Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire HR battery drain issue

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

I have a FitBit Inspire HR. I updated it to version 20001.88.11. Recently, my FitBit is not holding its charge. Its battery is draining incredibly quickly and not lasting a full day. I attempted changing the default clock face from stats heavy to simple but that did nothing.

I believe a firmware update is needed to address the situation. My FitBit is only 5 months old and has been taken good care of. Is FitBit aware of this ongoing issue with the Inspire HR? 

Thanks

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Update: I think I MAY have found the culprit. 

After turning the GPS off on my FitBit, I noticed that my battery life is SIGNIFICANTLY better. I was at 99% this morning, and after a full 12 hours I am at 84%. While this is better than it was before, this still isn't as good as before the update. 

For anyone suffering this issue, turn off GPS on your FitBit and you should see better battery life.

And @JuanJoFitbit  you need to get your software team to patch this ASAP with a new firmware update.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
22 REPLIES 22

Same here, have tried restarting several times and it worked fine until the last update.  EDIT: I called customer service and they sent me a replacement component so I am very happy it was still under warranty and I am very impressed they went above and beyond to resolve the issue.

Best Answer

Hi, yes since the last update my battery has been terrible, used to be ok for 10-12 days, now it seems every other day I'm charging it.

Best Answer

I am having the same issues, and I've contacted and they are not responding.

Best Answer

Having the same issue. My battery is going from 99% to 3% within an hour starting today. My Fitbit is over 2 years old, but prior to this the battery was lasting 5 days per charge. I am so frustrated by this right now!

Best Answer

Update: I think I MAY have found the culprit. 

After turning the GPS off on my FitBit, I noticed that my battery life is SIGNIFICANTLY better. I was at 99% this morning, and after a full 12 hours I am at 84%. While this is better than it was before, this still isn't as good as before the update. 

For anyone suffering this issue, turn off GPS on your FitBit and you should see better battery life.

And @JuanJoFitbit  you need to get your software team to patch this ASAP with a new firmware update.

Best Answer

My GPS hasn't been turned on at all.  It is really annoying that they break the product and act like nothing is wrong.

Best Answer

I am doing the challenge for 250 steps each hour and check my steps regularly.   is this what drains my battery so fast.  I have tried other face styles but most are difficult to see if i am outside.   Any other suggestion ...  How should i contact fitbit office itself?

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s not, they made a firmware update that is draining the battery quicker. They won’t listen and fix the issue. It’s no different then what apple did with the iPhone. 

Best Answer

i have the same issues, suddenly, also somewhere in the SETTINGS , something said DIM/ ON/OFF i have no idea what dim means and it was set to ON

but i have since turned it to OFF, can anyone help me with this, as the battery is draining way too fast lately.  i have since RESTARTED my device to see

if the battery lasts longer. I do wear my fitbit charge HR a lot in the hydrotherapy heated pool daily to do workouts, but it was never a issue before, but suddenly

my battery is not lasting long at all. also while charging the screen continually goes on and off  while it charges is this normal, usually it turns off while

it is charging, not anymore HEPL ME PLEASE

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is a firmware issue that Fitbit themselves caused. Mine has completely died. I tried a couple of there dumbing down the settings and it didn’t change anything. You will also Fitbit themselves won’t help either. Sorry about your issues. 

Best Answer

surely they can fit the firmware issue, seeing a lot more people are having the same trouble all of a sudden. i am very annoyed about this issue, let's hope someone helps us out with our draining battery problem SOON.

Best Answer

Hi Gaabe, I have an Inspire HR and its battery is draining fast at present - but I am not aware of a GPS. I've looked in settings and it isn't listed... where did you find this setting? Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just encountered a similar problem this week. I saw the other post re: turning the GPS off, but that doesn't seem to have helped, and seems to me to kind of defeat some of the purpose of having the device. Is there someone from Fitbit on here that can provide me with a better solution?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Turning off my GPS solved this for me as well, ended up not being Fitbit but my phone. My phone gps is perfect on roads, but when I’m in enclosed places (my house, garage, grocery store, work) it struggles.. so my Fitbit was constantly dying while I was home or at work because it was constantly searching for my phone gps. Once I turned off gps it stopped constantly trying to search for it through my phone and my battery has been back to lasting 4 days before needing charged. It still accurately gives steps and miles walked/ran so I’m just going to leave it off. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there any update on this issue. My inspire has has started this issue this week!!

Best Answer

This is still affecting me too and I'm not sure why the post is marked as solved - people in the comments are clearly still having this issue and FitBit isn't doing anything to help. What a shame. 

Best Answer

I got intouch with the online help team and they confirmed my battery was constantly draining and as under warranty still they sent me a replacement tracker! Definitely get in touch with them and see if they can help

Best Answer
0 Votes

I appreciate the response - unfortunately, my issues started right after the warranty expired.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Call customer service they are great at assisting I also have this issue and I'm on hold right NOW

Best Answer