Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire small wristband plastic broke off

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Had for less than a month and the small wristband broke where it attaches to the fit bit. Saw other complaints.  Seems like a manufacture defect.  Would like to get a replacement.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
79 REPLIES 79
Hi, try going to Fitbit.com and choose your country at bottom of page. Go
to Help, Let's Talk and Call Us Good Luck!
Charleyb
Best Answer
0 Votes

My daughter has been having trouble with her fitbit the end that attaches to the plastic fitbit kept falling off on one side, she has almost lost the entire thing several times.  At first I thought she just wasn't attaching the band securely or that the band had a broken piece but upon close inspection today and comparing it to her sister's inspire, it does appear like part of the plastic has broken away, therefore when you clip the band in it does not hold it securely and it falls back out.  Super frustrated, as my Alta HR band broke last week, luckily it was just part of the band, not the actual fitbit, so I was able to replace the band.  Who can I contact at Fitbit for help with the Inspire, because this appears to be a well-known problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Here is what I posted back in May when our fitbit broke. I hope the process will still work for you today.

Go to help.fitbit.com

Click the “Get Support” button on the lower right of the page.

You then get options to call or message or chat with support. I used Live Chat. I got a quick response, answered there questions and they agreed to send me a new Fitbit device (the case and display only, no new bands).

We had registered the device and they said it was still under warranty. Not sure how they handle a request out of warranty or even what the warranty is. It our device was less than one year old.

Open a chat and see what they can do for you. Good luck with it.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi
Try going on the fitbit website and choose your country. Go to Get Support
and ring the phone number, top right.
Good luck
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here. Bought all three of my kids the inspire to try and get them motivated to stay active, two of the devices are just fine, but the third has this sort of brittle plastic fatigue that seems to be the cause of the strap no longer fixing to the pebble. I guess there must have been a bad batch of plastic raw materials or something. Issue is that the devices are over a year old, so not sure if I even qualify for a replacement..,

Best Answer
0 Votes

I chatted with support and they determined the device was out of warranty so they can only give me a 35% discount on select items.  They do still have the original Inspire and with the discount it is marked down to $39 dollars.  But, as I was looking around on these forums I see all of these complaints of the latest firmware update causing syncing issues.  Both of my daughters have been having syncing their Inspires to their phones (iphone 6 and original iphone se).  While the replacement Inspire is cheap enough, I'm not sure I want to purchase another one and have the same issues.  It frustrates me that there are so many issues with these devices (plastic parts breaking, firmware updates, bands breaking, etc.) and Fitibit does not stand behind their products.  Glad I did not buy any of our devices at retail price, I always wait for a good sale so I'm not out of too much money if they go bad!

Best Answer

The same thing just happened to mine, and I've had it only about 6 months or so.  The housing is a terrible design, really.  There is a tiny thin plastic housing holding the band on.  For an active lifestyle, that just seems like a problem.  I used to have an Alta and I loved it and had it for years until the screen just died.  That metal housing never would have broken!  I bought another FitBit because of how long I had the Alta, and how much I liked it, but this one (more expensive!) broke super easily. 

**EDITED TO UPDATE WITH SOLUTION IDEAS**

So I chatted with the Fitbit help people back when this first happened in December, and got a replacement really easily.  Four months later, the replacement broke in the exact same spot.  (I'm not  an active person, beyond walks and sleeping in it, and I even take it off to shower, so it isn't like I'm asking much.)  I contacted the Fitbit help people again, and again, they were super helpful and a replacement is on the way. 

HOWEVER if you are like me, and pretty much over it, I have a couple of options!  First, Amazon sells face guards.  I got one with a band I bought when I first got the original Inspire HR.  I wrapped elastic ribbon through the loops of the face guard and tied it.  It is actually more comfortable than a regular band!  

WIN_20210423_12_32_45_Pro (2).jpg

Second, if you have slender wrists (mine is 6", but they go up to 7") Amazon sells kids' bands that the "nugget" slips into.  The colors are pretty garish, but no more crazy than my original purple Inspire.  It says the band is for the Ace, but my Inspire HR fits perfectly.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07YD8X5RB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/Fintie-Protector-All-Around-Protective-Smartwatch/dp/B07T1W9J5B/ref=sr_1_1?cr...

Both of these options help you continue to wear a "broken" Inspire HR.  Hope this helps! 

Best Answer

Hi my fitbit also broke where the band attaches. I love my fitbit and am devastated. Could i get a replacement? 

How did u contact them?

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi
Try going to Fitbit.com/help. Choose the country at the bottom of the page.
Go to GET SUPPORT and ring the number(top right hand box). I hope this is
of some use.
Take Care, Charles
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just to say that I am very impressed with fitbit support. Our Inspire had this defect after 18 months and they advised me that it was still under warranty. I spent 5 mins with online support and a new device is on its way.

Definitely contact them even if your device is older than 12 months. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue, but my Inspire HR is probably out of warranty. What do I do? Can't use my Fitbit anymore 😞

Plus, the charging contacts are slightly worn so it takes a bit of a wiggle and some luck to get it to charge.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes
I would still get in touch with Fitbit and ask if it's under warranty. They
might be able to help. Charlie
Best Answer
0 Votes
It's almost certainly not under warranty. It's just that the poor quality
of the plastic is abhorrent 😞
Best Answer
0 Votes
I would still get in touch with Fitbit and explain what has happened. They
might know what you can do. Good luck and take care. Charleyb
Best Answer
0 Votes

Ugh, my younger daughter is now having issues with her Inspire Band!  It looks like it is the same issue, the plastic has worn down where the band connects so that it no longer holds the metal pin securely.  Horrible design and very disappointed that this has happened to two devices now!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi this has happened to my daughters Fitbit inspire that I bought her for Christmas, can u pls advise how I can get a replacement please? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi I just contacted customer support and sent them photos. I stated it seems to be a common problem and they sent out a new watch. Not the straps though just the actual face but. They were really good in regards to replying to me and sent it all out pretty quickly. Hope you get it sorted. 
Best Answer
0 Votes

Try going toFitbit.com/help. Choose country at bottom of page.Then get support. Ring the number at the top right. Good Luck

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have just had the same thing happen to mine. So disappointed. I love my fitbit and my wrist feels wrong without it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, thanks for your participation in the Community. 

Thank you for taking the time to share what you're experiencing. I understand how you are feeling and appreciate your feedback and suggestions to help other members. Our team is always working on our products and services, and your comments are always welcome. The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with our Support team online or give them a call. Click here to get connected. 

I am going to close this thread, but if there is anything else we can help you with, do not hesitate to start a new topic.

Have a nice day.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes