Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire HR band is broken/My experience with Support

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The plastic which holds the wristband in place breaks easily, within 6 months.

I have had 3 fitbit products in 3 years. A year and a month after I bought my first, expensive, device - the Versa - it broke, Fitbit gave me a 25% coupon code to replace it. So I bought the Inspire HR. After 6 months that broke, no longer charged. It took the warranty team 2 months to replace my device. They sent me a refurbished device that didn't work, so they I had to send that back before they would send another refurbished device to me. Now, again within 6 months, it has broken. The plastic connection to the wristband has broken off, so it no longer holds the band. I find it extremely frustrating, and frankly bad business, that your products break so easily. Since my product is out of warranty I cannot get my Inspire replaced again, even though I was without an Inspire for 2 months during the warranty. 3 products in 3 years is ridiculous. The supervisor told me there is nothing more than can do for me than provide a 35% discount, for me to throw more money at the company. They provided no apologies or alternatives, and frankly both of the customer services reps I delt with were rude. When the first representative answered the phone I said something like "I'm sorry, I can't hear you" her response, with attitude was "it is the same for me" and then literally waited until I asked her again to repeat herself. I dont understand how this company is so large, sells so many products and they break so easily and have awful customer service. I have basically been told there is nothing we can do for you, have a good day. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

@Kirstincox Hi there. Thank you for your feedback and comments, we're always striving to improve our services offered. 

I see where your disappointment is coming from. Your feedback has been shared with our team and this helps us to provide a good customer service, be sure that your comments won't be unnoticed. 

Our Support team reviews each case individually and provide solutions based in the Fitbit Warranty

Thank you for your understanding. Have a good weekend. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You adjusted my title, which is inaccurate and now I cannot fit it to reflect the actual situation. I did not break my band, those are easy to replace. My physical watch broke so it no longer holds the band. People should be able to truly post what they wrote so others may make informed decisions. Yes it is out of warranty, but I went without my watch for 2 months while your warranty team screwed me over. Those months should not count on my warranty. I have spent over $300 on devices in 3 years that have all broken. If I had purchased an Apple watch, it likely wouldn't have broken but if it had, I would have had replacement quickly. Customer service wouldn't be so rude everytime a customer contacts them. These devices should last for years woth the investment we put into them, not months. And a customer shouldn't have to wait for 2 months to get a usable replacement, which then breaks. Those 2 months I waited should not count under my warranty if I literally didn't have a product. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Girl they did you so wrong. I'm sorry you had to deal with that. I got mine in April and same exact thing -the little notch in the side wore out and the wristband wouldn't stay attached. They did send me another one, and I got it yesterday, but the one they sent me has the same issue except this one is on both sides instead of just one. I was so frustrated about it by last night I took some tweezers and started digging out little notches in the sides inside the device just hoping maybe that would click it back into place, and it worked. That would be my advice to you- find the smallest needle nose tweezers you can and feel in the side where the little hole should be, but isn't completely formed and twist them back and forth until it forms.  Little by little keep trying it to see if it's clicking into place, and that should solve your problem!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sounds like we all need to buy something besides Fitbit. My Inspire lasted 2 years before both connections on one side broke and will not hold the band. I don't think I will bother calling customer dis-service. Just get something that will last or at least is less expensive. You don't get what you pay for when buying Fitbit.

Best Answer

Yesss- is my comment above this one still showing? Fitbit notified me saying it had been taken down (I guess for giving advice that didn't benefit them) but just curious if it was still there since I was notified about your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Your post is still on the customer forum. Thank you for your post. Fitbit needs to know there is a problem with the connection point on the inspire.Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes