Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire HR Heart rate variability

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So, heart rate variability just popped up in my FitBit App. I clicked it the first day and it didn’t have data yet. So I slept, and in the morning my variability was 26 milliseconds. My RHR is about 62 on average. I have a healthy heart.

I didn’t know much about HRV so I googled it and I’m finding the average is in the 60s - like it’s similar to your RHR since it’s milliseconds between beats. Having 26/27ms would mean my heart is not working well at all.

Am I missing something? Or is my FitBit likely wrong? 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
65 REPLIES 65

Same!!! If it were accurate I would be nearly dead. 

Best Answer

My herb is 46 and has been climbing for weeks since I quit smoking. I’m eating well and exercising and work a ver laborious job. My Harv prior to quitting was in in the teens so wether or not it’s accurate by Hrv standards may be irrelevant, and more so just a benchmark to track an try an increase despite the number given. It may be in the lower side sometimes but it will increase with lifestyle changes. I never run and get consistent readings in the 40s now and I am a 40 year old male x smoker of 20 years..

Best Answer

I had same issue as all of you and found this out.  

Fitbit uses RMSSD formula to extract the HRV in milliseconds as opposed to SDNN. All the normal ranges We saw online were using SSDN (50ms or greater for normal range).

This article below explains the differences.   It’s technical but at the end it gives a table showing a normal range in RMSSD by age group.  
If link gives you a hard time type; 

HRV (rMSSD normal range) in Google.  

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0735109797005548

Best Answer

Thank you 🙏🏽 yes, it’s very technical but I think that it means that my HRV score of 26, for a 55 years old female is considered normal 🤷🏻‍:female_sign:

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is pretty much always 15 with an outlier here and there. Reading these comments is easing my concerns.

Best Answer

I started wearing a Whoop. It is consistently 10 to 15 points higher which made be feel much better. 

Best Answer
0 Votes