Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire 2 won't come out of water lock

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had this fitbit less than a week, and have been swimming with it 3 times. Every time I tell it I'm swimming it goes into waterlock - great - but when I stop swimming I can never get it OUT of water lock. The screen won't even show up. AND it never sends the workout to the dashboard so I can see it - it's like it just disappears and I end up having to log it manually anyway. What is the point of having swim as an exercise to track if it won't track it. Because I swim is the ONLY reason I got this one.....help - I'd really like it to work properly - how do I get it to record the exercise, and how do I get it to come back from water lock? 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
93 REPLIES 93

Doesn’t work. VERY UNHAPPY!  No matter how I tap, it doesn’t work. Doesn’t track sleep either. Do not recommen6.

Best Answer

Experienced this too after my last swim and I just charged it and and tapped it while it's charging and that helped take it out of water lock. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

As you can see from the comments, this does NOT work.

Just got my first fitbit. Not impressed that a feature I plan to use regularly clearly has performance issues. Very disappointing. 

Best Answer

Thank you, worked perfectly!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I followed DoreLacroix's suggestion for being stuck with a non responsive (i.e. black screen but green sensor light on) Fitbit Inspire 2: double tap the screen and then squeeze it. That brought the Fitbit back to life.

PS it's obviously a firmware coding design flaw and it's still here two years after release. When Sleep mode is active and water lock gets activated the screen won't wake to allow for water unlock even though it's still checking for a double tap. You'd have thought they would've fixed this very simple to fix flaw with a firmware update since the device is two years old. All you need on the programming side is a simple if-statement when water lock gets activated:

if isWaterLock is True set isSleepModeActive to False.

Best Answer
0 Votes

exactly the same reason I returned my first one! Second one seemed  better and I rarely use the water lock but just remove the device but this time I showered  with it on and can’t get it working again. May have to find the directions about rebooting. You’d think the could fix the problem! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This didn't work.

The only thing that worked is to restart the fitbit

". If Inspire 2 is unresponsive: 1. Connect Inspire 2 to the charging cable. For instructions, see "Charge your tracker " on page  7. 2. Press and hold the buttons on your tracker for 5 seconds. Release the buttons. Whenyouseeasmileyface and Inspire 2 vibrates, the tracker restarted. Restarting your tracker doesn't delete any data."

Best Answer
0 Votes

Inspire 2 will not come on after swimming even after drying it and charging. And when I try to charge it it only gets burning hot to touch. Some one please help

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks .... Palm works!😅

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does anybody know if the new Inspire 3 has the same water lock problem, or if they fixed it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

my Fitbit is stuck in swim tracking mode. I double tap to turn off water lock, and that works. then I touch both sides at the same time to stop tracking, and the Fitbit does not respond. then it goes back into water lock and i start the same frustrating cycle again

Best Answer
0 Votes

You cannot tap the screen because the device is 100% unresponsive. The only working solution is to connect it to a charger.

Best Answer

it worked for me,  thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Everyone.

In order to have the community better organized, I'll proceed to close this thread.

If you want to share ideas, have any inquiries or need help about other concerns please visit the community. 

Best Answer
0 Votes