Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire HR screen swipe issues

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I can't swipe my screen to select a workout to track. I don't swim or shower with it, have no scratches, etc. Just purchased the product in May 2019. Any ideas, help?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @TracyD1 nice to see you here. Thanks for trying to restart your Inspire HR. Can you please follow these steps:

1. Force quit the App and turn off your phone
  2. Open Fitbit App, go to Account (upper right corner) > Delete Fitbit tracker from the Account
  3. Open the Bluetooth Setting on your phone and delete Fitbit Inspire HR from there too
  4. Reboot Bluetooth to make sure your Fitbit is not there
  5. Restart your tracker again and Access back to Fitbit App > Account to set up your Fitbit tracker back

If this doesn't help, I'll be glad to ask our support team to check this with you.

This should solve any syncing issue that you're having, please keep me posted on the resolution! 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
33 REPLIES 33

Hi @BridgetteR4  I have flagged a moderator to come and help you.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Hope you’re having an amazing time on the Forums @BridgetteR4, I’m really glad that you’ve joined us. Welcome aboard! Smiley Happy

Thanks for letting me know the hard time you're having with the display of your Inspire HR. I can see that you have tried to be very careful with your Fitbit. By the way, your Inspire is swim-proof in a lake, pool, or ocean (up to 50 meters).

Have you tried to restart your Inspire HR? You can follow this steps:

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Hold the other end of the charging cable near the port on the back of the tracker until it attaches magnetically. The pins on the charging cable must connect securely with the port.
  3. Press and hold the button on your tracker for 5 seconds. 
  4. Release the button. When you see a smile icon and the tracker vibrates, the tracker restarted.

Your tracker should now work normally. If your tracker still doesn't work please let me know, so I can check with our support team.

Thanks for flagging @NellyG.

Keep me posted.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

I just started having this problem with my Inspire HR.  I know to restart it and tried that but no smiley face for me.  It just buzzes and there is no change on the face of the unit.  I can't swipe on the unit to anything.  Help please.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @TracyD1 nice to see you here. Thanks for trying to restart your Inspire HR. Can you please follow these steps:

1. Force quit the App and turn off your phone
  2. Open Fitbit App, go to Account (upper right corner) > Delete Fitbit tracker from the Account
  3. Open the Bluetooth Setting on your phone and delete Fitbit Inspire HR from there too
  4. Reboot Bluetooth to make sure your Fitbit is not there
  5. Restart your tracker again and Access back to Fitbit App > Account to set up your Fitbit tracker back

If this doesn't help, I'll be glad to ask our support team to check this with you.

This should solve any syncing issue that you're having, please keep me posted on the resolution! 

Best Answer

Hi. I'm facing the same issue with my inspire hr. Have already tried to disconnect the tracker from the app and press the button for 5 seconds but no smiley appears. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @KarenHuy - Did you try a full restart? Directions are below.

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186

Best Answer
0 Votes

I change the clock deusgn from the app, now I can swipe my watch

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @YojanaFitbit 

I'm having the same issue with my inspire HR. I tried all of these steps and it is still not working. I am very upset about this because I work out daily with my Fitbit and it randomly stopped swiping yesterday before I got the gym. There is no explanation for why this would happen, as I do not shower with it, nor are there any cracks in the screen. 

Please help me!

Best Answer

I made a mistype.

*Design and not deusgn

If first solution does not work, try change the clock design from the profile.

You need to login in a internet browser (computer) to do it.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I tried changing the clock phase too and that did not solve the issue.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I am sorry to hear that. So far, that was the latest trick i've done to get
my fitbit screen fixed. It might be something else for yours 😕
Best Answer
0 Votes

Seriously.    Reliability issues have dogged me with every one of your products.  

the Apple Watch is now looking pretty good. 

Best Answer

reset is not working. Swiping is impossible. Please help

Best Answer
I can't get mine to work.

Fitbit is failing again...
Best Answer

Fitbit charge 3 will not accept swipe. Any advice telling me to plug it into charger and then push and hold the button is worthless since you cannot access the button when it is plugged in.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Give it a try - you can.

I did get this bit to work - but sorry to say it didn't fix the problem.

Fitbit should role out a software fix if that is indeed the problem.

If it's the parts wearing out - that will be easy for me to address,
There are some good alternative product now.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've tried restarting my fitbit. I've tried the deleting it from my phone and Bluetooth and all those steps as well and my touch screen still isn't working. This is literally the second fitbit I've had that didn't work right. I only got this one like a month and a half ago. And I love having it. But it's gotta work 😢 Please help (at your convenience I realize we are in the middle of a pandemic and this is the most first world problem). Thanks. 

Best Answer
If you hold down the button for a few seconds while charging, it will reset. Now I have to figure out why the time is off by 4 minutes.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've reset it multiple times already. It didn't work. 

Best Answer