. So in the end they sent me a new fitbit which works. Good solution!Sent from my Galaxy
Best Answer

I am having the same issue. Were they able to help you at all? 

Best Answer

I talked to someone two different times. After the second time they sent me a discount for a new one. But that's not what I want. I want a fix, or a replacement for this one. I'm so disappointed in this issue. It makes the fitbit entirely impossible to use outside. I can only see it later at night to see how I did. That makes the daily step counting the only thing that works.  😞

Best Answer