Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire 2 won't come out of water lock

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had this fitbit less than a week, and have been swimming with it 3 times. Every time I tell it I'm swimming it goes into waterlock - great - but when I stop swimming I can never get it OUT of water lock. The screen won't even show up. AND it never sends the workout to the dashboard so I can see it - it's like it just disappears and I end up having to log it manually anyway. What is the point of having swim as an exercise to track if it won't track it. Because I swim is the ONLY reason I got this one.....help - I'd really like it to work properly - how do I get it to record the exercise, and how do I get it to come back from water lock? 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
93 REPLIES 93

Thanks alot 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

For anyone still having trouble with this, I found that undoing the water lock takes a minute or two. After firmly double tapping the screen (no visual or audio feedback will happen), check back on your Inspire 2 in about 2 minutes and the water lock will be removed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just wanted to join the chorus of people expressing their frustration with unlocking the water lock so that Fitbit gets the message. Double tapping does not work on mine (at least not until I've done it about 25-50 times). It takes so long that I've completely stopped trying to turn it off water lock while still at the pool as the lifeguards are standing there waiting for everyone to clear out and make way for the next round of swimmers. I've tried tapping it at different speeds and pressure amounts and from different parts of my finger (quick finger tip pecks vs giving it a full-on fingerprint, etc.), along with various combinations of tap, tap and tap, tap, squeeze until it eventually works for seemingly no rhyme or reason. Today I couldn't even get it off after all that and had it on water lock all afternoon, finally prompting me to get online and find this thread. I guess there is comfort in knowing I am not the only one, but I was really hoping it was me and I would learn that I was simply doing it wrong. But that doesn't seem to be the case! Fitbit, please take note of this issue. I guess I'm just going to stop swimming in it altogether, which is one of the main reasons I got it!

As many have noted, the double tap doesn't work. That's the issue.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

And your happy with this?  It gets worse over time, wait until you get to send your devise in 

Best Answer

I fixed it!

all I did was fiddle with the app a bit and I changed the watch face, and apparently it like resets the watch when you do that or som but the water mode was off and my watch works again.  😊😊

Ok apparently this was already found out to change the watch face oop

Best Answer
For now it is working until the big workout you are looking to track but spend 10 frustrating minutes pre workout trying to get it going. You are satisfied with this for the price you paid?
Best Answer

Hooking up to it's charger unlocked it instantly. Where everything else failed. I just wondered what the water lock feature was.

Found out. Bleh!

Anyway hooked up to charger cord and didn't have to mail it or destroy it for it to unlock.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hold one side, like you are going to squeeze it, then just tap with the other finger. 

Place pointer finger on one side then quickly tap the other side with your thumb. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s more than a double tap; it’s a full-on double palm swat 

Best Answer

Thank you for that very generic reply from the instruction manual. Unfortunately, that obviously doesn’t work. 

Best Answer

I don’t know if they updated the software or what, but I am able to get it to switch in and out of water locked mode by clicking twice on both SIDES of the Fitbit. Hope that works for others! 

Best Answer

Pinching the sides works! Much better than trying to tap it with the exact correct strength it needs. Now I'm also getting in the habit of pinching the sides to see the clock face, bc just tapping wasn't working reliably for me. 

Best Answer

To turn the Water lock off on my Inspire 2 fitbit,  I simply lightly squeeze the sides of the watch and it unlocks.  I've had no problems.

Just not sure what it is for?  If the watches are waterproof to 50 meters, why the need for the water lock option?

Best Answer

Tap the top of the screen a few times then touch the sides. That’s how I get it out. 

--------------

Tap the top of the screen a couple times and then touch the sides like you normally would when opening up to the clock screen 

--------------

Tap the top screen a couple times then touch the sides. This was in the manual. you just tap it to turn it off the same way you tap to turn on Waterlock 🙂 it auto turns off when you double tap so then you just touch the sides like you normally would to see the clock. Reading the manual makes it a lot easier to use it’s one of my favorite fit bits and I’ve had a few 

---------------

All you have to do is double tap the screen 🙂 then touch the sides to turn it on 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

That is exactly how I got mine to come out of water lock.  Just double tap then touch both sides.  Works!  

Best Answer
0 Votes

So. If your screen turns off whil using water lock hit the sides of it twice like double tapping. It usually takes a couple tries but it that is how I turn it off. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you! This worked.

Best Answer

Double tapping does not work!!

Thank you I really hit it on my palm screen came up and disappeared. Had to repeat it several times snd finally wayer lock appeared the I double tapped the image of the lock.. and said open sesame!’ Bingo!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I double tap on the face then hold on both sides of the face for a couple
of seconds. It works everytime.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep same issue ! Mine was locked for 80 hours!! And not responsive at all! Tried plugging it in to wall and it would show that it was charging but then would remain locked. Just read someone’s reply to hit it really hard with your palm and after smacking it like five times that finally worked! 😭 when I’m washing dishes I don’t water lock it and it’s been fine, so Idk why the swim mode makes it go crazy. 

Best Answer