Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Fitbit Inspire supported by Mac computers?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Big question is "will Fitbit Inspire be supported on the Mac?"

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

How are you doing my friend @tommylovell? Welcome!

You have a great question there. Actually, if you don’t have a compatible phone or tablet, you can sync your Fitbit device on your computer (Mac or Windows 8.1 computer) using Fitbit Connect. You can find this information here: How do I set up my Fitbit device? You can set up your Inspire with any of this options: Which phones and tablets can I use with my Fitbit watch or tracker?

Let me know if you have questions about this. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have tried Fitbit Connect (FitbitConnect-v2.0.2.7241-2018-07-25.dmg). When I run it,
it says “Turn on Bluetooth to sync your trackers”.

Bluetooth is already on. My Bluetooth mouse is working as do other Bluetooth devices.

Clicking next still says “Turn on Bluetooth to sync your trackers”. When I go to Bluetooth
Preferences, it doesn’t “see” the Fitbit. I do have other devices connected.

I am on MacOS High Sierra, Version 10.13.6.

I do have an iPhone and have the app installed in my iPad tablet and the Fitbit works there.
But I would really prefer not to have the apps installed on either device. (Not that I’m pointing
fingers, but I’ve had poor experiences in the past with third-party apps.)

is it possible that High Sierra is missing the hardware or drivers required to support the Fitbit?
(High Sierra is the last version of MacOS that’ll install on my MacBook Pro.)

Thanks for your response and your time.
-tom lovell
Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you ever get this resolved? I gave my mother an Inspire for Christmas & it has just turned into a disappointing gift. She cannot get her  computer Bluetooth to "see" her tracker either. I hope you can help?

Best Answer
Nope, can’t access the Inspire from my mac. iPhone should work.
iPad definitely does (iPad Mini 4).

The problem with my Mac may be that it is very old (2010) and O/S
is backlevel (High Sierra), but I suspect that the new MacBooks
(Catalina) do not work work either.
Best Answer

I had the same problem on a Macbook Pro and imac but it worked perfectly with my partners laptop. 

Something I noticed with Apple was how it doesn't show the entire screen when selecting which Fitbit tracker to set up and I believe there is an option to click a link at the bottom of the box to sync with a Fitbit Inspire. 

I'm struggling to upload a screenshot but basically the box that appears during setup shows 2 rows of 5 devices and a Fitbit One at the bottom half cut off with no way to resize the box or scroll to show the missing links. 

I hope this makes sense.

Edit: I was told by Fitbit support that Macs aren't supported. In that case why does it offer the download to Fitbit Connect and not warn us at that point that Apple computers are not supported. 

Best Answer

Having the same problem, I find it troubling that nowhere does it state clearly that Fitbit Connect is not supported with Inspire. Disappointing, hopefully I'll be able to return the device. 😞

Best Answer

AccodingInspire User Manual (which you have to look for and is not readily available on site) the Inspire Fitbit is NOT supported by Mac. You cannot set up your device via Mac and you cannot use Mac to sync. 

If you want to use it at all you will need a mobile device or a Windows 10 computer in order to sync and properly track

Best Answer
0 Votes