Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire 2 won't come out of water lock

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had this fitbit less than a week, and have been swimming with it 3 times. Every time I tell it I'm swimming it goes into waterlock - great - but when I stop swimming I can never get it OUT of water lock. The screen won't even show up. AND it never sends the workout to the dashboard so I can see it - it's like it just disappears and I end up having to log it manually anyway. What is the point of having swim as an exercise to track if it won't track it. Because I swim is the ONLY reason I got this one.....help - I'd really like it to work properly - how do I get it to record the exercise, and how do I get it to come back from water lock? 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
93 REPLIES 93

^^^^^

Gotta give it a big love tap to get it out sometimes.

Best Answer

My inspire2 goes into water lock when I wash my hands. I’m ready to use this **ahem** thing for target practice!

Best Answer

Sooooooooooonot happy with it with you!

----------------------------

You seem to not get it....the lock won't come off.

Best Answer

It works until it doesn't!  The problem is that if you have to double tap the side buttons -- to turn the screen on, to change a setting, to move from the wristband to the clip or vice versa -- the water lock comes back on.  If you do not notice that this has happened, it can block the Inspire 2 from automatically tracking your sleep or automatically tracking your walking!  Both things have happened to me twice.  Since I bought the thing in part for the sleep tracking, this is pretty discouraging.  Furthermore, unless it's fixed, I see no reason to buy Premium when the free subscription expires; why waste more money on something that doesn't work as described.  Frankly, the software designers need to de-link the side button double tap from water lock.  It really isn't necessary for water lock to work, since the manual says that "water lock turns on automatically when you start a swim in the Exercise app."   Of course, there are other things said in the manual that do not comport with reality but that's another issue.

Best Answer

This is the only thing that worked—thanks! There is no way Fitbit tests this function because double-tapping doesn’t work. 

Best Answer

Thank you! I tapped with my index finger directly on the screen and a little harder than normal and it unlocked!

Best Answer

I feel the frustration in this thread.  I contacted customer service shortly after receiving my Fitbit to complain about this and they made it seem as though it my my fault because I had not synced my device.  I now am very mindful about syncing the device and it is still an issue.

Yesterday was the first time I got to use my Fitbit in a swimming pool.  I was so excited to see how it tracked my activity.  I dutifully locked the device and when I stopped swimming, tried to unlock the Inspire 2 with my series of taps that look like I am beating my wrist to death.  Nothing.  I waited an hour and tried again.  Nothing.  Meanwhile, the green light on the back is still blinking like crazy.

In the middle of the night, the screen woke me up illuminating the room with a white block.  I tapped it repeatedly and it switched to the Fitbit logo with the white circles blinking for a period of time until I fell back to sleep.  Now, it will not turn on at all and there appears to be fluid or something under the screen that was not there before.

I literally only got this to track my “steps” and swimming because of my mobility issues.  After my surgery, weight gain became a major problem after being in the hospital a month without almost any mobility and less when I returned home with only one hour of physical therapy a week.  What is the point of a device if you cannot rely on it?

Best Answer

Thank you! This is what worked for me! Hit it really hard with heel of my hand.

Best Answer

I feel exactly the same way.  Mine goes into water lock all the time, and I have never been swimming with it on my wrist.  I have never taken a shower with it on either.  I am NOT happy with this product and would advise my friends not to buy it.  I have had quite a few Fitbit devices and I have been happy with all of them --- until I  got this one.  Uch!

Best Answer

Change clock face display through the app

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Versa 3 had the same issue and it's not working after doing double tap

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's what the instructions say but it simply doesn't work as you can see from all the posts. It adds - 3 - 5 minutes to my swim time trying to get it unlocked. Not what I bought it for! Couldn't set off on a bike run yesterday as it locked and double tapping as you suggest just doesn't work!

Best Answer

This would help more if double tapping worked consistently. It's terrible.

Putting mine on charge does not remove the water lock.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

Hi everyone, 

Thank you for sharing your experience with Inspire 2. Your feedback and comments are appreciated, be sure that features are implemented and improved based in user's feedback. 

I see where your frustration is coming from. Let's try the following: to turn off water lock, firmly double-tap the middle of the screen with your finger. If you don't see "Unlocked" appear on screen, try tapping harder. Turning off this feature uses the accelerometer in your device, which takes more force to activate. Note that water lock turns on automatically when you start a swim in the Exercise app. 

You can find this information and more in this article on navigating your Inspire 2.

Hope this helps. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is a reply to both you and Kate -- THIS DOES NOT WORK!!!  The users who have reported that Water Lock turns on because of sweat, humidity and serendipity are correct:  The feature does not work the way that Fitbit claims.  There is clearly a software problem.  In my case, Water Lock turns on any time I double tap the side buttons, which I have to do to finish an exercise, switch from wrist to clip or vice versa, or even see the screen since the wrist turn no longer works.  I was told by support initially that my first Inspire 2 was defective and was sent a 2nd, but the 2nd had exactly the same problem.  Then I was offered a Fitbit watch at no cost, which I declined because I hate wearing the thing on my wrist (which is small) and purchased the Inspire 2 specifically because it had the clip option and was re-chargable.  To reiterate:  The Water Lock feature needs to be optional as it does NOT work as advertised and screws up randomly.  I will not pay  for the Premium subscription because Water Lock inadvertently turns on during my sleep, when I do wear the device on my wrist, two fingers up on my wrist as advised, thereby preventing any sleep monitoring or scoring.  And I'm sick and tired of it turning on whenever I touch the side buttons and of it not turning off even if I tap the screen hard, harder and harder yet.  The software is clearly defective.

Best Answer
If the ol' "tap it a little harder" worked consistently, we wouldn't be
having this conversation.
Best Answer

I gave up and purchased a different Fitbit watch tracker.

Maybe someday Fitbit will be able to admit the Inspire 2 is a bust!!

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

I think they should offer all of us a different model at no cost to us.  I have had a number of Fitbit trackers over the years and have been a huge fan.  I've recommended them to so many of my friends.  Had this been my first Fitbit, I would ever purchase a second one.  I've had the Fitbit Inspire 2 for a couple of months now, and it is nothing but trouble.  It works far too inconsistently!  Yes, this one is a bust.

Best Answer

If that advice actually worked we wouldn't be having this conversation. I have also been advised that my tracker and hands must be dry to unlock the screen  - when I'm swimming? Really? You are trying to defend the indefensible - look at all the other posts about this.

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer

can't Fitbit simply offer an option to get rid of the very annoying waterlock?

Or, can I return this item which is far more annoying than useful?  I just got it a few weeks ago.

Best Answer